The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

is the sentence 'as a good fit' is write here?? Options
danyaaa
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 9:57:09 AM

Neurons: 65
I very much hope that you will find me as a good fit for your department. Thank you for your consideration and all the best wishes.

is the sentence 'as a good fit' is write here??
FounDit
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 10:30:18 AM

Neurons: 65,575
danyaaa wrote:
I very much hope that you will find me as a good fit for your department. Thank you for your consideration and all the best wishes.

is the sentence 'as a good fit' is write here??

You have used it correctly. "A good fit" is a phrase that means someone has the right characteristics, or qualifications, for the job in your sentence. However, it is very informal, and may not be a good phrase to use for a job application. For that, it might be better to say, "I hope you will find me to be a good/qualified/valuable/excellent candidate for your department". Choose the word you like best.
Romany
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 3:55:02 PM

Neurons: 54,679
Danyaaa,

The idiom is "a good fit". "as" doesn't precede it.

"I very much hope you will find me a good fit for your department." However, one uses stronger language in job-related correspondence: one has to sound confident, and determined." "I will", "I am determined to be", are much better than "I hope" or "I wish" .

But why are you so sure? Well, because, in terms of your CV this job is perfect for a person of your experience/talent/skills. So:

"In light of my CV I am sure I would be a good fit in your department."
"After reading/perusing my qualifications I'm sure you'll agree that I would be a good fit in your department."

As to using the phrase "a good fit" - I don't find it too informal for a job application: because it's Business Jargon...and businesses are those who use it.

It's just that, although it's a good phrase, there are much better ways to finish off an application.
L.Rai
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 6:16:53 PM

Neurons: 1,631,780
Danyaaa

One more thing, you wrote: is write here, but I believe you meant right...not the same word meaning but the same sound.

Write is what we do when we want to say something but instead of using words we speak we put them down on paper. We write them

Right means to be correct.

Just wanted to point that out.
danyaaa
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2020 11:03:21 AM

Neurons: 65
Thank you guys so much