mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
How do we earn green spoons? Options
Robert Kane
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 5:23:36 PM

Neurons: 123,000
One of the things I am most grateful to the free dictionary for, is our ability to earn green spoons to feed hungry children. While it really is a lot of fun learning and playing all the different games they have, for me, the most important thing is my ability to help out hungry kids.

I have yet to figure out exactly how this system works. The only thing they tell us is that if we keep our learning at a high level, we will earn more green spoons. I have kept my brain level at 200% for the last 10 -14 days. At the same time, I have been playing more of the learning games for two hours or more each day, but still I am not getting any messages saying I have earned another green spoon. Has anyone been able to figure out specifically what it is we need to do to earn more of these green spoons?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Stephen Senter🇺🇸📰
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 2:44:09 AM

Neurons: 4,077,202
You doing everything right for the maximum amount of green spoon!
Seven spoons in 46 days is great! Keep on playing hangman and spelling practice
Robert Kane
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 8:52:58 AM

Neurons: 123,000
Thanks Stephen! This is why it’s always good to get someone else’s perspective on anything. I had not thought about it that way. So, I am actually averaging about a spoon a week. You’re right. I think I just need to be more patient with myself! Thanks for the suggestions as well. I appreciate it. Take care.
dolphj
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:55:41 AM

Neurons: 1,722,400
I too,used to regularly receive a green spoon for every approximately 10 000 words. This awarding stopped altogether about a month ago. Since then my total word count amounts to some 40 000 but suddenly the spoon jar seems to have run dry or has gone on strike. Please could someone cast some light on this matter. I would be most grateful.
lazarius
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 6:17:01 AM

Neurons: 1,642,912
dolphj wrote:
Since then my total word count amounts to some 40 000 but suddenly the spoon jar seems to have run dry or has gone on strike. Please could someone cast some light on this matter. I would be most grateful.

I haven't noticed any change - been awarded another one yesterday.
Different activities yield different numbers. Words within Words, for one, yields zilch. Something changed in the pattern of your activities exactly at that time and it shows on the last 30 days curve:

https://secure.thefreedictionary.com/user/dolphj

Probably you ceased doing something lucrative (in point of green spoons) and started this fruitless something.

-
BLU3 M0UNTA1N5
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 3:12:34 AM

Neurons: 46,681
Is 4 spoons in 2 years good enough? 🥄
lazarius
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 8:50:53 AM

Neurons: 1,642,912
BLU3 M0UNTA1N5 wrote:
Is 4 spoons in 2 years good enough?

If you are talking about yourself, then it's 4 spoons in less than 1 year. You got your first bronze badge on 7/20/2020 - that's when you read the first article on TFD.

On the Russian list there is a guy that gets one spoon in a week on average:

https://secure.thefreedictionary.com/user/Pandion_haliaetus

He got his first bronze badge on 6/12/2018. That was for Grammar Quiz and since then Grammar Quiz is his favourite digression.

-