mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
...scheduled to take place tomorrow. Options
Koh Elaine
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 3:20:02 AM

Neurons: 30,622
A virtual meeting of the SEA Games Federation is scheduled to take place tomorrow, when the matter is expected to be discussed.

Since the Games are from Nov 21 to Dec 2 is it correct to say "A virtual meeting...is scheduled to take place tomorrow." when the duration of the meeting is 12 days, not one day?

In my opinion, "scheduled to take place tomorrow" is used when it is a one-day meeting.

Thanks!
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:20:18 AM

Neurons: 625,795
Your sentence gives us the information that the meeting of the Federation is scheduled tomorrow, not the games.

Otherwise youd'd say the meeting is scheduled to take place from Nov 21 to Dec 2.

I think Southeast Asian Games Federation can manage with the federation meeting in one day, and the actual games events can last 12 days.
Koh Elaine
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:33:50 AM

Neurons: 30,622
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Your sentence gives us the information that the meeting of the Federation is scheduled tomorrow, not the games.

Otherwise youd'd say the meeting is scheduled to take place from Nov 21 to Dec 2.

I think Southeast Asian Games Federation can hold the federation meeting in one day, and the actual games events can last 12 days.

I misinterpreted the sentence. Thanks, JJ.