mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
effective in Options
Carmenex
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:08:23 AM

Neurons: 6,372
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
Thank you for your letter and for appreciating my recommendations (on the opportunity for)/(suggesting that) X Inc. to prioritize its expansion in the T market. I have carefully/thoroughly analysed/examined your proposed pricing strategy (which consists of/involves?) setting extremely low initial prices and, once the target adoption rate has been achieved, the organisation would then look (a possible synonym?) to increase prices. My thoughts are that I agree with you that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in breaking into the new market. However, I do believe that, in the long run, your suggested strategy needs/(will need) some adjustments.
Indeed, pricing strategy based on very low up-front initial entry prices will enable the organisation to increase market share and sales volume, and build a customer base. I believe that, initially (a possible synonym?), such a strategy would be the most tailored to a large-consumer product such as Z, in particular in [country's name].
However, in the long run, this strategy is not sustainable, and, as you correctly noticed, it will pose a need for the organisation to increase pricing. The right approach to (doing) that is/should be/derive by appropriately combining the following strategies.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:56:39 AM

Neurons: 75,132
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
My suggestions retaining as much of your original wording as possible.

Thank you for your letter and for appreciating my recommendations suggesting that X Inc. prioritize its expansion in the T market. I have analysed your proposed pricing strategy of setting extremely low initial prices and, once the target adoption rate has been achieved, then slowly increasing prices. My thoughts are that I agree with you that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in breaking into the new market. However, I do believe that, in the long run, your suggested strategy will need some adjustments.

Indeed, pricing strategy based on very low up-front initial entry prices will enable the organisation to increase market share and sales volume, and build a customer base. I believe that, initially, such a strategy would be best tailored to a large-consumer product such as Z, in particular in [country's name].

However, in the long run, this strategy is not sustainable, and, as you correctly noticed, it will pose a need for the organisation to increase pricing. The right approach to doing that should be to appropriately combine the following strategies.

Carmenex
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:13:11 AM

FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:

Thank you for your letter and for appreciating my recommendations suggesting that X Inc. prioritize its expansion in the T market. I have analysed your proposed pricing strategy of setting extremely low initial prices and, once the target adoption rate has been achieved, then slowly increasing prices. My thoughts are that I agree with you that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in breaking into the new market. However, I do believe that, in the long run, your suggested strategy will need some adjustments.

Indeed, pricing strategy based on very low up-front initial entry prices will enable the organisation to increase market share and sales volume, and build a customer base. I believe that, initially, such a strategy would be best tailored to a large-consumer product such as Z, in particular in [country's name].

However, in the long run, this strategy is not sustainable, and, as you correctly noticed, it will pose a need for the organisation to increase pricing. The right approach to doing that should be to appropriately combine the following strategies.

Hi FounDit, and thank you for your precious advice. Just a couple of questions.
In the first sentence, why do you prefer ... recommendations suggesting that X Inc. prioritize ... to recommendations on the opportunity for X Inc. to prioritize ...?
In the third sentence, would it be more appropriate to say My thoughts are that I agree with you that ... or My thoughts are of agreeing/agreement with you that ...?
Could you think of a possible synonym of initially in:
I believe that, initially, such a strategy would be best tailored to a large-consumer product such as Z, in particular in [country's name].?

FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:22:42 AM

Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:

Hi FounDit, and thank you for your precious advice. Just a couple of questions.
In the first sentence, why do you prefer ... recommendations suggesting that X Inc. prioritize ... to recommendations on the opportunity for X Inc. to prioritize ...?
You were thanking them for appreciating your recommendations. This was personal, so I thought it more significant than the opportunity of X Inc. to increase its sales.

In the third sentence, would it be more appropriate to say My thoughts are that I agree with you that ... or My thoughts are of agreeing/agreement with you that ...?
Perhaps: "My thoughts are in agreement with yours..."

Could you think of a possible synonym of initially in:
I believe that, initially, such a strategy would be best tailored to a large-consumer product such as Z, in particular in [country's name].?
Any single word synonym seems overly formal and entirely unnecessary such as "incipient" or "inchoate", but perhaps: "at the outset", or "in the beginning".

Carmenex
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 9:05:21 AM

FounDit wrote:

Thank you, FounDit. In the latter of these two sentences, I meant to say that I believe that such as strategy would be (highly recommended for)/(best tailored to) a company operating in the business of a large-consumer product such as Z, and looking to expand in a country such as Y.
Could I please ask how you would phrase it?
Which is the most natural expression: My thoughts are that I agree with you that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in ... or My thoughts are in agreement with yours that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in ...?
FounDit
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 10:20:19 AM

Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:

Thank you, FounDit. In the latter of these two sentences, I meant to say that I believe that such as strategy would be (highly recommended for)/(best tailored to) a company operating in the business of a large-consumer product such as Z, and looking to expand in a country such as Y.
Which is the most natural expression: My thoughts are that I agree with you that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in ... or My thoughts are in agreement with yours that a strategy initially based on low prices will be effective in ...?

Both are good, but I'd go with the second one as it flows better in my opinion.
Carmenex
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:02:56 AM

FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:

Thank you, FounDit. In the latter of these two sentences, I meant to say that I believe that (such as)/this strategy would be (highly recommended for)/(best tailored to) a company operating in the business of a large-consumer product such as Z, and looking to expand in a country such as Y.
FounDit
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:58:40 AM

Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:

Thank you, FounDit. In the latter of these two sentences, I meant to say that I believe that (such as)/this strategy would be (highly recommended for)/(best tailored to) a company operating in the business of a large-consumer product such as Z, and looking to expand in a country such as Y.

Using all the elements you've provided, I'd simply rearrange them a bit and say something like:

I believe that such a strategy would be highly recommended, initially, for a company looking to expand in a country such as Y for such a large-consumer product as Z.
Carmenex
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 9:43:33 AM

FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:

Using all the elements you've provided, I'd simply rearrange them a bit and say something like:

I believe that such a strategy would be highly recommended, initially, for a company looking to expand in a country such as Y for such a large-consumer product as Z.

Thank you, FounDit. Can such a strategy be replaced with this strategy?
Do you not need a conjunction and in:
I believe that this strategy would be highly recommended, initially, for a company looking to expand in a country such as Y and(?) for such a large-consumer product as Z.?
FounDit
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021 10:33:12 AM

Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:

Thank you, FounDit. Can such a strategy be replaced with this strategy?
Yes, that works well, too.

Do you not need a conjunction and in:
I believe that this strategy would be highly recommended, initially, for a company looking to expand in a country such as Y and(?) for such a large-consumer product as Z.?
Yes, you can. In my sentence, the main idea is that the strategy is for expanding into country Y for a product like Z. The focus is on product Z as a means of expanding into the country.

In your sentence, the strategy is for expanding into a country like Y and for a product like Z, a double objective. So, yes, that works well, too.