mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
G20, what was in your country's bucket list? Options
Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, July 9, 2017 1:52:31 AM

Neurons: 39,933
The Australian PM went to the G20 with a wish list, headed by meta data.

Requiring providers to release meta data emails and telephone a/c's, on a court order of international

criminals and terrorists.

I havn't heard how successful he was, but it is Sunday here.

With the criminal lefties making life unbearable for the German residents, its a wonder that any country would request the

pleasure of hosting a G20.
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Sunday, July 9, 2017 6:35:03 AM

Neurons: 14,633
Tovarish wrote:
The Australian PM went to the G20 with a wish list, headed by meta data.

Requiring providers to release meta data emails and telephone a/c's, on a court order of international

criminals and terrorists.

I havn't heard how successful he was, but it is Sunday here.

With the criminal lefties making life unbearable for the German residents, its a wonder that any country would request the

pleasure of hosting a G20.

I hope its a long time before we have to think about a bucket list for the country, although with Brexit and Scottish Independence coming up again that may not be as far away as I hope.
A Bucket List is a list a person makes of things to do before they "Kick the Bucket", die. It's slightly different from a wish list.
A wish list is a list of things that you would like to have if you could in the ideal world.

Tovarish I know you understand this, but for our friends that are English learners making the difference clear might be intresting.
Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, July 9, 2017 11:02:31 PM

Oh no Sarrie, I never thought of 'kicking the bucket' more like a 'wish list' double meaning I suppose.

On the 'wish list' was also a potential neighbour in our Pacific Rim becoming a nuclear power and pressure that may be used to prevent this.

I have to wonder the finances of our own country, our PM seems to be botting lifts with the US President & French President?
Hope123
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 11:31:28 AM

Neurons: 57,037
Tov, I don't know all of Trudeau's list but he went to support the climate change agreement, promote his "women" program with money, (see next post) and get as much trade from every country as possible to ameliorate our dependence on US trade now that Trump has started attacking Canada with tariffs etc. and the promise of bullying in the NAFTA renegotiations.

Trudeau had/has to walk a fine line between supporting EU/UK and USA and because the USA is our biggest trading partner he has to be very careful what he says about Trump.

However, did you see the video by your Australian journalist about Trump being isolated at the G20? Chris Uhlmann didn't worry and told the truth. You have to click on the video to hear the report which has radiated around the world. An Australian saying of "All tip and no iceberg" seems to be a good description of Trump?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/09/biggest-threat-to-the-west-australian-journalist-demolishes-trump-after-g20
Hope123
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 11:40:36 AM

I think the women of the world should thank Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau for doing what he can to help women in the world and at least make it known that the time has come for women to be included in the major decisions of the world.

A woman in Trudeau's government set up the conference with Ivanka Trump re the development of women in business but allowed her to take the credit for it. Trudeau's own cabinet is 50% female.

In March Trudeau announced this to somewhat offset what the USA had done -

https://postmedia.us.janrainsso.com/static/server.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fnationalpost.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Ftrudeau-announces-650m-for-sexual-and-reproductive-health-projects-around-the-world%2Fwcm%2F221c04eb-c5eb-41a0-bb31-2e283295d47c

Then at the G20 -

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/06/09/trudeaus-new-feminist-plan-commits-95-of-foreign-aid-to-gender-women-and-girls-by-2022.html

Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:32:44 AM

Hope, I am sure Canada would be included in our Free Trade agreements that include the Pacific Rim countries and I know the UK was approached

following the G20, I just assumed the Commonwealth countries would be included too.
Romany
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:03:29 AM

Neurons: 59,542

All the o/seas coverage I've seen Tov, details how every member went there with the big question of N.Korea as the primary point on their agenda. After Drumph's loud-mouthing they were hoping he'd lead the talks in that direction. However, we all know the clusterfuck he instead gave to the world, so they are all right-royally peed off to have him wandering round forgetting people's names, talking shit, sending emails from the middle of meetings, etc. etc. and see no point in having him attend more of the grown-ups parties.

Btw, ladies, have you heard that the White House has now taken a leaf from the Fundamentalists Playbook, and banned the appearance of female shoulders or toes on Capital Hill. Unless, of course, those female shoulders & toes belong to Ivanka, Kelly-Ann Conway or The Wife. (Always forget her name).

