The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Is Brett a boofer??? Options
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:07:48 PM

Neurons: 1,059,653
"Slick Willy" Bill didn't inhale. "Choom Gang Rides Again" Obama did. However, Brett may be a boofer! Anxious

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/09/29/what-exactly-is-boofing-and-why-you-should-never-do-it/

Whether Brett boofed or not remains a question. However, he demonstrated his true lack of judicial temperament when he attacked the Clintons accusing them of a conspiracy to bring down his nomination via Christine Blasey Ford's allegations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-on-brett-kavanaugh-theres-a-lot-to-be-concerned-about/
Chazlee
Posted: Friday, October 5, 2018 12:37:50 PM

Neurons: 4,214
This whole process has become absurd. I have no love for Kavanaugh at all, but to ask him about "ralphing" and "boofing" is ridiculous. The most important thing is to figure out if he is a serial sex offender. Have the women who claim that Kavanaugh assaulted them proven their case to the people who count most? The questions put forth to Kavanaugh should be dealing with sexual assault. Kavanaugh has already admitted that he likes to drink. So do many other people who do not attack women. What needed to be discovered is what he, Kavanaugh, thinks about women. (We already know what Trump thinks about women). Yet, precious time has been spent asking Kavanaugh questions about what other people have written about him in a yearbook. As a result, he is going to be confirmed to the Supreme Court.

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
Epiphileon
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:07:10 AM

Neurons: 150,615
All allegations and credibility issues aside, the temperament the man displayed in not only his testimony but his opening statement should disqualify him from a seat as a judge on the supreme court. The fact that he was willing to not only entertain but assert unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, and allowed anger to so cloud his judgment is sufficient reason to not confirm him.

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:44:57 AM

Epiphileon wrote:
"All allegations and credibility issues aside, the temperament the man displayed in not only his testimony but his opening statement should disqualify him from a seat as a judge on the supreme court. The fact that he was willing to not only entertain but assert unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, and allowed anger to so cloud his judgment is sufficient reason to not confirm him."

Agreed. That was my main point. He doesn't demonstrate the temperament of a supreme court justice. If confirmed, he could be there for another 30 years.
Chazlee
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 6:27:57 AM

Neurons: 4,214
Epiphileon wrote:
All allegations and credibility issues aside, the temperament the man displayed in not only his testimony but his opening statement should disqualify him from a seat as a judge on the supreme court. The fact that he was willing to not only entertain but assert unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, and allowed anger to so cloud his judgment is sufficient reason to not confirm him.

Why does it surprise you so much that a man whom Trump believes should sit on the Supreme Court has a willingness to "assert unsubstantiated conspiracy theories?" Also, how do you know that "anger clouded his judgement?" It is more than possible/likely that, like Trump, he really believes the Clintons were behind the attacks he is experiencing. If that is true, then we are dealing with a delusional person who is not motivated by anger, but by a paranoid and false belief that there are people "out to get him." Just like Trump believes that most of the people who write negative things about him are unfairly attacking him, Kavanaugh must be trying to figure out how he went from being a Yale educated and publicly respected judge among conservatives, to a man who many perceive to be nothing more than an alcoholic sexual predator. Certainly, he has to be wondering what went wrong, and as a man whom "Politico" describes as "A longtime foe of former President Bill Clinton," then it is not hard to believe that in his mind, the Clintons must have had something to do with all the negative press he is now facing. As far as him displaying anger, then I see his emotions as being similar to how Clarence Thomas reacted when he denied sexually harassing Anita Hill. Kavanaugh sees himself as the victim of a witch hunt, and it is clear that many conservatives view him that way as well. Thus, just like there were many people who felt that Thomas responded appropriately when he angrily referred to what was happening to him at that time as a "high-tech lynching," many conservatives feel that Kavanaugh's angry response is equally appropriate given the inflammatory accusations being leveled against him.

Well, it seems pretty certain now that despite what has been said and written about Kavanaugh, he will be confirmed. If that happens, all the American people can do is hope he will do a better job on the Supreme Court than Trump has done as a president.

Peace.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/09/brett-kavanaugh-who-is-he-bio-facts-background-and-political-views-703346

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 6:38:08 PM

Neurons: 49,892
It's done. 50-48 Can't find list of who voted what yet. I thought it had to be a 60 vote? Or is that what they wish to change?

They were always going to confirm him no matter what (even if the FBI report said guilty - it's why they limited the FBI) to appease Trump who wants him in case he needs him for his own immunity. GOP could have chosen another more stable candidate who would stilll be vs Roe v Wade and conservative, but they went along to give Trump a win.

Agree completely with Epi about his suitability. I wouldn't hire him for any job after that job interview.

The FBI report was only a distraction. Also, 90% of the info about him was not released in comparison to much much higher percentages by previous candidates.

Trump now controls ALL parts of the US government. And his supporters aren't afraid, in fact cheer him on as the best president ever.

The only thing he doesn't have complete control of is "We the People" - not yet anyhow. So US democracy all depends upon which group is more energized to get the vote out in the next elections.

I wonder what it's like to be a democracy living beside a dictatorship. Probably not much different. Edited - provided they don't decide to usurp by any means. Some Canadians (I used to be one) are under the impression that the US is Canada's friend just because of proximity. But after doing some reading, I realize it is not just Trump's bullying of smaller nations. The US has never really been Canada's friend. Even Obama pursued policies that hurt Canada.

Can any American answer this? If the DOJ and the Executive Branch are supposed to be separate (Comey said etc) how can the WH limit an FBI investigation for political purposes? There were all kinds of witnesses with lawyers who approached the FBI and were ignored. It doesn't compute.

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:03:46 PM

Chazlee wrote:
Well, it seems pretty certain now that despite what has been said and written about Kavanaugh, he will be confirmed. If that happens, all the American people can do is hope he will do a better job on the Supreme Court than Trump has done as a president.

Unfortunately, that is not setting the bar very high.