mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
I don't want your pennies not your two cents. Options
ChillinDrina
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 12:36:23 PM

Neurons: 9,609
However, I'll share with, you all, my thoughts. Only because it has been bothering me for the longest, and I've come to a point in my life where I don't know what to believe. Both religious and political leaders have lied to the world. We have a group of men who take a vow to be celebate, yet they are willing to accept those who are gay? Then we have our history that has been taught to us, and it turns out it is a lie.

Which brings me to space. I don't think, humans are capable of going into space. I think the pictures that they show are fake. I feel that we don't really know what space looks like. Besides that, Earth has layers, that I am sure we all were taught in school about. There is the asthenosphere, the lithosphere, the pedosphere, the biosphere, the hydrosphere, the atmosphere, the troposphere, the stratosphere, the menosphere, the ionosphere, the thermosphere, and the exosphere. Each layer is like an obstacle to penetrate and get through. So no, humans are not capable of going to space. Besides if they do make holes into those layers, space would only suck us right out. Now there is your black hole.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to comment or not...
FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:44:22 PM

Neurons: 74,672
ChillinDrina wrote:
However, I'll share with, you all, my thoughts. Only because it has been bothering me for the longest, and I've come to a point in my life where I don't know what to believe. Both religious and political leaders have lied to the world. We have a group of men who take a vow to be celebate, yet they are willing to accept those who are gay? Then we have our history that has been taught to us, and it turns out it is a lie.

Just curious why you think the history we've been taught is a lie. Unless you are 115 years old, I'm fairly certain there are people older than you who remember actual events that have happened and have been recorded for history. So do you believe that everyone who has ever lived has lied about their experiences?

Which brings me to space. I don't think, humans are capable of going into space. I think the pictures that they show are fake. I feel that we don't really know what space looks like. Besides that, Earth has layers, that I am sure we all were taught in school about. There is the asthenosphere, the lithosphere, the pedosphere, the biosphere, the hydrosphere, the atmosphere, the troposphere, the stratosphere, the menosphere, the ionosphere, the thermosphere, and the exosphere. Each layer is like an obstacle to penetrate and get through. So no, humans are not capable of going to space. Besides if they do make holes into those layers, space would only suck us right out. Now there is your black hole.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to comment or not...

Well, one thing I wonder about on this subject is what you believe happens when a bird or a jet lifts off and flies through the atmosphere. Do they leave a hole or a tunnel wherever they go? If not, why not? Or is it only rockets that leave holes in the atmosphere?
Epiphileon
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:36:27 AM

Neurons: 167,374
Good Morning ChillinDrina, (well at least it is at this time),

I cannot shake a feeling of incredulity upon reading your post. If you are serious I have s number of problems with your reasoning but will mention just two.

Have you considered gravity? The atmosphere is held to the planet by gravitational force. Also, gases obey the laws of fluid dynamics so there is not punching holes in a body of fluid or gas. Do submarines leave tunnels in the ocean?

Have you considered the existence of volcanoes? It would seem by your reasoning that the Earth should be hollow and lack a molten core as all that magma would have flowed to the surface through the numerous holes in the crust from volcanic activity.

Oh and one more thing space doesn't look like anything, what we observe are objects in space so I have to wonder what it is you think we are seeing in the night sky.

(ETA) Oh and that's about $80.00 worth at a rough average of per word compensation for freelance writing.Dancing
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 10:11:33 AM

Neurons: 57,307
Hello ChillinDrina,

What exactly has been bothering you? Is it the conflict of science vs religion?

Yes it is deplorable that certain religious men molest children but it is not that they are gay. It is that some, both gay and straight, are perverts and the church turns a blind eye to their activities.

But the church is man made and does not prove there are gods.

As for your beliefs in science, may I suggest some studies in astronomy?

https://www.edx.org/learn/astronomy
thar
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 11:12:42 AM

Neurons: 97,371
The study of history is the study of taking all the evidence about the past - physical objects, bones, documents, records and stories - and working through them carefully to get at what is most likely to be the truth.

Too many people think history is a set of known facts, not a process of evaluation. For many people around the
world, the people telling them those facts - parents, teachers, religious leaders, ethnic leaders - tell the story that fits their desires or beliefs. That is not history, it is propaganda.
Real 'history' is asking questions like-
who is telling me this?
How do we know this?
What about some alternative viewpoints?

That is why people still study history, and why the history we are taught changes sometimes - the better we analyse all that evidence, the closer to the truth we are getting.

Yes, the atmosphere changes as you go up. It is convenient to label different heights as different layers, but there are no boundaries.
Gas particles, like people and rockets, are held close to the Earth by gravity. The Moon has less gravity so all its gas particles drifted away.
Things can move away, despite Earth's gravity, if they are moving fast enough or if they are light enough.
Rockets escape the Earth by going as fast as possible, but gas particles escape the Earth if they are very light.

Helium gas is very light, and it gradually drifts off into space. So does hydrogen, but we can always make more hydrogen from water. We can't make more helium.
That is why it is a really bad idea to use it in helium balloons - eventually the balloon bursts and the gas drifts off into space. It is lost to us forever. We need helium for medical equipment like MRI machines. If people keep filling balloons with it, there will be a dangerous shortage soon!

So next time you see a helium balloon used as a decoration, remember that anything can leave the Earth if it is fast enough or light enough. All it has to overcome is the pull of gravity.