mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Which is correct? Options
Koh Elaine
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 5:06:10 AM

Neurons: 32,625
I only use commas when I consider them to be necessary in understanding a sentence. In this case I'd use your versions without them.

I use commas only when I consider them to be necessary in understanding a sentence. In this case I'd use your versions without them.

Which is correct?

Thanks!
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:26:42 AM

Neurons: 663,183
Double post.
Bathcoup
Posted: Friday, October 1, 2021 3:52:21 PM

Neurons: 2,447
Yes, it's here: https://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst211341_Which-is-correctly-punctuated-.aspx

It looks the habit of asking the same question twice is contagious: https://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst211153_Is-it-correct-the-answer-.aspx

I hope you've figured out how to avoid it.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Friday, October 1, 2021 3:57:59 PM

Neurons: 663,183
I just wonder how someone can wake up after a week to correct a thing that was corrected a week ago.
d'oh! Think Eh?
Bathcoup
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2021 5:34:20 PM

Neurons: 2,447
I don’t keep track of every thread. I usually don’t have much to say or don’t have time to say much. When I do have a bit time to spend and want to post something here, the thread is often a few days or weeks old. I sometimes found it interesting to read a thread started years ago. The only thing that’d dissuade me from posting is its length.

By the way, double post is an incorrect description. It should be “duplicate thread/topic”. Neither you nor I could correct this issue. Labelling this thread “Double post” is helpful but doesn’t prevent two active threads running on the same topic. Labelling it and providing a link is as much as an ordinary member could do. (I’d think the duplicate-thread poster should do this but those frequent offenders don’t really care.)

The TFD can easily correct this kind of thing, but I’m not in a position to teach them how to write a good computer program.