mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Ummm, Sorry I was busy participating in a Hot Body Contest .... Options
spellcheck
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:07:28 AM

Neurons: 93
Casey Anthony : 25 year old Florida woman accused of killing her daughter Caylee Anthony on June 16th 2008. Jury is in deliberations as of 12:10 p.m. Monday July 14th 2011. Prosecution is asking for the death penalty. Do you agree, disagree ? Do you not know of the trial ? Have questions ? I would love to discuss. I am in the city where all is taking place. This is huge here and more people here think she is guilty then innocent. YouTube or Google either name & you can see story.
Rusty
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:11:00 AM

Neurons: 450
I think she is guilty, however there seems to be little physical evidence to actually prove beyond any doubt that she killed her baby. I dont think death penalty is a possibility.
Ann Victor
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:45:49 AM

Neurons: 3
I have been following this case and find it very interesting. I do believe she killed the child but I'm not sure how or for what reason. In the beginning I thought she was accustomed to giving the child meds to make her sleep and overdosed her. Now, I'm not sure. I feel so much for the parents of this woman. They have been through Hell and it continues for them. What are your thoughts?
boneyfriend
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:34:11 AM

Neurons: 10,546
I think Casey Anthony is a truly bad seed. I don't see how she can be found anything but guilty. But I may be swayed by her demeanor in court. I think her lawyers had her hair fixed completely wrong. Too severe. Made her look terrible. Her lack of emotion about anything and everything that was going on was loud and clear.
She wont get the death penalty I don't think. But she will go to prison. I wonder how long the jury will be out. Among my friends, it is the topic of the day and has been for the length of the trial. Best trial since OJ.
pedro
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:40:43 AM

Neurons: 63,022
I always think the death penalty is so passé
Christine
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:17:48 AM

Neurons: 15,842
I did notice on many pictures of the girl, she has dark stops under her eyes.

nowherenothere
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:30:53 PM

Neurons: 2,096

I'm not familiar with the case. I don't live in the area. I don't pay much attention to the media. In any event, the initial trial verdict most likely rests with the jury if the accused so chooses, otherwise the presiding court Justice if a jury trial is waived.

Isaac Samuel
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:25:18 PM

Neurons: 1,222
The detectives and the Prosecutor involved in this case dropped the ball by dragging their feet from 2008 and rushed to the trial without establishing material evidences against Casey for the death of her daughter. Harsh interrogative techniques,when used on the members of this dysfunctional family by the detectives, would have revealed all the pieces to the puzzle.

In the absence of solid evidences—except Casey is a party girl—a jury can only speculate the verdict and come to a consensus.This, in my opinion,is a travesty of justice backed by shoddy investigation and faulty notions by the Prosecution.
Vickster
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:38:45 PM

Neurons: 7,211
innocent of all charges... unbelieveable.... Brick wall
sisikou
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:22:02 PM

Neurons: 4,880
Evil!! without conscience... Death is too light a punishment for her.
Geeman
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:58:44 PM

Neurons: 125,022
Innocent until proven slutty....
Christine
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:59:33 PM

Neurons: 15,842
Vickster wrote:
innocent of all charges... unbelieveable.... Brick wall

not all
kitten
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:13:00 PM

Neurons: 7,420
I am not surprised the verdict came out in her favour.

I have watched the trial via TruTV which is not the same as Court TV. By this I mean I get to see just a little bit of the testimony and then have Vinnie or whomever "explains" it to me. Whilst some may view that as good because it may clarify a point in your mind the jurors do not have this advantage and it is an advantage. It may also mean that the one who is clarifying may also be swaying or persuading if you prefer.

It is not up to the Defence it is up to the Prosecution to have all their 'eyes' dotted and 'tees' crossed. It is also up to the Prosecution to make sure their witness are credible and beyond reproach of any kind. All facts need to square.

As the jury chose not to speak at this time, and perhaps may not speak, we may never know how 'they' viewed the information they heard.

Do I believe the Prosecution did all they needed to do to as stated in their opening statement? NO! I also don't believe the Defence supported their opening statement, either. But it is up to the Prosecution to prove a case and it is up to the Defence to plant 'reasonable doubt.'

