mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day Options
Daemon
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 95,379
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day

Formerly an occupied territory of the United Kingdom, Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China on July 1, 1997. The day is reserved for official celebrations of Hong Kong and its unique "one country, two systems" arrangement with its mainland ally. Large crowds observe the anniversary by turning out for an official flag-raising ceremony displaying the emblems of Hong Kong and the People's Republic of China. There is also a parade featuring traditional drumming performances and dragon dance troupes. More...
TB Turtle
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2017 5:08:25 AM

Neurons: 4,068,781
Hmm, I wonder how many dogs they slaughter for this event. I prefer their the Alternative Tradition.
KSPavan
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2017 5:23:41 AM

Neurons: 4,389,776
Today's Holiday
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day
Formerly an occupied territory of the United Kingdom, Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China on July 1, 1997. The day is reserved for official celebrations of Hong Kong and its unique "one country, two systems" arrangement with its mainland ally. Large crowds observe the anniversary by turning out for an official flag-raising ceremony displaying the emblems of Hong Kong and the People's Republic of China. There is also a parade featuring traditional drumming performances and dragon dance troupes.
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2017 9:45:20 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Some Hong Kongers, according to the media, are very disappointed by what has happened since the People's Republic of China took over twenty years ago.

The PRC has failed to give Hong Kong the promised political autonomy.

Many Hong Kongers feel that there is less political freedom now than existed under the British.

The situation in Hong Kong, some people point out, should be a warning to the Republic of China (Taiwan) not to trust any promises of the People's Republic of China.

(In my opinion, it's better to be ruled by foreigners than by incompetent and corrupt people of "one's own kind.")
Gary98
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2017 6:38:42 PM

Neurons: 5,542,158
TheParser wrote:

(In my opinion, it's better to be ruled by foreigners than by incompetent and corrupt people of "one's own kind.")

Do you subscribe to your own prescription? Or is this strictly for Hong kongers?

Should USA be ruled by someone from Africa or Asia?

This is one strange opinion.

Gary98
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2017 7:15:02 PM

Neurons: 5,542,158
TB Turtle wrote:
Hmm, I wonder how many dogs they slaughter for this event. I prefer their the Alternative Tradition.

Killing dogs for meat is barbarous. I doubt Hongkonger will specifically kill more dogs to celebrant this event.

It is worse to kill people for their land, oil, or hold them as slaves.

I wonder who will evolve faster, the people who kill dogs, or the people who kill other human beings?

My bet is those dog-killer will stop first. Warmonger will be celebrated for eons to come.
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, July 2, 2017 9:03:55 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Gary98 wrote:

Do you subscribe to your own prescription?

Oh, absolutely!

If "foreigners" could run the United States better than our own politicians, I would be delighted to have them rule us. Nothing is sillier, in my opinion, than the idea that people should be ruled -- no matter how badly -- by their "own kind." (Some cities in the United States, for example, are rife with corruption, but the citizens keep electing those officials ONLY because they are of "our own kind.")

(I remember reading recently that some older people in a certain Asian country were wishing for the good old days when they were ruled by the British. Furthermore, millions (millions!) of people have died in a certain continent because of constant warfare and brutal leaders -- something that did not exist when the "colonialists" were in charge. Many people at this very moment are doing everything that they can in order to leave their countries and get to the United States or Europe. They are "voting" with their feet.)