The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

YouTube is censoring videos that contradict the advice of the World Health Organization Options
rmberwin
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 5:35:00 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/30/2012
Posts: 113
Neurons: 844
YouTube has removed videos, including an interview with the Irish immunologist Dr. Dolores Cahill, for violating their terms of service: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52388586

However, at least one interview with her is still up: https://youtu.be/czjAebDKsEw She claims that wearing a mask is useless, because the coronavirus is not airborne.

Granted that her position is controversial, I find YouTube's policy paternalistic and troubling. There should not be gatekeepers for the truth.

Bedells
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:20:17 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/14/2015
Posts: 3,293
Neurons: 617,099
Actually, their behaviour is considered a betrayal of their own founding principles. It seems that 'youtubers' should either go with the flow or get silenced.

At this time, to be honest, I don't know what to believe about covid-19 anymore Think
whatson
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:45:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/19/2016
Posts: 473
Neurons: 3,744
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
*
There's plenty of drivel documented on the tube that
the orange clown has spewed in his megalomaniacal
insanity, for his brainless flock to watch at bedtime.

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:15:46 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 9,260
Neurons: 52,975
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
whatson wrote:
*
There's plenty of drivel documented on the tube that
the orange clown has spewed in his megalomaniacal
insanity, for his brainless flock to watch at bedtime.



Applause Applause Applause

And his tweets on Twitter too.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:11:13 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/23/2015
Posts: 9,260
Neurons: 52,975
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
rmberwin wrote: “There should not be gate keepers for the truth.”

What does this mean?

What management is doing is trying to protect the truth. The gate keeping is to keep out the lies and misinformation. This virus is definitely airborne and very communicable.
Ken White
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:57:21 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 2/21/2016
Posts: 6
Neurons: 124,154
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
rmberwin wrote:
YouTube has removed videos, including an interview with the Irish immunologist Dr. Dolores Cahill, for violating their terms of service: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52388586

However, at least one interview with her is still up: https://youtu.be/czjAebDKsEw She claims that wearing a mask is useless, because the coronavirus is not airborne.

Granted that her position is controversial, I find YouTube's policy paternalistic and troubling. There should not be gatekeepers for the truth.

Ken White
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:25:21 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 2/21/2016
Posts: 6
Neurons: 124,154
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
YouTube is removing whatever it wants; it is censoring its posts, the same as Facebook is. "The gate keeping is to keep out the lies and misinformation..." How do we know who is telling lies and if the information really is misinformation? The purpose of having open free debate is to find the truth, not be told it by someone else. If something is being censored or withdrawn, ask your self why? Why are we being told not to say we what we feel? It is so easy to hide behind 'Fake News' and 'Misinformation' Do some research into who is behind all this (vaccine funding, the World Health Organisation) you'll find the same name crops up again and again - we are being controlled and monitored by the super-rich and this 'virus' is the thin-end of the wedge. There is one man who owns the world - he's everywhere and he's nowhere; dig and research and you'll find him (but, you probably know who he is already, right?) - we should all be worried. Question everything.
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:02:05 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/4/2016
Posts: 1,025
Neurons: 5,057
Location: Moscow, Moscow, Russia
rmberwin wrote:
There should not be gatekeepers for the truth.



I agree with you, but unfortunately this whole artificial "coronavirus crisis" is a rather decisive move to push the world in the opposite direction. So censoring voices that contradict the party line shouldn't come as a surprise.
rmberwin
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:18:21 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/30/2012
Posts: 113
Neurons: 844
Hope123 wrote:

“There should not be gate keepers for the truth.”

What does this mean?

What management is doing is trying to protect the truth. The gate keeping is to keep out the lies and misinformation. This virus is definitely airborne and very communicable.


But scientific knowledge is always evolving. Gate-keeping is untenable and a slippery slope toward censorship for nefarious reasons.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.