What Vinnie, Nancy Grace, you or I think doesn't matter. What does matter is the jury and what they heard, without benefit of outside influence, the listening of instructions from the Judge and the ability, with that knowledge, to render a decision.

In this case she was found not guilty on all but four counts. And whilst those counts carry a year each, she has been in jail for three, so she may be let out on Thursday with time served.

I have great concern for those who stood outside the court and said they would have liked to have been on the jury so they could sway it against her. That would not be honest and I hope those people are never allowed on juries.

Some may not like it but we still are a country of laws and everyone in this country is innocent until proven guilty. Proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Reasonable Doubt

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

Please thank TFD--Legal for the above information.

peace out, >^,,^<
pedro
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:46:45 AM

Neurons: 63,022
The jury deliberated for 10 hours on evidence from a trial that began on May 24th and yet there are some, even here, who think they know better than the jury. The accused may be all kinds of things, perhaps a compulsive liar, a debauchee and worse and yet be innocent of the crime. People are puzzled that she could have acted as she did after the child was reported missing if she hadn't committed the crime. I think her behaviour would have been as strange if she had, but I am not party to the evidence. I think in any event she is a deeply disturbed individual and her claim of sexual abuse as a child lends some credence to her story and probably to the fact that she didn't(or possibly couldn't) testify. Then again, I have no access to the evidence. I suspect she might require an identity change now in any case.

I am not sure what the legal situation is in the US but there have been cases of possible miscarried justice in the UK, notably the Stephen Lawrence case which was reopened due to the abolition of the double jeopardy law. Is that likely or even possible?
Vickster
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:01:49 AM

I, being a police officer, Hate hate hate our court system... if you could understand all the BS that goes into proving someone guilty... and then some lawyers proves you didn't use the "proper language" necessary in your search warrant...not the search itself but the words used... and have the most credible evidence thrown out because you wrote it wrong... (didn't cross the t's and dot the I'sJ) It's frustrating... to have it in hand...and lose it because some lawyer who can spend weeks reading and ripping apart your report/warrant/ acts that you did in seconds thought... to make someone innocent even when they have blood on the hands!!! Very frustrating!!!

Then I think.... how many parents could keep such a straight, emotionless even angry face during trial knowing their child is dead... If she was innocent, I think the majority of parents would have completely fallen apart...look at her!!! she's emotionless... you want to blame it on sexual abuse as a child??? No... there are alot of woman abused during childhood...raped and molested...and they don't take it out on their kids... themselves maybe...but not their babies...

so I ask... how did she die? who killed her?? The guilt/torment will finally surface and I hope it eats her away.... what she did was disgusting!!! Even if she didn't kill her?? what she did to "cover up" was beyond sick!!! Shame on you
spellcheck
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:31:05 PM

I have been a spectator to this horrific story since July 17,2008. I am a resident of the neighboring town of where the Anthony family resides and where little Caylee Anthony was born & lived for a short 2 3/4 years and was murdered.
This has been a part of the lives of everyone that lives within a 50 mile radius since that first day little Caylee was reported missing.
Who lied for 31 days as her daughter rotted in a swamp just 15 houses away from her parents front door ? Casey Anthony
Who reported Caylee missing? NOT Casey Anthony
Who claimed her daughter was with the imaginary "Zanny the Nannie" ? Casey Anthony
Who had access to the duct tape,heart stickers,laundry bag,baby blanket ? Casey Anthony
Who had access to clothing that the child wore was all found at the recovery site ? Casey Anthony
Who as a child used the recovery site as a hideaway place and hang out ? Casey Anthony
Who had the odor of decomposition and evidence of maggots and larvae in the trunk of their car ? Casey Anthony
Who abandoned their car on June 18,2008 next to a dumpster and told no one ? Casey Anthony
Who helped the police, sheriff's department, FBI try to find Caylee ? NOT Casey Anthony
Who participated in searching for their "kidnapped"daughter with the thousands of volunteers ? NOT Casey Anthony
Who was outraged after being arrested because everyone was only concerned about Caylee and not her ? Casey Anthony
Who offered zero assistance to ANYONE when it came to trying to locate little Caylee ? Casey Anthony
Who told their father they were the best dad and best grandfather anyone could ask for ? Casey Anthony
Who do I think killed little Caylee Anthony ? Casey Anthony

