The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

little donny's environmental terrorism Options
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 10:22:27 PM

Neurons: 1,359,810
Donald Jackass Trump has once again proven himself to be a complete jackass.

His corrupted EPA, filled with industry cronies, has approved the Pebble Mine project in Alaska's Bristol Bay wilderness. This will be a massive open pit gold mine which will threaten the existence of one of Alaska's largest salmon fisheries. He is trading an environmental resource with an incalculable multi-generational value for a few gold trinkets and temporary profits. The Pebble Mine will irreversibly scar and poison the land and water turning a pristine wilderness into a toxic wasteland. little donny, in his incompetence and corruption, is nothing less than an environmental terrorist!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-clears-way-for-alaskas-pebble-mine-despite-fears-it-could-imperil-a-salmon-fishery/ar-BB17a11J

"Pebble Mine, which would become an open pit the size of 460 football fields at the headwaters of Bristol Bay, has long been opposed by environmentalists and the commercial fishing industry."

"In a scientific review conducted under the Obama administration, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency found that the mine could result in "significant and unacceptable adverse effects" on fishery areas and ecologically important streams, wetlands, lakes and ponds.

Under the current proposal, development of the mine would destroy more than 2,000 acres of wetlands and more than 100 miles of streams.

Tailings from the mine would be heaped across 2,800 acres behind dams extending more than 10 miles. In a region that averages 50 inches of rain a year, the challenge would be to ensure that tainted water never reached Bristol Bay."