mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
allocable Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/7/2009
Posts: 31,465
Neurons: 93,573
Location: Inside Farlex computers
allocable

(adjective) Capable of being distributed.

Synonyms: apportionable

Usage: Although our department's budget was increased this year, only a small portion of the funds are allocable to travel expenses.
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 2:27:36 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/28/2015
Posts: 11,365
Neurons: 4,274,928
Location: Kolkata, Bengal, India
Word of the Day
?
allocable
Definition: (adjective) Capable of being distributed.
Synonyms: apportionable
Usage: Although our department's budget was increased this year, only a small portion of the funds are allocable to travel expenses.
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 2:29:29 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/28/2015
Posts: 11,365
Neurons: 4,274,928
Location: Kolkata, Bengal, India
Word of the Day
?
allocable
Definition: (adjective) Capable of being distributed.
Synonyms: apportionable
Usage: Although our department's budget was increased this year, only a small portion of the funds are allocable to travel expenses.
taurine
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 6:03:20 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/20/2016
Posts: 2,511
Neurons: 158,119
Location: South Dublin, Ireland
It was agreed between the parties that 35% of the hotel should be treated as allocable exclusively to the Taxpayers' hotel business and the remaining 65% should be allocable to the Taxpayers' use as a private residence.
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 6:54:02 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/1/2017
Posts: 5,081
Neurons: 991,168
Location: Casablanca, Grand Casablanca, Morocco
Allocate: verb



allocated; allocating

Definition of allocate
Transitive verb

1: to apportion for a specific purpose or to particular persons or things : DISTRIBUTE
allocate tasks among human and automated components


2: to set apart or earmark : DESIGNATE
allocate a section of the building for special research purposes
Other Words from allocate


Synonyms:


allocatable
allocation
allocator


allot, allow, apportion, assign, distribute, lot, ration

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/allocate


Emel Rapchan
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 11:26:11 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/26/2017
Posts: 1,913
Neurons: 653,711
Location: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
monamagda
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 2:58:48 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 2/4/2014
Posts: 8,009
Neurons: 6,402,033
Location: Bogotá, Bogota D.C., Colombia


[image not available]
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:11:41 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2015
Posts: 4,851
Neurons: 1,144,194
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Definition: (adjective) Capable of being distributed.
Synonyms: apportionable
Usage: Although our department's budget was increased this year, only a small portion of the funds are allocable to travel expenses.


Does anyone ever use this word?
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.