The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

A giant 'singing' cloud in space will help us to understand how star systems form Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:00:00 AM

Neurons: 72,126
A giant 'singing' cloud in space will help us to understand how star systems form

We know that the birthplaces of stars are large molecular clouds of gas and dust found in space. But what exactly determines the number and kind of stars and planets that are formed in these clouds? How was our solar system nursed and how did it emerge from ... More...
thar
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:22:11 AM

Neurons: 69,298
Proving once again that The Clangers is scientifically accurate.

The Cloud

The Music of the Spheres

On the internet, nobody knows you are really a clanger! Whistle
Emel Rapchan
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:55:43 PM

Neurons: 232,577
- A giant cloud singing says that stars are formed in such a way that depends on some strings are placed!
- Ok. That is why I don't need drugs.... I have physics!
hedy mmm
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:04:31 PM

Neurons: 495,366
thar wrote:
...the Clangers is scientifically accurate

thar, I don't know if you're definition of 'Clanger' is (1) a liver dumpling, popular in the United Kingdom Dancing or (2) a conspicuous mistake or blunder whose effects seem to 'clang'...ergo, "Drop a Clanger" Think ...I assume it's the latter...actually an oxymoron, for sure! Applause

For those who might or might not, believe the article...I say, "What nonsense!" d'oh!
You want accuracy? Read God's word written some 8-10,000 years ago, at the time of creation. The scientific community has tried to disprove God, although a majority believe in Intelligent Design...

The bible says "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together...?"
Job 38:1,4,6-7 and "He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name."
Psalm 147:4

hedy

The stars & the Heavens have been declaring the Glory of God since creation...I guess most, including these dummy's behind this article STILL don't know. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
BobShilling
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:40:22 AM

Neurons: 1,908
hedy mmm wrote:
The scientific community has tried to disprove God, although a majority believe in Intelligent Design.

The failure to follow the procedures of scientific discourse and the failure to submit work to the scientific community that withstands scrutiny have weighed against intelligent design being accepted as valid science.[127] The intelligent design movement has not published a properly peer-reviewed article supporting ID in a scientific journal, and has failed to publish supporting peer-reviewed research or data.[127] The only article published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal that made a case for intelligent design was quickly withdrawn by the publisher for having circumvented the journal's peer-review standards.[128] The Discovery Institute says that a number of intelligent design articles have been published in peer-reviewed journals,[129] but critics, largely members of the scientific community, reject this claim and state intelligent design proponents have set up their own journals with peer review that lack impartiality and rigor,[n 29] consisting entirely of intelligent design supporters.[n 30]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design#Scientific_criticism
hedy mmm
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:04:45 PM

Neurons: 495,366
The Creation Research Society is a professional organization of trained scientists and interested laypersons who are firmly committed to scientific special creation. The Society was organized in 1963 by a committee of ten like-minded scientists, and has grown into an organization with worldwide membership. The primary functions of the Society are:
• Publication of a quarterly peer-reviewed journal.
• Conducting research to develop and test creation models.
• The provision of research grants and facilities to creation scientists for approved research projects.
• Providing qualified scientists to speak to groups or churches.
• Other functions of CRS include maintenance of a comprehensive directory of creationist organizations throughout the world.
The CRS also runs a secure online bookstore for ordering books and videos on special creation.

Would you check out the Creation Research Foundation's website?
or believe what you've read in Wikipedia as 'criticism' not 'facts'. Did you know that so much credence is given to Darwin's theory of evolution...TFD had a post about him, he was sick his whole life, they couldn't find the source of his maladies...and he died a miserable death...I guess NOW he's a creationist!

Here's a better question "Where will you spend eternity?" I am not speaking of 'religion' I'm speaking of a 'relationship' with the Creator.

hedy

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
whatson
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:23:45 PM

Neurons: 2,607
Miss mmm
I bet you are the head priestess
of the research society. Do you
guys wear distinctive headgear
on special days?

Altar boy on one occasion. Less thrilling than a sorcerer's apprentice.
TMe
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 2:30:26 AM

Neurons: 4,567
If one doesn't know the crux of the discussion in the forum, he should keep quiet rather than labeling the poster with annoying words. That is not palatable.

I am a layman.