mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
CDC Grossly Exaggerated - New York Times Options
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 11:37:30 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 16,393
Neurons: 78,630
https://thebl.tv/us-news/cdc-misleads-with-statistics-and-exaggerates-transmission-risks-new-report-reveals.html

From the article: (Is anyone really surprised?)

"A revealing report published Tuesday by the New York Times claims that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) estimate that the risk of outdoor transmission of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Virus of about 10% is grossly exaggerated. That statistic keeps the population fearful and justifies the continued pushing for the constant use of face masks, including for those who have already been vaccinated.

The CDC has cited the estimate to support its recommendation that vaccinated people continue to wear masks in situations that would not make sense or that children wear masks at outdoor summer camps despite the proven low transmissibility rate of the virus."

The hegemonic media assumed the statistic to be true, and it quickly became a kind of revealed, absolute, and generalized truth about the possibility of outdoor transmission.

But according to the report published by the NY Times, the number is wrong.
hedy mmm
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 12:42:57 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/29/2014
Posts: 1,466
Neurons: 704,940
Location: Borough of Bronx, New York, United States
FounDit wrote:

https://thebl.tv/us-news/cdc-misleads-with-statistics-and-exaggerates-transmission-risks-new-report-reveals.html

From the article: (Is anyone really surprised?)

"A revealing report published Tuesday by the New York Times claims that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) estimate that the risk of outdoor transmission of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Virus of about 10% is grossly exaggerated. That statistic keeps the population fearful and justifies the continued pushing for the constant use of face masks, including for those who have already been vaccinated.

The CDC has cited the estimate to support its recommendation that vaccinated people continue to wear masks in situations that would not make sense or that children wear masks at outdoor summer camps despite the proven low transmissibility rate of the virus."

The hegemonic media assumed the statistic to be true, and it quickly became a kind of revealed, absolute, and generalized truth about the possibility of outdoor transmission.

But according to the report published by the NY Times, the number is wrong.

————
Yikes! FounDit...you are so right!

Of course i’m not surprised AT ALL...the fake media still downplays this biochemical weapon produced in Wuhan labs with the likes of Fauci, Gates & Birx’s coverup...and the clown sitting/slurring in the WH...
I guess when the ratings dropped for CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS the NYT, etc...they are all trying to change their tune...maybe even find the truth!

Thank you for threading this info! Applause

hedy mmm
Dancing

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 1:22:38 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 10,240
Neurons: 58,421
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Keep up, you two. This article is from May.

Fauci said no need to wear masks outdoors in May 2021, especially if fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/fully-vaccinated-people-dont-need-to-wear-masks-outside-fauci-says-.html

(Your BL source gives away that it's a rag with its communist/hegemony terminology.)
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 3:32:49 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 45,388
Neurons: 648,814
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
They have sense of humour in BL. From their "About Us":

"It is our responsibility to be conscious of the kind of values that we choose to portray to all of society. All citizens strive for TRUTH IN CONTENT."

Gary98
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 4:03:09 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/23/2014
Posts: 1,718
Neurons: 6,279,168
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
To stir the pot a little: "Opinion: Congress is investigating whether the 2019 Military World Games in Wuhan was a covid-19 superspreader event", see here.

It really doesn't hurt that much to cover up with a face mask if one more human being can be saved from all those Alpha/Delta/CCP/UK/Indian varaents.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:17:45 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 10,240
Neurons: 58,421
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Gary98 wrote:
To stir the pot a little: "Opinion: Congress is investigating whether the 2019 Military World Games in Wuhan was a covid-19 superspreader event", see here. Interesting article, Gary.

It really doesn't hurt that much to cover up with a face mask if one more human being can be saved from all those Alpha/Delta/CCP/UK/Indian varaents.


Exactly, Gary. I just got in from waiting while masked over an hour at a medical clinic and I was in the car ten minutes before I remembered to take it off. It is a KN95 which fits snugger to the face than the blue and black medical masks.

I'd like to see for myself the actual data mentioned in the article and not rely on any media.

BTW - all the masks we buy are made in CHINA.

