mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Lily Festival (Festa dei Giglio) Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 95,406
Lily Festival (Festa dei Giglio)

The week-long Lily Festival in Nola, Napoli, Italy, honors San Paolino (St. Paulinus), the town's patron saint, with eight giant sticks covered in lilies. Over the years the lily sticks (gigli in Italian) grew longer and more ornate; today they are from 75 feet to nearly 100 feet high. After a traditional blessing is given, the crowd throws flowers into the air and begins a costumed procession that meanders through the narrow streets of the town, led by a boat carrying a statue of San Paolino and featuring the eight huge gigli, each of which is surrounded by its own symphony orchestra. More...
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:14:17 AM

Neurons: 4,389,776
“But to mean it when I say that I want my life to count for His glory is to drive a stake through the heart of self - a painful and determined dying to me that must be a part of every day I live.”
― Louie Giglio
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:14:18 AM

Neurons: 4,389,776
“But to mean it when I say that I want my life to count for His glory is to drive a stake through the heart of self - a painful and determined dying to me that must be a part of every day I live.”
― Louie Giglio
Ashwin Vemuri
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 3:28:28 AM

Neurons: 437,815
Ok
Sanjid Jakariya
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 10:18:23 AM

Neurons: 5,950
n a small town in the south of Italy lives a big tradition. The town of Nola is known throughout Italy for its amazing Lily Festival held every year in late June. The highlight of the festival is carrying large Gigli throughout the town on the day of the festival. Gigli are large wooden obelisks measuring twenty-five meters high. The Gigli are shaped as intricate lilies in commemoration of the festival.
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:01:29 AM

Neurons: 1,111,742
In a small town in the south of Italy lives a big tradition. The town of Nola is known throughout Italy for its amazing Lily Festival held every year in late June. The highlight of the festival is carrying large Gigli throughout the town on the day of the festival. Gigli are large wooden obelisks measuring twenty-five meters high. The Gigli are shaped as intricate lilies in commemoration of the festival.

http://www.crossingitaly.net/