The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Give Time the Slip, Sometime. Options
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:10:47 AM

Neurons: 86,166
Once a day one should take a break from all the rush. Give oneself a few minutes of relaxation and become a bit calmer, pay attention to the beautiful little things that surround and which remain usually unnoticed. Follow natural curiosity and release the inner explorer. Just a few minutes.
Think Think Think

FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:16:50 PM

Neurons: 66,996
I've made a habit of doing that as many times a day as I can. It calms the mind and creates a peaceful state. A very nice way to live life.
hedy mmm
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:24:58 PM

Neurons: 699,858
Ashwin Joshi wrote:
Once a day one should take a break from all the rush. Give oneself a few minutes of relaxation and become a bit calmer, pay attention to the beautiful little things that surround and which remain usually unnoticed. Follow natural curiosity and release the inner explorer. Just a few minutes.

——-
What beautiful thoughts and truth to ponder Ashwin Joshi...and the illustration is so apropos! Applause Applause Applause

I have a usually-crazy-work-dayd'oh! ...But just waiting and relaxing 2hrs in the morn...no clocks, no calls—enjoying the beautiful things that surround me...nothing goes unnoticed—then I begin my workday mused in what lies ahead. Dancing

Ashwin Joshi, Steve Jobs once said; “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”

Be blessed...

hedy mmm

hedy mmm
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:58:26 PM

FounDit wrote:

I've made a habit of doing that as many times a day as I can. It calms the mind and creates a peaceful state. A very nice way to live life.

I’m sorry I crossed with you FounDit Brick wall Brick wall (while I was writing my post I had five work interruptions, ha ha ha)... I now understand why we are so like-minded...Dancing Dancing

hedy mmm
TMe
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 12:35:48 PM

Neurons: 5,674
I second hedy.

Thanks, FounDit.
hedy mmm
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 3:24:57 PM

Ashwin Joshi wrote, and it bears repeating:

TMe wrote:

I second that

Thanks FounDit

——-
And we both appreciate it...Applause
I’m sure he’d agree!

Have a blessed weekend you guys; Ashwin Joshi, FounDit & TMe

And remember that tomorrow is “Leap Day”, (Feb 29th) it has been a day of traditions, folklore and superstitions ever since Leap Years were first introduced by Julius Caesar over 2000 years ago.

I am threading a “Did You Know” #18 - About Leap Day Feb 29th... please check it out!

hedy mmm
TMe
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 12:47:45 AM

Neurons: 5,674
Don't get wrested...

Get rested....

Islami
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 11:20:05 AM

Neurons: 1,152
A short story;

One warm evening many years ago…

After spending nearly every waking minute with Angel for eight straight days, I knew that I had to tell her just one thing. So late at night, just before she fell asleep, I whispered it in her ear. She smiled – the kind of smile that makes me smile back –and she said, “When I’m seventy-five and I think about my life and what it was like to be young, I hope that I can remember this very moment.”

A few seconds later she closed her eyes and fell asleep. The room was peaceful – almost silent. All I could hear was the soft purr of her breathing. I stayed awake thinking about the time we’d spent together and all the choices in our lives that made this moment possible. And at some point, I realized that it didn’t matter what we’d done or where we’d gone. Nor did the future hold any significance.

All that mattered was the serenity of the moment.

Just being with her and breathing with her.

The moral: We must not allow the clock, the calendar, and external pressures to rule our lives and blind us to the fact that each individual moment of our lives is a beautiful mystery and a miracle – especially those moments we spend in the presence of a loved one.

......Anonymous