mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Have an Awe Full Day Options
Epiphileon
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 6:27:24 AM

Neurons: 167,621
I have for a number of years now been encouraging people to cultivate awe. I have done this and have found that it worked and that moments of awe have become a natural part of my day. Today I came across this article.
Awe Appears To Be Awfully Beneficial
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 7:29:29 AM

Neurons: 633,797
When I walk out from our door, some 50n metres, I'm in forest. I can see birds, squirrels, hares, badgers, foxes, insects, flowers... Everything we have in these parts of world. My soul is filled with awe of this magic. Just behind a corner within the limits of a metropol.

Our forests, lakes, and sea, are our inexhaustible resource for relaxation and peace of mind, just like our sauna ;-)
And I sometimes fear there are people who don't care for our environment and future.
Robert Kane
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:42:13 PM

Neurons: 86,374
Hi Epiphileon, how are you? I saw your title for this forum and it really got my attention. I just read the article from NPR. Thanks for posting the link. What an interesting idea. We so seldom read or hear anything about the emotion awe, as if it hardly exists.

When I think of what fills me with awe, I also think of nature. Living in the San Francisco Bay Area, one of my favorite places to visit is Muir Woods over in Marin County. Run by the National Park Service, it protects 554 acres, almost half of which contain the spectacular coastal redwood forests. Most of these redwood trees are anywhere from 500-800 years old, and grow close to 300 feet tall! They are just magnificent to see up close. I always feel such inner peace, and so close to God, standing among these giants of nature.