Since Canadians and Americans are cultures of "cheap" most of the manufactured products we buy ARE made in China. You have to search most products for made in Canada or made in USA.

In the article they say people are fearful of transmission at 10% and figure that is high. I thought 10% was low. As long as everybody is masked inside grocery stores we have not been worried about passing them in aisles closer than 6 feet.

As for outside, remember winter is different and we are now in summer. You can see how far your breath goes on a cold day. As long as people are not blowing out as they would if smoking, or sneezing, or it is windy, it is pretty safe outdoors in summer without a mask if you try to stay apart when passing on the street. Playing a game might be different unless all are fully vaccinated.

People just need to use their common sense and also do what feels comfortable to them re protocols for safety, except of course where stores or municipalities have mandated them. We were wearing my allergy masks last January/February whenever it was we first heard about Covid long before any medical authorities had made up their minds and issued recommendations about masks or any protocols. I will probably wear a mask for a while yet plus may go back in winter flu and cold season. I'm also wearing it outside even by myself right now because it is a very heavy pollen season.

I am not convinced that the only benefit of mask wearing is for others. The wearer is protected too. Maybe not as much, but enough unless up close and sneezed upon right on the mask. Even then the viral load would be less.

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:45:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 45,388
Neurons: 648,814
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
In addition:

I searched NY Times news site for CDC. No such "A revealing report published Tuesday by the New York Times" found.
What I found were, among others, some statements by CDC officials, that kids can go to summer camps without using masks outdoors. All the staff are vaccinated.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 7:47:44 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 10,240
Neurons: 58,421
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
In addition:

I searched NY Times news site for CDC. No such "A revealing report published Tuesday by the New York Times" found.
What I found were, among others, some statements by CDC officials, that kids can go to summer camps without using masks outdoors. All the staff are vaccinated.


My motto is "Don't sweat the small stuff". Masks are definitely small stuff. Catching this awful virus that if not taking lives, is wrecking lives, is not small stuff.

Trying to bring down for political reasons the "American physician-scientist and immunologist who serves as the director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the chief medical advisor to the president", Dr. Fauci, is not only small, it is petty.

JJ's research seems to say that is what was done, with it being spread on the forum.
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 2:59:35 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,264
Neurons: 787,345
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
FounDit wrote:
https://thebl.tv/us-news/cdc-misleads-with-statistics-and-exaggerates-transmission-risks-new-report-reveals.html

From the article: (Is anyone really surprised?)

"A revealing report published Tuesday by the New York Times claims that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) estimate that the risk of outdoor transmission of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Virus of about 10% is grossly exaggerated. That statistic keeps the population fearful and justifies the continued pushing for the constant use of face masks, including for those who have already been vaccinated.

The CDC has cited the estimate to support its recommendation that vaccinated people continue to wear masks in situations that would not make sense or that children wear masks at outdoor summer camps despite the proven low transmissibility rate of the virus."

The hegemonic media assumed the statistic to be true, and it quickly became a kind of revealed, absolute, and generalized truth about the possibility of outdoor transmission.

But according to the report published by the NY Times, the number is wrong.


First of all, it would be helpful if you aligned with Hedy on the message you're trying to share: According to your post, the hegemonic media is leaping on this statistic to keep the population fearful. According to Hedy "the fake media still downplays this biochemical weapon produced in Wuhan labs" Which is it? Is the media fear mongering or downplaying a Chinese plot? Surely if the media wanted to be successful at fearmongering, emphasizing a Chinese bioweapon would be the best way to go.

Secondly, I see you're still perpetuating the racist terminology intent on placing the blame with China for this virus. This is worrying, especially as this kind of language has a noticeable impact on the number of hate crimes against Asian Americans. The CDC don't refer to COVID-19 as the CCP virus.

Hedy, kindly keep your political commentary to yourself. The politics forum is locked for a reason.

