The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Mary Flannery O'Connor (1925) Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 90,096
Mary Flannery O'Connor (1925)

O'Conner was an American writer, considered a master of the short story form and the Southern Gothic style. In stories that reflect her strong Catholic faith, her often grotesque characters are placed in extreme situations that impel them toward redemption. O'Conner spent most of her life on her mother's farm in Georgia, where she died of lupus at the age of 39. When she was just six years old, she became a minor celebrity for teaching a chicken to do what? More...
thar
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:55:37 AM

Neurons: 87,554
Come on, a least choose a name and stick with it for two seconds!
Fneto
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:30:24 AM

Neurons: 375,637
Mary Flannery O'Connor (1925)
O'Conner was an American writer, considered a master of the short story form and the Southern Gothic style. In stories that reflect her strong Catholic faith, her often grotesque characters are placed in extreme situations that impel them toward redemption. O'Conner spent most of her life on her mother's farm in Georgia, where she died of lupus at the age of 39. When she was just six years old, she became a minor celebrity for teaching a chicken to do what?
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:43:19 AM

Neurons: 1,025,991

O'Conner was an American writer, considered a master of the short story form and the Southern Gothic style. In stories that reflect her strong Catholic faith, her often grotesque characters are placed in extreme situations that impel them toward redemption. O'Conner spent most of her life on her mother's farm in Georgia, where she died of lupus at the age of 39.
Marek Guman
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:52:40 PM

Neurons: 1,918,100
She said: "When I was six I had a chicken that walked backward and was in the Pathé News. I was in it too with the chicken. I was just there to assist the chicken but it was the high point in my life. Everything since has been an anticlimax."

I can feel her, the memories from childhood often strongly define adulthood.

jonhgaarg
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:52:11 PM

Neurons: 20
Happy Birthday! She is a one of my favorite writes. I love her books, especially "A good man is hard to find"
jonhgaarg
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 7:59:30 AM

Neurons: 20
jonhgaarg wrote:
Happy Birthday! She is a one of my favorite writes. I love her books, especially "A good man is hard to find"

I’m a little ashamed to admit it, but once I was asked an essay on literature on this book, but I didn’t even read it and found ready-made examples of work , after which I blinded my essay. I think that now I would write something completely different, since completely different thoughts.