mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
The twentieth anniversary Options
Boris66
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 2:09:10 PM

Neurons: 2,329
Do my sentences sound natural?

On the twentieth anniversary of their marriage, Sara said, "Are we going out for a dinner?" She was doing the washing up.

Paul looked up from his newspaper, his face tired and drawn. "I'm afraid I can't."

"You can't, or won't? She exclaimed. She turned off the water tap, and turned and faced him.

"I'm not well. There's something wrong with my bladder. I have to go to the toilet and pee often. I have to strain. I get pain in my urethra."

"But you didn't complain this morning before going to work?"

"No. Everything was fine. I started to feel it after lunch."

"You sure, you didn't have sex with someone? Got some infection?"

"Don't be silly. Who'd I have sex with? My colleagues?"

"I don't know," she said. "Men have always been polygamous." Her plane face was flushed, and Paul knew she was boiling inside, but put on an indifference. She had a new haircut which made her look older, but he'd never dare to mention it because she'd get furious, and they'd have one of their rows, which could go on for hours.

"You know how much I was looking forward to this evening. I even bought a new dress. Twenty years together is not mean feat when you see people around you divorcing as if on a conveyor belt."

"What do you want me to do?" He folded the newspaper and tossed it aside. "Do you want me to sit in a restaurant and go to the gents every five minutes?"

"I don't want anything from you. We don't go out so often, and I thought we would at least spend a nice evening together at some cosy place, and enjoy some good food."

"Do you really believe I'm faking it. I'm a liar? I don't understand your logic."

"Maybe it's my female intuition that says to me something is not as it should be."

"Your intuition is wrong. My feelings for you didn't change a bit. My love is still as strong as it was on the first day I met you. There's no another woman in my life. And you know all that pretty well, so stop inventing stories."

"Fine," Sarah said. "I'm going to cook some pasta. We'll drink a couple of bottles of wine, and then as a grand finale, we'll watch Titanic on DVD."

"Do as you please." Paul jumped from the chair and ran to the toilet.
FounDit
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:06:27 PM

Neurons: 74,672
Boris66 wrote:
Do my sentences sound natural?

On the twentieth anniversary of their marriage, Sara said, "Are we going out for a dinner?" She was doing the washing up.

Paul looked up from his newspaper, his face tired and drawn. "I'm afraid I can't."

"You can't, or won't? She exclaimed. She turned off the water tap, and turned and faced him.

"I'm not well. There's something wrong with my bladder. I have to go to the toilet and pee often. I have to strain. I get pain in my urethra."

"But you didn't complain this morning before going to work?"

"No. Everything was fine. I started to feel it after lunch."

"You sure, you didn't have sex with someone? Got some infection?"

"Don't be silly. Who'd I have sex with? My colleagues?"

"I don't know," she said. "Men have always been polygamous." Her plane face was flushed, and Paul knew she was boiling inside, but put on an attitude of indifference. She had a new haircut which made her look older, but he'd never dare to mention it because she'd get furious, and they'd have one of their rows, which could go on for hours.

"You know how much I was looking forward to this evening. I even bought a new dress. Twenty years together is not a mean feat when you see people around you marrying and divorcing as if relationships were on a conveyor belt."

"What do you want me to do?" He folded the newspaper and tossed it aside. "Do you want me to sit in a restaurant and go to the gents every five minutes?"

"I don't want anything from you. We don't go out so often, and I thought we would at least spend a nice evening together at some cosy place, and enjoy some good food."

"Do you really believe I'm faking it. I'm a liar? I don't understand your logic."

"Maybe it's my female intuition that says to me something is not as it should be."

"Your intuition is wrong. My feelings for you haven't changed a bit. My love is still as strong as it was on the first day I met you. There's no another woman in my life. And you know all that pretty well, so stop inventing stories."

"Fine," Sarah said. "I'm going to cook some pasta. We'll drink a couple of bottles of wine, and then as a grand finale, we'll watch Titanic on DVD."

"Do as you please." Paul jumped from his chair and ran to the toilet.
Boris66
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:22:21 PM

Neurons: 2,329
Thank you very much for your corrections.