mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
slightly large on the normal side Options
Ivan Fadeev
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 3:07:34 AM

Neurons: 15,465
I have two questions about this sentence.

And he said he had looked at it and all he could see is that my heart slightly large on the normal
side.

1) Why not "And he said he had looked at it and all he could see is that my heart WAS slightly large on the normal side"?
2) What does "slightly large on the normal side" mean? "Slightly large compared with the normal side?
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:57:45 AM

Neurons: 1,301,825
The sentence is missing a couple of words. I would word it like this, in order to keep your sentence as close as possible to the original wording.
Plus, I am taking the position that this involves a cardiologist and your heart. Providing some context with your questions would be very helpful in the future.

"And he said he had looked at it and all he could see is that my heart is slightly large but on the normal side."

Understanding that the size of the normal human heart is not a fixed size; there is not only one size of heart; some normal hearts are a bit smaller, some a bit larger, but they are all normal. The sentence says that your heart is of normal size, but it is one of the larger hearts within the range that is considered normal -- it's "on the larger size of normal", but it is still normal.