The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Ranks?? Options
Dennis Chen
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:55:19 PM

Neurons: 44,649
Can someone tell me how the ranking system works, because I don't know what the requirements are to get to advance member and stuff like that.

Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:52:21 AM

Neurons: 224,906
Dennis Chen wrote:
Can someone tell me how the ranking system works, because I don't know what the requirements are to get to advance member and stuff like that.

Hello Dennis.

I don't think that it is published in detail.
However, generally, the more you are 'active' the more points (neurons) you will get.
The quickest and simplest way to gain points is to play the games on the home page - I think that accepting 'challenges' and setting goals produces more points - faster - though this is something I have not tried.
I find that working on the forum is more interesting (for me) but does not gain points so quickly.

You move up ranks ('newbie', member, advanced member) automatically - it seems to be based on time and activity.
If you are a member for a few months, but only visit the site once a week, it takes a long time to change. If you play games and post questions or replies or opinions on the forum every day, you will move up to 'advanced member' quite quickly.

Take a look at Goldman M's post here. She is no longer an admin, but her advice and answers are still very valid.
Guy from Arlington, VA
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:19:05 PM

Neurons: 225,522
Dennis Chen wrote:

It would be useful, if the page published the rules.