mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
slip Options
Fir Wa
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 11:14:31 AM

Neurons: 2,513
The reference: {enclosure no. 1 in Proceedings no. 70, S (secret) E (External), Feb. 1919, nos. 4-100. (slip B)}.

what slip means here?

thanks in advance.
FounDit
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 11:32:45 AM

Neurons: 75,455
Fir Wa wrote:
The reference: {enclosure no. 1 in Proceedings no. 70, S (secret) E (External), Feb. 1919, nos. 4-100. (slip B)}.

what slip means here?

thanks in advance.

It's just a guess on my part, but when we speak of a "slip" like this one, it usually refers to a piece of paper - a "slip" of paper. So it seems that there is more than one "slip" of paper, and this one is (slip B), indicating there is a (slip A) and perhaps more.
Fir Wa
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 11:39:11 AM

thank you.

Yes, I realise that it means a paper or piece of paper, but what I need to know if it is a document in itself or a piece of paper for classification( as in a alphabetical classified book, etc.) within the file or record.
regards
FounDit
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 12:59:59 PM

Neurons: 75,455
Fir Wa wrote:
thank you.

Yes, I realise that it means a paper or piece of paper, but what I need to know if it is a document in itself or a piece of paper for classification( as in a alphabetical classified book, etc.) within the file or record.
regards

Ah, okay. Well, again, I'm just guessing, but by what is written (The reference:) and using a colon, I would suspect that this "reference" is on slip B.
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 2:06:17 PM

Neurons: 1,311,736
Fir Wa, your question really is for the people who maintain that documentation, regarding how they store their records and the labels they have given them. It really isn't an English-language question.
IMO
Fir Wa
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 2:41:12 AM

FounDit wrote:
Fir Wa wrote:
thank you.

regards

Ah, okay. Well, again, I'm just guessing, but by what is written (The reference:) and using a colon, I would suspect that this "reference" is on slip B.

the reference here is not mentioned in the text I put it to say that this in the text of the reference..