mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
B!tchslap v slap Options
JessiWan
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 3:33:07 PM

Neurons: 64
Hello. I want to find out the exact difference between a bitch-slap and a "regular" slap.

The definition I have found online for bitch-slap says it's a slap that shows dominance or contempt for, or is meant to humiliate, the recipient. However, isn't this also what a regular slap is?

Please help me understand the difference.

Thanks.
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2021 5:00:49 AM

Neurons: 16,744
JessiWan wrote:
Hello. I want to find out the exact difference between a bitch-slap and a "regular" slap.

The definition I have found online for bitch-slap says it's a slap that shows dominance or contempt for, or is meant to humiliate, the recipient. However, isn't this also what a regular slap is?

Please help me understand the difference.

Thanks.

Firstly bitch-slap is informal and some people find it offensive so be careful when you use it.
A slap is a strike with the flat of a persons hand, it doesn’t automatically mean it’s to show contempt, a person could slap some one when they are simply fighting.
JessiWan
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2021 12:06:39 PM

Neurons: 64
Thanks for the admonition.

You mention that slap is striking someone with the flat of one's hand. So my new question is, what is the physical difference between bitch-slap and a regular slap? The way I understand bitch-slap, it is also striking someone with the flat of one's hand.

Thanks.
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2021 1:24:37 PM

Neurons: 16,744
JessiWan wrote:
Thanks for the admonition.

You mention that slap is striking someone with the flat of one's hand. So my new question is, what is the physical difference between bitch-slap and a regular slap? The way I understand bitch-slap, it is also striking someone with the flat of one's hand.

Thanks.

There isn’t much of a physical distinction between them in the action of the slap.
Normally a bitch-slap though would be performed by a larger or dominant person to a smaller or subordinate person. Some one like a pimp striking one of the prostitutes under his control. That’s one of the reasons many people think it’s a disrespectful term.