mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Pope John Paul I (1912) Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 95,541
Pope John Paul I (1912)

Born Albino Luciani, Pope John Paul I was the first pope to choose a double name, a moniker that honored his two immediate predecessors, Pope John XXIII and Pope Paul VI. Refusing to have the centuries-old traditional papal coronation, he instead opted for a simplified ceremony. His 33-day papacy was one of the shortest reigns in papal history, resulting in the most recent "Year of Three Popes." Several conspiracy theories surround his death. In what position was his body found? More...
Ashwin Vemuri
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020 12:03:32 AM

Neurons: 451,715
Pope John Paul I (1912)

Born Albino Luciani, Pope John Paul I was the first pope to choose a double name, a moniker that honored his two immediate predecessors, Pope John XXIII and Pope Paul VI. Refusing to have the centuries-old traditional papal coronation, he instead opted for a simplified ceremony. His 33-day papacy was one of the shortest reigns in papal history, resulting in the most recent "Year of Three Popes." Several conspiracy theories surround his death. In what position was his body found? More...
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020 3:42:30 AM

Neurons: 1,122,041
John Paul I, Latin Johannes Paulus, original name Albino Luciani, (born October 17, 1912, Forno di Canale, Italy—died September 28, 1978, Rome), pope whose 33-day pontificate in 1978 was the shortest in modern times. He was the first pope to choose a double name and did so in commemoration of his two immediate predecessors, John XXIII and Paul VI. He was the first pope in centuries who refused to be crowned, opting instead for the simple pallium of an archbishop, and he was known affectionately as “the Smiling Pope” on account of the smile he often displayed in public.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/John-Paul-I
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020 3:44:40 AM

Neurons: 1,122,041
"It is not wrong to want to live better; what is wrong is a style of life which is presumed to be better when it is directed towards 'having' rather than 'being,' and which wants to have more, not in order to be more but in order to spend life in enjoyment as an end in itself."

Pope John Paul I