mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
B.B. King (1925) Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 94,704
B.B. King (1925)

A singer and guitarist born into a sharecropping family in the Mississippi Delta region of the US, King began playing guitar at 12. He worked as a radio DJ in Memphis before coming to prominence as a guitarist in 1952. He has toured widely, averaging over 300 shows a year for nearly 30 years. King famously named his guitar Lucille after a woman who inspired a fight at one of his concerts that ended with the venue burning down. King's first name is Riley. What does B.B. stand for? More...
taurine
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:00:13 AM

Neurons: 159,074
It is not the word, but the figure that appears on the medal: cuniculus may stand for a rabbit or a mine, but the picture of a rabbit is not the picture of a mine.

- Joseph Addison (1672—1719)
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:53:01 AM

Neurons: 1,058,220
B. B. King, who passed away at age 89 on 14 May 2015, was undoubtedly one of the towering figures not just of blues music but even more broadly of popular music in the 20th century. His story is the stuff of legends—from his sharecropping roots in Mississippi to his time as a DJ for WDIA in Memphis, from popularizing single-note electric guitar playing and soulful vocals on his singles for the R&B charts in the 1950s to moving into the pop charts with “The Thrill Is Gone” in 1969, becoming an international superstar and taking his Gibson Les Paul “Lucille” around the world on countless tours until the very end. Instead of simply adding to the deserved praise of King’s life and work, his many chart successes and accolades, I want to focus on what King himself might have called “paying the cost to be the boss.” Drawing on a chapter from my 2010 book Blues Music in the Sixties, I want to highlight how King’s crossover success, while transcending “race” in some ways, is also deeply entangled in problematic conceptions of “black” and “white.”

https://www.tandfonline.com/
Ashwin Vemuri
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:05:06 AM

Neurons: 379,050
B.B. King (1925)

A singer and guitarist born into a sharecropping family in the Mississippi Delta region of the US, King began playing guitar at 12. He worked as a radio DJ in Memphis before coming to prominence as a guitarist in 1952. He has toured widely, averaging over 300 shows a year for nearly 30 years. King famously named his guitar Lucille after a woman who inspired a fight at one of his concerts that ended with the venue burning down. King's first name is Riley. What does B.B. stand for? More...
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:12:32 AM

Neurons: 1,198,187
Time to update the articles presented here. Someone should at least be reviewing the content to see if it still accurate.

B. B. King is no longer with us.
Date of death: May 14, 2015
Place of death: Las Vegas, NV