mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Hello Western World Options
oscarfanyun
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 6:37:15 AM

Neurons: 6
Hi there, any guys want to get some help in Chinese or feel interesting about China, please contact me, hope I can help!!
TheParser
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 8:28:04 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Hello,

Yes, I have a question.

I have read that in modern China, some young people no longer show respect to their elders.

When you are on a bus or on a subway train, do most young people still offer their seats to older people?

Thank you,

James
meredith zita
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:12:18 AM

Neurons: 61
TheParser wrote:
Hello,

Yes, I have a question.

I have read that in modern China, some young people no longer show respect to their elders.

When you are on a bus or on a subway train, do most young people still offer their seats to older people?

Thank you,
James

Well it depends. I live in Hong Kong and maybe foreigners have better manners then 'we' do, I don't know. Some of the young people in Hong Kong offer seats to needy, but I am afraid, not many. You often see young people pretend sleeping and play no attention to their circumstances. I have a feeling that family education has a lot to do it.
Romany
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:49:26 AM

Neurons: 57,303
Parser -

Hong Kong and Mainland China are very different and have evolved from different histories.

One example is that the so-called One Child Policy in mainland China has resulted in what is called "The Little Emperor" syndrome. One unfortunate result of this is that it is often adults who stand up for children!

One can board public transport in a plaster cast and bowed under the weight of parcels and packages but if you even look disapprovingly at the loutish youth who has slipped into the seat even as you are trying to lower yourself into it, everyone else in the vehicle will look at YOU disapprovingly. Adult women will often offer a seat to someone who seems to need it.

Adult males? Well, only on the rare days when hell freezes over.
kellywin
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:10:17 PM

Neurons: 18
Romany wrote:
Parser -

Hong Kong and Mainland China are very different and have evolved from different histories.

One example is that the so-called One Child Policy in mainland China has resulted in what is called "The Little Emperor" syndrome. One unfortunate result of this is that it is often adults who stand up for children!

One can board public transport in a plaster cast and bowed under the weight of parcels and packages but if you even look disapprovingly at the loutish youth who has slipped into the seat even as you are trying to lower yourself into it, everyone else in the vehicle will look at YOU disapprovingly. Adult women will often offer a seat to someone who seems to need it.

Great analyses, I even read it as an article. You know lots of Chinese politics and culture. Whistle

I always insist it is a trifle according to the degree of education. You know there are almost 1.4 billion people in this country and much fewer universities over it. The educational level of people different from each other obviously. For example, you can see "Mr. suited up" offering his seat to older people, younger people or pregrant people while middle-aged "Mrs. Illicated" spitting out of the window disapprovingly. Dancing

Although ,back to the theoretics, suited up is not the symbol of well-educated at all, I am only clearifying moroal is affected by lots aspects and there are 7 billion people with various ideology all over the world. People cannot be all kind or all bad this world, Neither do Chinese.

Glad to meet ya, bro.
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 4:48:50 PM

Neurons: 22,062
Thank you, everyone, for the interesting replies.

I asked that question because I have read that the Chinese government is so concerned about the lack of "traditionally good manners" that it is even encouraging the study of Confucian ethics.

Maybe the Chinese should start bowing more again. That might remind people to be more courteous.

James
timbuys
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:16:38 PM

Neurons: 135
Hello and yes I have a question.

What is the Chinese view of Americans and our politicians.

Honest and truthful answers are always welcome.

I don't bite Angel
kellywin
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:28:25 PM

Neurons: 18
timbuys wrote:
Hello and yes I have a question.

What is the Chinese view of Americans and our politicians.

Honest and truthful answers are always welcome.

I don't bite Angel

Individually different, you konw, different people has different views toward the same thing. In my opinion, I like US cultures, US politicians and Americans. You know this, with the development of consciousness, we chinese know the world better and deeper, we are not emerged in goverment's opinion. We started to find the special way to analyse the foreign imformations.
In conclusion, as a chinese, I like the US style, even more, I am attracted toward it.
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:47:18 PM

Neurons: 39,933
Hello Kelly,

My question to you is, what foreign web sites are censored, and is AFD ever censored?
almostfreebird
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:23:57 AM

Neurons: 7,024

Tovarish wrote:
Hello Kelly,

My question to you is, what foreign web sites are censored, and is AFD ever censored?

You mean TFD?

jacobusmaximus
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:05:37 AM

Neurons: 625,347
kellywin wrote:
Romany wrote:
Parser -

Great analyses, I even read it as an article. You know lots of Chinese politics and culture. Whistle

I always insist it is a trifle according to the degree of education. You know there are almost 1.4 billion people in this country and much fewer universities over it. The educational level of people different from each other obviously. For example, you can see "Mr. suited up" offering his seat to older people, younger people or pregrant people while middle-aged "Mrs. Illicated" spitting out of the window disapprovingly. Dancing

Although ,back to the theoretics, suited up is not the symbol of well-educated at all, I am only clearifying moroal is affected by lots aspects and there are 7 billion people with various ideology all over the world. People cannot be all kind or all bad this world, Neither do Chinese.

Glad to meet ya, bro.

I was sitting on a bus going through the Hong Kong New Territories one hot, humid day. All the bus windows were open, as normal on such a day. The Chinese man in front of me turned and spat a great gob out of the window. The wind blew it back through my window on to my face and neck. I remember clearly that he was a 'suited' gentleman of middle-age, educated well enough to apologise in good English.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:09:03 AM

Neurons: 39,933
Sorry, I got dyslectic again, TFD.
Jacklynembrey
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 5:18:51 AM

Neurons: 33
What do the Chinese call kwai-tsze, or "quick little fellows?