The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Ascension of Abdu'l-Baha Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 66,798
Ascension of Abdu'l-Baha

The Ascension of Abdul'l-Baha is a holy day in the Baha'i religion that commemorates the death of Abbas Effendi in 1921 in Haifa, Palestine (now Israel). The eldest son of Mirza Husayn Ali, known as Baha'u'llah, the prophet-founder of the Baha'i faith, he was named the leader of the Baha'i community in his father's will. In turn, Abdu'l-Baha appointed his eldest grandson, Shoghi Effendi (1896-1957) as his successor. Today the affairs of the worldwide Baha'i community are administered by the Universal House of Justice, a body that meets in Haifa and is elected every five years. More...
raghd muhi al-deen
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:16:56 AM

Neurons: 84,204
the eldest son of Mirza Hussyn Ali

with my pleasure
KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:11:01 AM

Neurons: 2,023,411
Today's Holiday
Ascension of Abdu'l-Baha
The Ascension of Abdul'l-Baha is a holy day in the Baha'i religion that commemorates the death of Abbas Effendi in 1921 in Haifa, Palestine (now Israel). The eldest son of Mirza Husayn Ali, known as Baha'u'llah, the prophet-founder of the Baha'i faith, he was named the leader of the Baha'i community in his father's will. In turn, Abdu'l-Baha appointed his eldest grandson, Shoghi Effendi (1896-1957) as his successor. Today the affairs of the worldwide Baha'i community are administered by the Universal House of Justice, a body that meets in Haifa and is elected every five years.