The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

"Jumping the Shark" Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 71,118
"Jumping the Shark"

"Jumping the shark" is a colloquialism used by TV critics and fans to denote the point in a TV series at which the characters or plot veer into a ridiculous, out-of-the-ordinary storyline. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak and undergone too many changes to retain their original appeal. The term is an allusion to a scene in a 1977 episode of the TV series Happy Days, when the popular character Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli does what? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:50:36 AM

Neurons: 2,360,861
Article of the Day
"Jumping the Shark"
"Jumping the shark" is a colloquialism used by TV critics and fans to denote the point in a TV series at which the characters or plot veer into a ridiculous, out-of-the-ordinary storyline. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak and undergone too many changes to retain their original appeal.
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:15:35 AM

Neurons: 322,256
I wish I would have been familiar with this idiom a long time ago. I've could have used it to explain why I had lost interest in certain TV series.
Emel Rapchan
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:46:35 PM

Neurons: 204,458
Jumping the Shark, sometimes, is the only way to call attention from a boresome program on TV.
There were varies examples for this matter in TV around the world.
Joel Souza
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:26:00 PM

Neurons: 142,748
"Jumping the Shark"
"Jumping the shark" is a colloquialism used by TV critics and fans to denote the point in a TV series at which the characters or plot veer into a ridiculous, out-of-the-ordinary storyline. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak and undergone too many changes to retain their original appeal. The term is an allusion to a scene in a 1977 episode of the TV series Happy Days, when the popular character Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli does what?