The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

These subtle cues are what make sick people look sick Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 5:00:00 AM

Neurons: 75,597
These subtle cues are what make sick people look sick

The next time a friend tells you that you look sick, hear the person out. We are better than chance at detecting illness in others simply by looking at their faces, according to new research led by a Swedish psychologist. “We can detect subtle cues ... More...
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 10:50:42 AM

Neurons: 1,215,748
Symptoms may be prominent, a sort of jutting out from what is normal, thus becoming conspicuous.
Emel Rapchan
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 7:31:20 PM

Neurons: 302,303
The next time a friend tells you that you look sick, hear the person out. We are better than chance at detecting illness in others simply by looking at their faces, according to new research led by a Swedish psychologist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2018/01/02/these-subtle-cues-are-what-make-sick-people-look-sick/?utm_term=.abfee74010d8

So, it's a matter of fact that mothers are always right!
They are able to detect the sick in our eyes just at a glance!
My mom always had this ability to scrutinize my face when I was just giving the morning greetings to her. She usually looked at me and goes: "You are sick! Look at yourself today!". Afterwards, she went with a soup or a "special" tea to help me out to go through the illness.
She was always right! Now there's a scientific evidence that explains what she used to do in my daily life!