mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Ruth Gordon (1896) Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 96,378
Ruth Gordon (1896)

Gordon was an American actress and playwright whose career encompassed more than 70 years of stage and film experience. She made her Broadway debut in 1915 as Nibs in Peter Pan. She wrote many plays and collaborated on many successful screenplays, including Adam's Rib, with her husband, the playwright and director Garson Kanin. She won an Academy Award for her performance in Rosemary's Baby and, in 1971, starred in what black comedy film that has since become a cult classic? More...
Joseph Glantz
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:12:35 AM

Neurons: 6,040
She was such an engaging person. I remember her performances later in life. Here's the part that interests me from her bio. I did not know this.

Gordon and husband Garson Kanin collaborated on the screenplays for the Katharine Hepburn – Spencer Tracy films Adam's Rib (1949) and Pat and Mike (1952). Both films were directed by George Cukor. The onscreen relationship of Hepburn and Tracy, seen in those films, was modelled on Gordon and Kanin's own marriage. I always thought the onscreen relationship was modelled on the offscreen relationship of Hepburn and Tracy
MTC
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:29:57 PM

Neurons: 8,606
News to me too.

I remember her best for her performances in Rosemary's Baby and Harold and Maude. Her gravely voice was unmistakeable.

P.S. What ever became of Bud Cort?