mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the... Options
Daemon
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 94,704
People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained.

Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)
KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:49:53 AM

Neurons: 4,361,894
Quotation of the Day

People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained.

KSPavan
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:51:20 AM

Neurons: 4,361,894
Jerome K. Jerome/Quotes
I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen.
It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar.
It is so pleasant to come across people more stupid than ourselves. We love them at once for being so.
The weather is like the government, always in the wrong.
But there, everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.
It is in our faults and failings, not in our virtues, that we touch each other, and find sympathy. It is in our follies that we are one.
I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed.
We are so bound together that no man can labor for himself alone. Each blow he strikes in his own behalf helps to mold the universe.
What I am looking for is a blessing not in disguise.
Gestan
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:01:55 AM

Neurons: 10,655

Bully_rus
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:01:09 PM

Neurons: 317,333
Daemon wrote:

As McDonald's case shows, cheapness and easiness are not always the best choices - even if we dismiss conscience as an outmoded luxury.
monamagda
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:18:05 PM

Neurons: 6,517,328
Context from:Three Men in a Boat - (to Say Nothing of the Dog)

Chapter X

For five-and-thirty minutes not a sound was heard throughout the length and breadth of that boat, save the clank of cutlery and crockery, and the steady grinding of four sets of molars. At the end of five-and-thirty minutes, Harris said, "Ah!" and took his left leg out from under him and put his right one there instead.

Five minutes afterwards, George said, "Ah!" too, and threw his plate out on the bank; and, three minutes later than that, Montmorency gave the first sign of contentment he had exhibited since we had started, and rolled over on his side, and spread his legs out; and then I said, "Ah!" and bent my head back, and bumped it against one of the hoops, but I did not mind it. I did not even swear.

How good one feels when one is full - how satisfied with ourselves and with the world! People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained. One feels so forgiving and generous after a substantial and well-digested meal - so noble-minded, so kindly-hearted.

Read more :http://www.literaturepage.com/read/threemeninaboat-96.html

mudbudda669
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:34:55 PM

Neurons: 407,461
Applause
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:10:29 PM

Neurons: 1,996,564
Love this writer.
Verbatim
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:58:14 PM

Neurons: 248,312
Daemon wrote:

Not to speak of the stomach's unique self-cleaning feature; should conscience become suddenly obscured
by guilt there is nothing to "turn it" for a quick relief.
kitman
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:25:52 AM

Neurons: 590
Stunning writer.