mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
some stories from Options
azz
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:22:57 PM

Neurons: 4,260
a. I found this book I think you will like some citations from. I am writing them down for you.

b. I found this collection of short stories I am sure he will appreciate some stories from. I am sending the book to him.

Are the above sentences grammatically correct?

Many thanks.
chris62
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:53:47 AM

Neurons: 93,019
The question was if these two sentences grammatically correct.
a. I found this book I think you will like some citations from. I am writing them down for you.
b. I found this collection of short stories I am sure he will appreciate some stories from. I am sending the book to him.

I believe they are.
chris62
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:56:54 AM

Neurons: 93,019
I'd like to add that dangling prepositions will rather be found in written language than in spoken English.
Wilmar (USA) 1M
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:03:20 AM

Neurons: 1,358,720
I think you will like some of the citations from this book I found. I am writing them down for you.
I am writing down some of the citations from this book I found. I think you will like them.

I am sure he will appreciate this collection of short stories I found. I am sending the book to him.
I am sending this collection of short stories to him. He may enjoy some of the stories.