mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Lucille Désirée Ball (1911) Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 94,677
Lucille Désirée Ball (1911)

Ball was the star of the tremendously popular 1950s television show I Love Lucy. Prior to her superstardom, Ball appeared in many B-movies, earning the nickname "Queen of the B's." With her rasping voice and a comic persona alternately brassy and feminine, she became the preeminent female star of the early decades of television. She and costar Desi Arnaz, married in real life and on I Love Lucy, divorced after the show ended. In what other shows and films did Ball appear? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:40:16 AM

Neurons: 4,360,408
ok
Ashwin Vemuri
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 4:18:11 AM

Neurons: 377,065
Lucille Désirée Ball (1911)

Ball was the star of the tremendously popular 1950s television show I Love Lucy. Prior to her superstardom, Ball appeared in many B-movies, earning the nickname "Queen of the B's." With her rasping voice and a comic persona alternately brassy and feminine, she became the preeminent female star of the early decades of television. She and costar Desi Arnaz, married in real life and on I Love Lucy, divorced after the show ended. In what other shows and films did Ball appear? More...
Cest moi Aussi
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:56:17 AM

Neurons: 580,314
Her influence went beyond comedy, IMO. She gave Gene Roddenberry his chance in the production of the Star Trek (original series.) She helped to bring science fiction from the comic books and the pulp fiction books of the time to average person's TV screen. This was during the lunar missions at NASA and helped to name one of the space shuttles Enterprise. (Too bad it didn't fly with the others but I believe it might be at the Smithsonian Institute.) I love Lucy!
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:27:25 PM

Neurons: 1,054,422
Lucille (Ball) Morton was born August 6, 1911 in Jamestown, New York, to Henry Durrell Ball and Désirée "DeDe" (Hunt) Ball.

She was best known as the star of the self produced sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy and Life with Lucy. She was an Actress, comedian, model, singer, film studio executive, and TV producer. She became the first woman to run a major television studio, Desilu Productions, in 1963.

She starred in I Love Lucy with her real-life husband Desi Arnaz, and actors Vivian Vance and William Frawley.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ball-3
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:29:27 PM

Neurons: 1,054,422

“One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

LUCILLE DESIREE BALL
Ajike Omooba
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:58:56 PM

Neurons: 281,646
Ball had one of Hollywood's longest careers,[3] especially on television. Her film career spanned the 1930s and 1940s, and she became a television star during the 1950s. She continued making films in the 1960s and 1970s. In 1962, Ball became the first woman to run a major television studio, Desilu, which produced many successful and popular television series.