Why or How ? Casey became a mother at a young age, 19. She was not in a relationship at this time and was not planning this pregnancy. She has yet to accurately name the father of this child. There have been many fingers pointed and many paternity test submitted, without a match. She had a volatile relationship with her parents due to her lifestyle and this pregnancy was not a welcoming event. But as many grandparents do, upon the birth of little Caylee they were just taken by this new life and prepared a loving place for her in their home. George & Cindy were very attentive grandparents and jumped at the chance to babysit and take care of this little child. But as any middle class family they expected Casey to participate in the care of the child, HER child and in providing for her financially. When it became clear that they wanted Casey to return to her job at Universal Studios, she lied and told them she got her job back & she even got a promotion. This "promotion" required her to travel to overnight events and would require her to retain a full time nanny. Well we know their was no job, their was no nanny except for the invented "Zanny the Nannie " to appease her parents. At this time Casey Anthony had already gotten back into her party lifestyle and was enjoying her participation in recreational partying, and as many from her circle of friends stated "Xanax " was part of the mix. But in this circle "Xanax" was referred to as "Zanies", hence Zanny the Nannie. It has long been suspected Casey was giving this drug to Caylee to keep her sleeping while she was out and about with friends, whether as a shot girl, participating in hot body contests or just spending the day in bed with whichever guy she was vetting. As Caylee got older and started to get more vocal and her grandmother and grandfather would ask how her day or nights were with "Zanny ", it became obvious that Casey needed to find an alternative. It is also believed that Casey no longer had easy access to Xanax and had to resort to a more affordable fix. There is where Chloroform comes into play. In the month just prior to Caylee's murder, it is believed Casey Anthony resorted to using a homemade cocktail of Chloroform to use as a sedative for little Caylee. On the evening of June 15,2008 Casey Anthony had a volatile argument with her mother Cindy Anthony. On the morning of June 16,2008 Casey & Caylee Anthony left their residence on Hope springs Drive and little Caylee was never to be seen alive again. Casey spent the next 31 days partying with friends and lying to her parents constantly about her and Caylee's whereabouts. Never did she give a glimpse of worry, concern or stress regarding her daughter.
I think Casey overdosed her daughter with Chloroform on June 16.2008. She then put duct tape over her daughter's face to prevent her from breathing. I believe she was planning to bury this child in her parents yard but changed her mind and instead returned to a familiar childhood sanctuary just a 60 second drive down the street on Suburban Drive. With Caylee wrapped in her Winnie The Pooh blanket, placed in a laundry bag from her parents garage, she dumped her daughter in the swampy marsh. This area of land is easy access from the street, but it is at a steep decline and is not a place that gets traffic. It also fills with water when there is a heavy rain. Due to the length of time this poor child was decomposing in this wet wasteland, it left no DNA on any of the objects that were there, only poor little Caylee's DNA could be identified on her remains.
I watched every minute of the trial live and at times in person. There is not one thing the jury heard or saw that I did not hear or see. Her defense was presented at the last minute as an "accidental" drowning in the family pool. This theory was not presented until opening arguments. I found this to be suspect. The disposing of little Caylee she blamed on her father and an obscure meter reader. This same meter reader was the person who had discovered the remains. The theory presented by the defense just got more & more bizarre as the trial continued. I honestly believe they made things up as they went along.
If we are to believe the defense, then an accidental drowning of a child was made to look like a horrific murder and disposal of a toddler. Why ? For what reason ? Why involve a meter reader to help you with the disposal of the body if this was to have been a big secret between father and daughter ? Why as the father would you insistently ask your daughter to speak with detectives, the FBI and other law enforcement in trying to locate this little child ? My mind is just blown by the actions of Casey Marie Anthony, her defense team, and the 12 person jury. I know what the law is and how it was read to the jury and how they were instructed to follow the letter of the law. I know what reasonable doubt is. I know that there are people who look at things as black and white. I also know that had there been a hung jury, then Casey could have been re-tried again at a later date. This would have given her defense team more time to ivestigate their "theories" and the prosecution more time to bring forth more evidence. If she had been found guilty, her defense team would have filed a motion for a mistrial. Either of these options would have served better then what was found by this jury. For now no one will be held responsible for the murder and disposal of this poor little child.
Now Casey Marie Anthony will be free tomorrow on July 6, 2011. She will be free to sell her story to the highest bidder. She will now profit from the murder of her daughter. Her meniachle smile will just get bigger as will her bank account. I will personally boycott any production company, publishing company or management team that supports her financialy in any way. I am also turning my disgust in this case into something more productive. In Caylee's memory I am volunteering my time to agencies that help and support children from domestic abuse. My prayer is Casey Anthony never births another child in her lifetime.
Vickster
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:13:33 AM

