The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Language of the Birds Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 84,045
Language of the Birds

In mythology, medieval literature, and occultism, the language of the birds is often considered a divine or magical language used by birds to communicate with the initiated. A wide variety of historical references to the language of birds exists: Solomon's wisdom is attributed to it, and Aesop, the legendary Greek fabulist, is said to have understood it. In Norse mythology, ravens keep the god Odin apprised of events on Earth. What beast’s blood is said to confer the ability to understand birds? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:28:27 AM

Neurons: 3,386,189
Article of the Day
Language of the Birds
In mythology, medieval literature, and occultism, the language of the birds is often considered a divine or magical language used by birds to communicate with the initiated. A wide variety of historical references to the language of birds exists: Solomon's wisdom is attributed to it, and Aesop, the legendary Greek fabulist, is said to have understood it. In Norse mythology, ravens keep the god Odin apprised of events on Earth.
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 5:07:02 AM

Neurons: 1,600,966
Snake or snake-like creature (like dragon Fafnir, for instance).
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 9:56:57 AM

Neurons: 787,803
In mythology, medieval literature, and occultism, the language of the birds is often considered a divine or magical language used by birds to communicate with the initiated. A wide variety of historical references to the language of birds exists: Solomon's wisdom is attributed to it, and Aesop, the legendary Greek fabulist, is said to have understood it. In Norse mythology, ravens keep the god Odin apprised of events on Earth.
8BooksOfSengathe
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:02:30 PM

Neurons: 15,221
Daemon wrote:
Language of the Birds

In mythology, medieval literature, and occultism, the language of the birds is often considered a divine or magical language used by birds to communicate with the initiated. A wide variety of historical references to the language of birds exists: Solomon's wisdom is attributed to it, and Aesop, the legendary Greek fabulist, is said to have understood it. In Norse mythology, ravens keep the god Odin apprised of events on Earth. What beast’s blood is said to confer the ability to understand birds? More...

King Solomon , the heir of King David of Jerusalem , obtained his wisdom
from God Almighty , not birds !! Good grief ! What illiterate nonsense !

2 Chronicles 9:23
"All the kings of the earth sought an audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom that God had put in his heart."
2 Chronicles 1
Solomon's Prayer for Wisdom
(1 Kings 3:4-15)
7 "That night God appeared to Solomon and said, “Ask, and I will give it to you!”
8 Solomon replied to God: “You have shown great and loving devotion to my father David, and You have made me king in his place.
9 Now, O LORD God, let Your promise to my father David be fulfilled. For You have made me king over a people as numerous as the dust of the earth.
10 Now grant me wisdom and knowledge, so that I may lead this people. For who is able to govern this great people of Yours?”
11 God said to Solomon, “Since this was in your heart and you have not requested riches or wealth or glory or the death of your enemies—and since you have not even requested long life but have asked for wisdom and knowledge to govern My people over whom I have made you king—
12 therefore wisdom and knowledge have been granted to you. And I will also give you riches and wealth and honor unlike anything given to the kings before you or after you.”
13 So Solomon went to Jerusalem from the high place in Gibeon before the Tent of Meeting, and he reigned over Israel."