mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Did Jesus really rise from the dead? Options
JessiWan
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 9:18:57 PM

Neurons: 64
I know that Jesus was a real person. He existed. However, there have been many things said about him that I personally highly doubt, and his resurrection is one of them.

I don't want to hear from Christians, nor do I want to hear from atheists, because I believe both of these groups are biased. I want to hear from real, legitimate non-Christian historian/s who think Jesus truly did rise from the dead.

Thanks.
Robert Kane
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2021 10:19:02 PM

Neurons: 57,328
You are making a lot of assumptions about people. Everyone is an individual. A “real, legitimate non-Christian historian” can be just as biased as anyone else. You are being biased yourself by dismissing a whole lot of people just because they belong to a certain group. In fact, I am a Christian and I don’t think that I am biased at all. I respect your thoughts about all of this, and your doubts about Jesus’ resurrection are completely understandable. The only thing I can say about it is that it really doesn’t matter who offers their opinion about this. Jesus’ resurrection is something that can never be proven. The same goes for anyone else. Some people believe in heaven, and believe that when they die, they will go there and be reunited with their loved ones. But how can anyone prove that? It is all a matter of faith. Either you believe that Jesus was resurrected or you don’t. You can’t prove that he was, just as much as you can’t prove that he wasn’t. I really don’t think it matters how many people respond to you here. It is your own personal decision. For the record, I do believe that Jesus was resurrected. But I believe that by faith. I can’t prove it either.
JessiWan
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:30:08 AM

Neurons: 64
I want to know that whether Jesus' resurrection was a historical event. It's the same as any other historical event, which can be proven. For example, did Caesar exit? Yes he did and it can be proven, because there are records written about him. Records that can be verified. And this is what I am seeking when it comes to Jesus' supposed resurrection. I mentioned I did not want to hear from Christians because to them it's not merely a historical event, to them it's about their faith. And I am not interested in faith. I want facts. And just to be very clear, what I said is not meant as an attack on your faith. I simply want to know, that's all.
Robert Kane
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2021 5:25:23 PM

Neurons: 57,328
Hi JessiWan. Please understand that I never felt that you were attacking my faith. My only point was that we are all different. All Christians do not think alike. The same for non-Christian historians. I understand what you are asking. This is a tough assignment. I have been researching and trying to find what you are looking for. I have read a lot of articles written by secular historians, but then the only proof they offer are references in the Bible. There are stories in the Bible that speak of people meeting Jesus after he died. But I don't think you want any references from the Bible, which I understand. The following is the best, most reliable information I have found so far. It is from an article I found online, written in 2012. I really hope this helps you find what you are looking for:

Perhaps the most famous of all Jewish Historians, Flavius Josephus, who was not a believer, wrote Jewish historical annals for the Roman Empire. He also wrote about Jesus Christ, including His widely testified life after death in the Antiquities of the Jews. Even the 19th century, world-renowned historian and professor at the distinguished Oxford University, Dr. Thomas Arnold wrote publicly that “I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is proved by better and fuller evidence of every sort, to the understanding of a fair inquirer…” than the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Look at this list of famous historians, including Roman ones, that risked their reputations and in some cases, their very lives, on reporting the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Pliny the Younger (62-114AD)
Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus (75-130AD)
Cornelius Tacitus (55-120AD)
Pontius Pilate’s wife’s written letter Recollections of the last occurrences from the Life of The Jesus Christ (she was known to believe that He was from God)
Publius Lentulus (ruler of Judea) wrote a letter to Roman emperor Tiberius (resides in a private library in England, found 1865 AD).
Pontius Pilate, Roman governor, wrote a report to Roman Caesar Tiberius in Jerusalem, 28.III 4147.year since creation)
Celsus (170 AD)
Lucian of Samoset (160 AD)
Tacitus (70 AD)
Others included Africanus, Origen, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger, and Eusebius of Caesarea, and even the Syrian philosopher, Mara Bar-Serapion.