mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Consciousness Options
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, October 9, 2021 3:18:39 PM

Neurons: 58,566
Started getting a daily email - don't remember how - Aeon Psyche - and it has some interesting articles. Like this one on Consciousness, and one of How to Stop Yelling at Your Kids. I read the one right through about arguing better. We can all learn how to do that better.

I thought Epi might be interested in this Consciousness topic if he has time to read it.

https://psyche.co/ideas/the-brain-has-a-team-of-conductors-orchestrating-consciousness

https://psyche.co/ideas/argue-better-by-signalling-your-receptiveness-with-these-words
Balcácer
Posted: Saturday, October 9, 2021 4:59:15 PM

Neurons: 20,180
Boo hoo!

Hi

I try to see your point, I have tried by being a good lover to my wife. Not in the physical way (sex, íntercourse) but love with kind words, deeds, also reading a book, watching TV with our holding hands.

Yes!
Epiphileon
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2021 4:06:04 AM

Neurons: 168,052
Good day Hope, thanks for posting this it is very interesting. I haven't gotten all the way through it yet and I'm still working out which consciousness they're talking about. I'm thinking at this point they are talking about base consciousness, i.e. the awareness of the world and that amazing unified virtual reality constructed in each of our minds on the basis of the senses and internal processing. That would indeed be an amazing stop forward so far I doubt very much they are arguing for a Cartesian style homunculus though, that would be extremely radical.

I am very interested in this article at 0400 I'm going to need a wee bit more coffee before proceeding though kinda weighty for an precaffeinated brain.