mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
pokey Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 93,573
pokey

(noun) A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).

Synonyms: jail, slammer, clink

Usage: The burglar was caught red-handed and thrown in the pokey.
KSPavan
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:15:16 AM

Neurons: 4,274,928
Word of the Day
?
pokey
Definition: (noun) A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
taurine
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 4:31:18 AM

Neurons: 158,119
This word sometimes can indicate either a harm done to the child or can be suggesting, as bringing out deliberately to identify an interest in child sex abuse, I think so.
In the judgment of Justice William Young in R V Borley CA121/05 [2005] New Zealand Court of Appeal 405 (12 December 2005), the evidence was given by P who, by the time of the trial she was four years and four months old. She was unclear as to what was inserted into her mouth. There were questions and answers, especially:
Q: When you say the pokey out thing do you have any other name for that?
A. Pokey out thing.
Q. Right do you know any other names for what a pokey out thing is?
A. AA finger.

I am struggling with the understanding of a reason behind, as justifying calling certain free online games as pokey games. In this instance, there is another judgment, actually ruling of the Chairman New Zealand Advertising Standards Authority, namely, GrandReef.tv Television Advertisement - Chairman's Ruling [2011] NZASA 639 (7 November 2011). The tv/online free pokey games are advertised as the ultimate free online gaming experience. I know, that spinning wheels on screen can cause subconscious reaction in the brain of the person watching them for a prolonged time.
I know that poker machine dialling sequence can be stopped by the use of a finger.
I know that spinning cards with their graphics can subconsciously bring in the mind of a person with limited intellectual capabilities recollection of playing as a child.
I do not know why poker machine graphics are advertised in juxtaposition with the word pokey, anywhere, close to them.
Making adults with limited intellectual recognition of their behaviour, after alcohol or narcotics intake, prone to suggestive connotations where the game is not actually the game at all, is not good.
Adyl Mouhei
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 5:35:34 AM

Neurons: 991,168
Pokey

Prison.
"25 years in the pokey"

Emel Rapchan
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 8:34:50 AM

Neurons: 653,711
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:29:31 PM

Neurons: 1,144,194

pokey
Definition: (noun) A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).