Coming on top of the other restrictions he's placed on women it's rather rich. As the only First world country already who jails women for having abortions, still-births, and miscarriages; who refuses now to give access to Morning After meds; and who are scrapping all funding for women's groups, perhaps it won't be too long before American women are expected to cover up, be obedient, and obey!!
almo 1
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:20:16 AM

Neurons: 5,715

Romany, who is Drumph?

Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:33:18 AM

I have been AWOL, but coming back to this post is amazing, Rom after the way the Donald spoke to the French Presidents wife, he needs a muzzle, let

alone keeping bare shoulders from his preying eyes. Poor Ivunka, she must have her work cut out.

I am not by brothers keeper nor my husbands, I learn't that one many years ago

Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:53:33 AM

Neurons: 715,214
Tov, Romany, you should know by now. The solution is never to inconvenience men. Whistle
Romany
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:48:09 AM

Tov - I was going to give a rather flippant reply but then the shooting happened and one can't really be flippant about anything because, well, that's not the way the world is supposed to work, is it?I thought Queensland cops were the biggest bastards in the world - but gees - killing members of the public? How the hell can a country function when the cops are worse killers than the perps? I say 'worse' because hey, shoot 'em in the back, shoot 'em in their p.js - the cops never get punished! They don't go to jail - which makes killing a supremely safe thing to do for anyone who wears a little tin badge!

ps Never been much of a bushwacker, but there are times I absolutely long for the sweet smell of horse and Dubbined saddle, and eucalyptus (and snakes. The smell of snakes is something I've never encountered elsewhere) - the unending bush with only the calls of the birds...and the rest of the world being far away and totally crazy.

We've often been told off by (OK, only one or two) posters that what Americans do is their own thing, America's the best country in the world so we should shut up and learn; and it's none of our business.

But when people from OUR countries are banned because of their nationality or race; when a law-abiding citizen from Oz gets shot in her jammies - then is IS our business. Americans are always putting out safety warnings about various countries that their citizens should avoid. It's devastating that America itself is one of the most dangerous countries for any of us to visit. (The drop in tourism has been devastating: I read how many millions had been lost this year in tourism revenue - ouch!).

Anyway, I mourn with the rest of you - this stranger who dedicated her life to peace sealed her death warrant when she bought her last plane ticket. And I just cannot imagine how her friends and family will ever come to terms with the fact that she was killed by the Police!! And yeah the headlines are right: it couldn't happen in Australia. Or England.

I've been checking out info. on cop killings per capita in USA - its the highest in the developed world and is gobsmacking. As is usual, the actual figure drops or rises one or two point depending on which page one's on = but it's still so ridiculously, mind-bogglingly high it makes your eyes water. And people just accept it??

Ah, sorry to carry on once more - seems every time you come back to the forum I end up having a little dummy-spit to you. But then, we also share a lot of laughs and jokes - so I guess it evens out over time?

Hope so.

..."And the bush hath friends to meet him, and their kindly voices greet him
In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars,
And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended,
And at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars..."

..."And I somehow fancy that I'd like to change with Clancy,
Like to take a turn at droving where the seasons come and go,
While he faced the round eternal of the cashbook and the journal -
But I doubt he'd suit the office, Clancy, of "The Overflow".

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:32:55 AM

Romany, after reading the first section of the newspaper this morning, I was thinking along the same lines - I'd love to go back to older quieter more peaceful times in Canada when we didn't have all this s**t from politicians stirring everybody up for their own purposes to get votes.

Canadian Conservative MPs went on American Fox News (can you believe that?!) pandering to Trump as American News left out the salient part of the Khadr $10 M settlement, further stirring up Canadians who get American news. Background - Khadr was a child "soldier" imprisoned and tortured in Guantanamo by Americans with the knowledge of more than one Canadian government that did nothing to stop it. So the Supreme Court said that the Canadian government has to atone for that. The current govt settled the $20 M lawsuit rather than having it cost us millions more. But Canadians only see the part where he confessed - under torture - to throwing a grenade that killed an American (or two?) The American widow is suing him for $135 million. I don't like what his father and perhaps he did, but c'mon. The courts say the government denied him his rights.

