mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Bye Bye Bin Laden! Options
HWNN1961
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 11:01:01 PM

Neurons: 9,763
They got him.

Finally.

A CIA operation, likely in Pakistan, the details are still being filled in, the President is due to speak any minute. Yes, Johnny, the CIA did it. And I'm damn glad they did.

Personally, I'd have preferred that the murderer was taken alive, made to face trial, wait for his date with the noose. Still, dead will do.

Finally retribution for the death of 3,000 innocents.

Memo to Moammar: you're next buddy!

boneyfriend
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 11:12:45 PM

Neurons: 10,546
I'm so pleased to know that it was an on ground shoot. Didn't know we were still trying for that. At least that is how I understood it. They say it ends an era. And a good era to end.
kitten
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 11:27:00 PM

Neurons: 7,420
Thank you HWNN,

Ya go out to get your free coffee and a glass of iced peach tea........gone for twenty minutes and come back to this.

I await, President Obama's speech.

peace out, >^,,^<
wercozy
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 11:44:13 PM

Neurons: 3,480
I hope it hurt!

How on earth did he receive dialysis all these years without getting caught? Didn't any one want the $26 million dollar reward?
kitten
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 1:21:38 AM

I am going to say that I am very proud of the way we respect the religion of others even if they choose to skew their own religion.

There are people of the Islamic faith who are making sure that, Usuma bin-Laden's, body is treated the way with respects to his religion. That says a great deal for all those involved.

History tells us he/they would have been paraded behind the victors, their heads may have been cut off and placed on stakes, their bodies destroyed.

His body, it is said, is being treated with the respect. Thank goodness for people who believe and have respect for those not of their faith.

peace out, >^,,^<
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 2:29:13 AM

Neurons: 39,933
What can we say????? So many people dead, and from well before 9/11.

There is no statute of limitations on murder.

He wasn't living in a hole in the rock face after all but in a mansion, sounds familiar?
TYSON
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 2:59:02 AM

Neurons: 3,793
Familliar? What other mansion(s) do you refer to?
Also, its a shame Bin Laden is dead. I think I had him for Kris Kringle this year.

Tovarish
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 3:04:36 AM

The poverty in Iraq, while Hussein lived in multiple Palaces.

The palaces of the now deposed ruler of Egypt, while their standard of living is appalling.

That is just off the top of my head, but there are many more Tyson.

'Let then eat cake' didnt go down too well the first time around.
TYSON
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 3:07:03 AM

Neurons: 3,793
Oh, THOSE mansions.
Well, we can thank the US for putting Hussein in power in the first place.

Off the topic, but Ive read the "let them eat cake" quote is false.
kitten
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 3:29:21 AM

It has now been announced that, Usuma bin-Laden, has been buried at sea. According to the rights and beliefs of the Islamic religion. The whereabouts are unknown.

On a side note I don't think it was necessary to post the above picture. Our government hasn't even put forth a picture as they are deciding whether it could possibly be used to incite others/followers to come to out and hurt the Pakistani people, the Americans and all those whom they consider infidels.

This is a time to be careful not care free.

peace out,
JohnnyBeGood
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 3:55:16 AM

Neurons: 351
Why were they in such a hurry to perform the last rites? Do we have a picture of his body? Or better still, why didn't they make a video after the operation? So far only his face can be seen.
Also, can DNA tests be carried out so quickly? I am not sure.
Rusty
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 3:57:56 AM

Neurons: 450
Well congratulations to all. Finally.
Where did you get that picture from wercozy? Have they released some photographs?
Hiding in a military town? Pretty unbelievable, huh?
kitten
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 4:40:37 AM

JohnnyBeGood wrote:
Why were they in such a hurry to perform the last rites? Do we have a picture of his body? Or better still, why didn't they make a video after the operation? So far only his face can be seen.
Also, can DNA tests be carried out so quickly? I am not sure.

According to Islamic tradition a body is to be buried within twenty-four hours. That is their religious law.

