The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Premkant Baghel. Rememer the Name. Options
Romany
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:47:31 PM

Neurons: 54,692

That was how the Twitter message came through and, after I'd read about him I thought perhaps a few more people should learn about him.

Ghandi couldn't change it - but perhaps ordinary people will find a way to stop the violence and bloodshed which has existed for so long between Hindu and Muslim in India? Perhaps more people will be inspired by this man's simple humanity.

In the midst of the violence in Delhi, a Hindu man Premkant Baghel, ran into the burning home of his Muslim neighbours and brought all six of them out into safety - sustaining massive burns himself.

Premkant Baghel's name is all over the Internet right now, but here's one of the links - and there's quite a few on YouTube.

https://bit.ly/2VJ0zmg

So, whatever one's race, or politics or religion, I think it's always always good to know the names of the true heroes and heroines in the world.

(In earlier reports there were also the names of two Sikhs, who also saved people from burning - but since then I haven't seen them again, so don't know if that was an unsubstantiated claim or not.)
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 11:49:00 PM

Neurons: 86,015
True Romany. There are good and bad persons in the world. Mr. Baghel did a nice job. Good citizens outnumber.

Politicians grind their own axe. The goons were brought into Delhi to create blood-shed at the time when Trump was visiting the country.

BTW, Ghandi? Are you referring to Mahatma Gandhi?
srirr
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 12:16:23 AM

Neurons: 484,288
Thanks Romany for sharing this. There have been many examples of brotherhood and unity. In the recent riots in Delhi, many people from all religions have shown that they are humans first. Some got themselves featured in news. Praises to them and all other unsung heroes! And I pray this harmony spreads and remains forever. Pray

As Ashwin says, it was an organized event to satiate the political greed of some politicians. The wounds they have given will not heal easily. A few people's selfishness hits the whole of society. Shame on you In fact, they are still playing their games.