Hope, "I am not convinced that the only benefit of mask wearing is for others. The wearer is protected too. Maybe not as much, but enough unless up close and sneezed upon right on the mask. Even then the viral load would be less." I suppose in this sense, masks are like vaccines: It only really works if the majority joins in. The problem comes from people who refuse because it's inconvenient to them.
FounDit
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 11:35:58 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 16,393
Neurons: 78,630
Fauci himself said in the beginning that the masks do nothing to stop the virus. The virus can go right through the masks. Also, each inhale brings in air from around the mask, so if anyone close by expels the virus in an aerosolized or droplet form, it will go right around the sides of the mask. There are also reports of the harm that can come from re-breathing your own waste product over extended time - CO2.

Evidence is accumulating daily that the US taxpayers funded the bioterrorism experiments at Wuhan. There would be no reason to do "gain of function" (increasing a virus' ability to infect) if not for use as a weapon. So the US paid for a bioweapon that was then used against all of us. And when a bio-weapon is created, especially by a country like China, who do you think they would use it on? Three guesses and the first two don't count.

But by all means, those of you who believe everything the MSM tells you, keep on wearing your mask, and get your shots...LOL.

Hope123
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 3:50:20 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 10,240
Neurons: 58,421
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
FounDit wrote:
Fauci himself said in the beginning that the masks do nothing to stop the virus. The virus can go right through the masks. Also, each inhale brings in air from around the mask, so if anyone close by expels the virus in an aerosolized or droplet form, it will go right around the sides of the mask. There are also reports of the harm that can come from re-breathing your own waste product over extended time - CO2.

Evidence is accumulating daily that the US taxpayers funded the bioterrorism experiments at Wuhan. There would be no reason to do "gain of function" (increasing a virus' ability to infect) if not for use as a weapon. So the US paid for a bioweapon that was then used against all of us. And when a bio-weapon is created, especially by a country like China, who do you think they would use it on? Three guesses and the first two don't count.

But by all means, those of you who believe everything the MSM tells you, keep on wearing your mask, and get your shots...LOL.



The motivation for the posting of this topic in the Medicine sub forum is a fox (pun intended) in sheep's political clothing.

FD, in a previous thread I already refuted with proof your incorrect opinion that the US money was used to create viruses more harmful to humans. I'm not doing it again, especially since you don't read my posts anyhow. But others do so I continue to refute your conspiracy theories. Gosh, I can't figure out where you get them all from. :)

Why don't you wait for the data of the new investigation into the origins of COVID-19 launched by the US? Instead you have made up your mind that the conspiracy theory pushed by TFG is the absolute truth when the facts are not yet in.

Fauci said we need to keep an open mind. Biden said the U.S. Intelligence Community has agreed on “two likely scenarios” — human contact with an infected animal, or a laboratory accident. (Though neither one has been deemed more probable than the other, according to the statement).

Masks - First of all your theory about CO2 building up contradicts your theory that air escapes from and into around the sides.

But yeah, people said a lot of stuff at the beginning before knowledge evolved. Also, you don't say what kind of masks. Of course one layer or even two layers of a homemade cloth mask are not going to protect as much as an N95 or a KN 95 which are tight to the face. N95 are for medics and have to be fitted. We can buy 50 KN95 for $20 and they fit securely to the face, although not like an N95 or painter's mask. Even if some escaped through the sides of the blue or black medical masks viral load still makes a difference.

Until enough people are vaccinated masks and social distancing are all we have. And epidemiological studies have proven those two preventive measures DO WORK.

Rebreathing waste products has been debunked. Nurses have been wearing these air tight N95 masks for 12 hour shifts for years and doctors/dentists all wear medical masks and surgical masks for long periods of time. I had my O2 level taken last week while wearing a mask and it was 96%, same as always. I'll keep the forum posted re a stress echo test I'm doing on Monday while wearing a mask.

We don't need to believe main stream media. We have friends volunteering at Covid vaccination clinics or working in the medical field who know exactly what goes on. All the patients in ICU in Ontario have NOT been vaccinated. Many passed up the vaccine, caught it, and died. Even younger healthy athletes.

A nurse in Covid wards in California has patients who have claimed with their last words as she intubated them with a ventilator that the virus is a hoax. I'm sure there were others too.