Knowing our government and the Navy Seals, there are pictures, videos, DNA and all that is necessary to provide the information if needed. I have been aware of a DNA match that took, I think, three days but I don't remember where this took place. I don't know if it can be done in twenty-four hours as well.Think

It has been alleged that the order for this went out on Friday the 29th at 4:00pm eastern time. This was after William and Catherine's wedding and most of those festivities had come to a close. We don't actually know when he was killed and they aren't saying who actually executed the fatal shot, no pun intended but it was alleged to have been an American shooter.

They have allegedly showed the USB compound and they say it took forty minutes to complete the job. That is tight timing. I believe this also means that our people had to hide in plain sight.

I have never believed he was living in a cave. I believe he set us up or rather reporters and those who inspected the background of his videos to see what rocks were behind him so that we believed he was out in the wild.

He was out in the open. First rule of hiding. Hide in plain sight. That is what animals do they change themselves to blend in or if you are human you go to a large community and blend in. Even if blending in is in a mansion, and whilst he may have had a mansion he was in a large city a very large city.

It is alleged he used a woman as a shield and that one of his sons also died. The information about his son has not been repeated.

Again, our government has not released any pictures and I am in California. They, as of 1:28 am, are still discussing whether this will happen.

Again, this is a time to be cautious. If you are a leader you make plans for your death. This isn't a cake-walk. We still need to be cautious and careful. This is just my opinion but something I strongly believe.

peace out, >^,,^<

Etcheparre
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 4:49:09 AM

Neurons: 1,925
kitten wrote:
[color=blue]It has now been announced that, Usuma bin-Laden, has been buried at sea according to the rights and beliefs of the Islamic religion. The whereabouts are unknown.

From my understanding, and according to French news, he was buried at sea.
Epiphileon
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 5:17:59 AM

Neurons: 166,581
Good riddance to a truly evil individual.
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 5:20:56 AM

Maybe it was scones Tyson???

Yes some decisions come back to bite you on the arse.

Same as funding Bin Laden to fight the Russians.

I heard the buried at sea thing too, hope they got DNA.
Joseph Glantz
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 5:46:28 AM

Neurons: 6,040
Mazel Tov.
intelfam
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 5:46:42 AM

Neurons: 3,284
kitten wrote:

This is a time to be careful not care free.

I see where you're going with this kitten

What now?
Etcheparre
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 6:06:33 AM

Neurons: 1,925
A BBC blunder which made me chuckle

srirr
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 6:14:23 AM

Neurons: 484,288
lol. Etcheparre, the news correspondent or the online editor must be overwhelmed with joy when they were posting this article.
mailady
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 6:59:09 AM

Neurons: 2,752
I really did not want to see the photo. I wish there had been a warning.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 7:27:13 AM

Neurons: 594,898
They just told in the news (France 24) that pic was a photoshopped fake.
tootsie
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 7:31:19 AM

Neurons: 23,730
mailady wrote:
I really did not want to see the photo. I wish there had been a warning.

I agree, it could at least have been put in a link, so people had a choice whether they wanted to see it or not. I have a feeling the admins will remove it, even if it is fake.
uuaschbaer
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 7:51:11 AM

Neurons: 6,180
Excuse me for it but I have to interject that objecting to people sharing a nasty violent image that is relevant does not make one seem the sensitive and caring person one might wishes to be seen as in the same way that objecting to obscenities does not show outstanding decency.
mllwpbfl
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 7:58:10 AM

Neurons: 48
Yes, Obama is dead but... I'm concerned about the chanting and celebration outside the White House last night over the killing of another human being. I understand that his death was necessary to bring justice to the lives of those who died on September 11.
But how are we different from the thousands of people around the world who celebrated after the Twin Towers were hit?
President Obama said: "His demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity." Yes, I believe in peace and human dignity, but I don't believe the only way to do so is by celebrating Osama's death and dancing on his grave...
uuaschbaer
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 8:03:00 AM

Neurons: 6,180
mllwpbfl wrote:
But how are we different from the thousands of people around the world who celebrated after the Twin Towers were hit?