Besides, how is killing someone during war a crime? Isn't that what happens in war? Maybe all those killed by American drones should start suing. And Americans TORTURED Khadr but that seems to be okay by them. They started the fffing war to begin with.

Then the indigenous in Nova Scotia think that tearing down a statue is going to change history. And a white off-duty cop in Toronto just beat a black kid on the street (the cop has been charged).

And the great man himself, Donald J. Trump announced that he wants Canada to open markets to the USA while stressing in the very next sentence that the USA would not be open to Canada. Exactly what Drago and you are saying about the US in this thread. I used to think it was all the government of any country that set the policies, but now I believe that it is the people who support those governments are the reasons the governments act as they do.

http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst173854_Senate-Health-Care-Bill-failure-and-the-Trump-coalition.aspx

The killing of the Australian woman who called 911 herself by a cop boggles my mind how that could even happen. Was it trigger-happiness? I have not heard how they are explaining it.

55 shootings in one US city in one weekend - something like ten fatalities!

A landlord discriminates in the US and says: "That's why we have Trump".

How one man (and I use the term loosely) can stir up not only his own country but the whole world!

A funny bit of news - several videos of Ann Coulter saying how the Left are a bunch of whiners are playing in adjunct with her 38 (?) tweets about having to move two seats in an ✈️ airplane because of a mixup. LOL It is this kind of nonsense that adds to all the "noise" these days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/07/17/ann-coulter-takes-off-twitter-after-delta-asks-her-move-her-seat/483686001/
Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:57:40 AM

There was a sunrise memorial on an Eastern Sydney beach yesterday, with candles and flowers and silence for Justine.

We Aussies dont expect this from the ones that are there to protect us, Justine was still an Aussie at heart, meeting the police in her jarmies,

expecting assistance.

That two relatively 'new' officers on patrol together seems at odds, instead of a senior policeman with a newbie, that personal and vehicle cameras

were not recording sounds phony to me.

The Mayor and a high ranking policeman were giving an interview, saying their way of policing was so efficient, they were advising other states on protocol.

Back to the drawing board I suggest, dont the Yanks have tasers?, a woman in her jarmies for Christ sake, some threat.

To have the privilege of wearing a uniform, the person should be a well rounded character, physically fit of course but mental stability is equally

as important, Noor seems to have had other complaints against him, so why wasnt he riding a desk until he was proven to not be a threat to

civillians.

Come home Rom and smell the gum trees, and the good Aussie dirt, wonderful mixture and some great Aussie Shiraz.
almo 1
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:30:48 AM

Neurons: 5,715

Isn't Romany's home Africa?

forum.thefreedictionary.com/postsm979891

ellana
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:41:38 AM

Neurons: 127,363
I am currently doing volunteer work in Nepal so have little time and sometimes no internet to participate in some of these Politics discussions. I have access to TV, a few English channels, so can follow the mind boggling events in the world but mostly the in USA. But, I stand with all of you who share info, thoughts, but mostly disgust at the current events unfolding. Narcissism, nepotism, lies and deceit have no place in the White House. Leadership (?) down the toilet!
Romany
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:45:43 PM

Hellena - Yes, I think that's important. And I think it may turn into one of those good things that might come about as a result of this grotesque parody: -if, through it, we learn to stand for each other.

So many more people, states, nations, are stepping forward now to publicly condemn the travesty which is the current Administration in the White House that it encourages even more to join them. Because - whether from Burke or Mills - it's indisputable that "“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”
Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:34:51 PM

or Women Rom, and we never seem to pull any punches, a spade is usually a spade but in OZ sometimes it can be a shovel.

Just adding to the shooting of Justine Damond and the differences in our Justice Systems, in Australia an officer on any charge is stood down from

active work, with or with out pay pending the outcome of the investigation, this man would not have been back on the streets down here.

I hear that shootings by police officers in the US, this year is approximately 550 persons.

Surely some navel gazing needs to happen.

will
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 11:08:01 AM

Neurons: 4,830
I believe many islands states had buckets on their bucket list.