My son knows that during the recent phase three he had only one ICU nurse per ICU room for several patients when it is supposed to be one on one. He knows how they had to set up hospital tents ($12 M per tent and then not enough staff because government cuts) after moving all the LTC hospital patients to hotels and then converted wards to ICU units. He told me all the planning, costs, and execution of helicoptering patients to less full hospitals around the province. He told me how many thousands and thousands of dollars (I'd have to ask him again but it was a lot of money) just to run that one ICU unit nurse, let alone all the equipment and supplies. If nothing else the financial cost should make a dent in your anti mask/anti vax thinking.

I can believe that you scorn masks, FounDit, but I find it hard to believe that you have not been vaccinated when it is free and easy to get. Even in "crazy" Texas as the Norwegians use the term.

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 5:18:39 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/21/2009
Posts: 45,388
Neurons: 648,814
Location: Helsinki, Southern Finland Province, Finland
FounDit wrote:
Evidence is accumulating daily that the US taxpayers funded the bioterrorism experiments at Wuhan.


What evidence, exactly? No BL links this time, please.
Can you, for once, give us something real, not some speculations from the fake media?

EDIT:

And, please, don't make this Medicine section of the forum your new political campaign arena.
FounDit
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 7:39:43 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 16,393
Neurons: 78,630
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Evidence is accumulating daily that the US taxpayers funded the bioterrorism experiments at Wuhan.


What evidence, exactly? No BL links this time, please.
Can you, for once, give us something real, not some speculations from the fake media?
I provided a copy of the email from Fauchi. If you don't want to believe it, that's on you. If you want to learn, then I suggest you do some research on your own rather than rely on the MSM, or me to tell you about the things being reported on multiple information sites, both mainstream and not.
EDIT:

And, please, don't make this Medicine section of the forum your new political campaign arena.
This topic concerns medicine because it has been weaponized. The fact that it has been politicized is not on me, but on the media and the political Left. Again, medical things have been weaponized. The medical can no longer be divorced from the political, so any mention of the China virus will of necessity intertwine with the political. If it bother you, don't read it. Simple. That's what I do with posts I have no interest in reading.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 10:04:05 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 10,240
Neurons: 58,421
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
FounDit wrote: The fact that it has been politicized is not on me, but on the media and the political Left.

"Not my fault, Mommy.😢 I only started the thread because it IS political."
Lotje1000
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021 2:44:50 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,264
Neurons: 787,345
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
FounDit wrote:
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Evidence is accumulating daily that the US taxpayers funded the bioterrorism experiments at Wuhan.


What evidence, exactly? No BL links this time, please.
Can you, for once, give us something real, not some speculations from the fake media?
I provided a copy of the email from Fauchi. If you don't want to believe it, that's on you. If you want to learn, then I suggest you do some research on your own rather than rely on the MSM, or me to tell you about the things being reported on multiple information sites, both mainstream and not.


The email you provided we've already tackled in this thread. Additionally, one e-mail from February 2020 does not change the fact that his advice throughout the pandemic has been very clear and supported by science. Science is not dogmatic - it evolves as we learn.

It remains interesting that you have no sources of your own. Your strategy consists of taking what we use and wilfully misinterpreting it even after you've been proven wrong. You say we should provide sources and do our own research but, as always on this forum, you don't ever follow your own advice.
Epiphileon
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021 4:55:38 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/22/2009
Posts: 4,382
Neurons: 167,812
Yes, yes, by all means let us rail against being over cautious with a disease that has killed over half a million of our fellow citizens. Yes this makes perfect sense, fortify the position of the ignorant self-righteous who continue to ignore sound medical advice.

Standard mask-wearing was never about protecting one's self it was about limiting the degree to which an infected person could spread the disease. Anyone who does not think a mask was effective at this should try blowing out a candle with a mask on. The mask may not stop the virus but it will most certainly limit the distance it travels.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021 7:50:43 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 10,240
Neurons: 58,421
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Advice from the top - The United States has experienced more deaths from COVID-19 than from World War I, World War II, the Vietnam War, and 9/11 combined.

Any relaxation of isolation rules does not mean the pandemic is over. It just means they now have room for you in the ICU. Make good choices.

The pandemic can be stopped. Wear masks, social distance.

Get vaccinated.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.