This is simply too easy to answer: they were celebrating the murder of some 3000 innocent people, we are celebrating the death of a murderer of about 3000 innocent people.
richsap
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 8:24:12 AM

Neurons: 1,510
Forgive my insensitivity, but I was hoping that since they buried him at sea they at least had the forethought to dump his body in FRONT of the prop. Sorry if this seems disrespectful, but so does the killing of innocents for a cause.
JohnnyBeGood
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 8:52:40 AM

Is the picture fake? It has been all over the news though. I found somewhere that this picture had been seen earlier, but even that can be easily photoshopped as well.
@ kitten, while I agree with all your points, I heard the mansion had some special properties (like really tall walls or something). Also, the building was reportedly very close to some Pakistani military building/headquarter. There is a lot that one could make of that, but of course everything is subject to speculation at this stage.
As far as I am concerned, I have even read that he has been dead for several years now. I don't know what is true.
By the way, I think Abbottabad is a small city. However, it is very beautiful. At the risk of digression, let me post this link. Please check out the pictures of the place.
http://pakistan-travel.blogspot.com/2010/04/abbottabad.html

It is interesting to note that the news of Osama's death in Pakistan comes close on the heels of the United States condemning the ISI.

However, I don't think there was anything wrong in giving the picture. But that's my own opinion.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:15:53 AM

Neurons: 594,898
Maybe that pic should have been put in link, with warning, whether it is fake or not.

Some captures from BBC News live:

"Palestinian militant group Hamas have condemned the killing of Bin Laden, Reuters reports, calling it the "assassination" of an 'Arab holy warrior'."

"More on the Taliban threat. Ehsanullah Ehsan, a spokesman for Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), or Taliban Movement of Pakistan, told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location: "Now Pakistani rulers, [Pakistani President Asif Ali] Zardari and the army will be our first targets. America will be our second target."

"In the last half hour the FBI has updated Bin Laden's profile to "deceased" on its Most Wanted website."

MTC
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:29:55 AM

Neurons: 8,606
The long-hoped-for vendetta is over; Bin Laden is dead. But while America wipes the blood off its righteous sword, remember that Terrorism is not dead. It will continue to haunt us, especially in our airports, subways, and public places. Terrorism will always be the tactic of misguided fanatics who see themselves as disenfranchised. Like a stubborn weed, Terrorism can be reduced, but never completely eliminated. It grows best in the soil of bitter discontentment. Our success depends greatly on the outcome of the "Arab Spring," on whether Democracy eventually gets a foothold in the Middle East. In democracies, the groups that make up terrorists will have to exchange their bombs for ballots. I am hopeful because Terrorism does not provide an alternative to fair and just government or distribution of wealth. The masses protesting across the Middle East want a chance for a better life that Terrorism cannot provide.
kingfisher
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:34:41 AM

Neurons: 633
mllwpbfl wrote:
Yes, Obama is dead but... I'm concerned about the chanting and celebration outside the White House last night over the killing of another human being. I understand that his death was necessary to bring justice to the lives of those who died on September 11.
President Obama said: "His demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity." Yes, I believe in peace and human dignity, but I don't believe the only way to do so is by celebrating Osama's death and dancing on his grave...

Endorse.

I can't be happy about the death of anybody, not even Osama bin Laden.
JohnnyBeGood
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:36:13 AM

Osama bin Laden corpse photo is fake
The original pictures which were morphed are also given in the link.
The question about DNA still stands though.
wercozy
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:37:55 AM

Neurons: 3,480
Buried at sea... how respectful of his body when he was so disrespectful of his own Muslim kin.

JohnnyBeGood, "However, I don't think there was anything wrong in giving the picture. But that's my own opinion." There's a particular individual who doesn't like anything I post and finds fault with every thing I write. I believe it's called 'flaming' and it goes against TOS.

JJ is correct. The photo is a fake. Notice how dark the hair is compared to the ghostly images a few years before his death. This is a great learning experience: how to spot a fake.
jmacann
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:40:16 AM

Neurons: 3,887
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
They just told in the news (France 24) that pic was a photoshopped fake.

Very likely...
JohnnyBeGood
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:43:42 AM

kingfisher wrote:

I can't be happy about the death of anybody, not even Osama bin Laden.

I would be very happy about the punishment/death of those responsible for the deaths of innocents. I don't think Osama, if at all, was the only one involved in such deaths, though. And I am not talking about his guilty compatriots or religious fundamentalists only.