Thank you for your post...I too hope that she never births another child... and the people helping her win this case should be ashamed of themselves... but again.. the world is spiraling down a toilet faster and faster... sad how a child can be killed and nothing happens..... how can people just turn the other cheek when it comes to a child...
blue2
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:01:11 AM

Neurons: 23,044
I hadn't heard about the case until I saw this thread. Maybe it's just as well I didn't know. Spellcheck, reading those details make my stomach turn. Actually, I couldn't read it all. This woman would have to be seriously sick to exhibit such behaviour. No feelings for anything except her own enjoyment? Even if she really hadn't actually done it, her behaviour is sickening.
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:01:04 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Obviously the defence attorneys are going to get some stick. But it is well to remember that vigorous defences are key to an adversarial system, and the only real way to assure the overall integrity of the process. Remember that the defence attorneys are also Officers of the Court ; if the client at any time admits guilt they are bound by the canons to present that evidence. If the client maintains their innocence they are bound by those same canons to mount a vigorous defence to the charges, whatever their personal feelings might be. Theirs is not always an easy life either, especially with such an unsympathetic and apparently guilty client.
RuthP
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:21:03 PM

Neurons: 87,618
I agree with ex: We have an adversarial system of justice, not a consensus; the defense is supposed to fight.

It is necessary for the prosecution prove beyond a reasonable doubt the guilt of the defendant. They failed: it took only six or seven hours for the jury to come to a verdict.

Hard evidence was lacking, apparently due in large part to the state of decomposition. This does not mean there was evidence of foul play prior to decomposition. The evidence could also have been exculpatory.

A jury does not lightly make decisions like this. I was not on this jury. I did not sit in the courtroom. I do not consider twitter feed and public opinion to be the proper court in which to try a person. Her lifestyle is not a reason to convict her. Either we trust our system or we do not.
excaelis
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:06:32 PM

Neurons: 32,652
That being said, I think many ( including those on juries ) fail to distinguish adequately between " reasonable " doubt and " any " doubt. Saying that aliens did it ( for example ) is not a reasonable alternative theory of a crime.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:56:08 PM

Neurons: 598,978
We have had some similar cases here.
No doubt, if you believe the common opinion.
But if there is any doubt...
That's the law.

I read the Spellcheck's posting of this thing, and all the other's.
I can understand people get hot, like here when court decided to leave a case of a rapist because he was married and had a good job! Yes, you read this right.
memphis jailer
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 7:55:48 PM

Neurons: 1,311
leave a case? ... is that the same as dispose of a case?

also was the woman his wife or another?

and yes in all cases i've heard and seen things like that happen

we had a woman shoot her husband in the back while he was asleep and got off ... nothing
Rusty
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:21:16 AM

Neurons: 450
How did get off?? They did not have proof?
spellcheck
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 11:14:09 AM

Rusty wrote:
How did get off?? They did not have proof?

In the Casey Anthony Case, the prosecution could not prove HOW little Caylee died. The remains where not discovered for 5+ months. By this time much of the forensic and DNA evidence had been destroyed by decomposition and from the body having been in water several times during a particularly heavy hurricane season here in Florida. It has been said that the prosecution overreached in their charge of premeditation and perhaps should have just charged for manslaughter in the first. The death penalty is in place here in Florida and it is said the jury was finding it difficult to go with the guilty verdict knowing this. My problem is that they did not even find her guilty on one of the lesser 2 charges that were available. One of them being a child neglect/abuse charge. I can't understand how killing your child, leaving her in the trunk of your car for 3 days, dumping her little body in a swamp marsh and never reporting it to anyone is not a crime. I am a mother, I am an animal lover as well. I live in Florida. I know idiots are put in jail daily here for leaving their pets in their cars while they run into the grocery store. And I agree with that. But this woman faces no jail time. I just don't understand.