Re: Donald J. Rump Options
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:15:07 AM

Neurons: 1,362,725
"Maybe those 2nd amendment people can do something about it."
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:19:22 AM

Neurons: 666,639
For some reason I doubt he'll have trouble accepting the results of the election now.

He's not alone, though. Nigel Farage said he'd call for a second Brexit referendum if the Leave camp lost with a 52 - 48 split, claiming it too narrow a margin to count. But that was all forgotten when he won by a 52 - 48 split.

Funny how that goes.
Listening . . .
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 6:16:47 AM

Neurons: 3,950
He's not the big, bad wolf. Time for all Hillary supporters to act like they would have wanted Trump supporters to behave today. It's a hard pill to swallow when your candidate loses but we are all in this together.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 6:52:31 AM

Listening . . . wrote:
"He's not the big, bad wolf. Time for all Hillary supporters to act like they would have wanted Trump supporters to behave today. It's a hard pill to swallow when your candidate loses but we are all in this together."

Oh? The neonazis seem pretty pleased. That should be a foreboding in itself.

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=286967&page=150

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=476871

These people have their heads so far up their ass all they can see is crap.
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 7:15:30 AM

Listening . . . wrote:
He's not the big, bad wolf. Time for all Hillary supporters to act like they would have wanted Trump supporters to behave today. It's a hard pill to swallow when your candidate loses but we are all in this together.

I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck. There are surprisingly few actual Hillary supporters; they're mainly anti-Trump. And I don't think their sentiments are going to change any time soon.
Listening . . .
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:20:20 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
Listening . . . wrote:

I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck. There are surprisingly few actual Hillary supporters; they're mainly anti-Trump. And I don't think their sentiments are going to change any time soon.

Either way...
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:50:51 AM

I agree that everyone's in this together and should stand together. I fail to see, however, how Trump is going to make that happen. The man's entire discourse is based on pulling people apart, except for the few people who belong to his ideal America. Or maybe he'll unite everyone by shouting about just punching protesters until those with a different opinion decide not to risk it anymore.

But hey, at least Trump's got the clear support of dictators, racists, misogynists and terrorists worldwide.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:10:12 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
But hey, at least Trump's got the clear support of dictators, racists, misogynists and terrorists worldwide.

Indeed!

World reacts to Donald Trump's election win

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-reacts-to-stunning-election-uncertainity/
Listening . . .
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:30:19 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
I agree that everyone's in this together and should stand together. I fail to see, however, how Trump is going to make that happen. The man's entire discourse is based on pulling people apart, except for the few people who belong to his ideal America. Or maybe he'll unite everyone by shouting about just punching protesters until those with a different opinion decide not to risk it anymore.

I am none of those you list in your last sentence. Trump is not the big bad wolf. It's time for the voters of Hillary to behave in the way they wanted Trump voters to behave today. No more Grouch, Oscar. : )
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:36:27 AM

I never said you were. It's strange that you automatically assume you are lumped in there with them. The only thing you have in common is that you are also a Trump supporter.

I mention it because it should give you pause to think about what happened. About what the man you voted for really stands for and what he brings out in people.
Listening . . .
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:47:32 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
I never said you were. It's strange that you automatically assume you are lumped in there with them. The only thing you have in common is that you are also a Trump supporter.

I mention it because it should give you pause to think about what happened. About what the man you voted for really stands for and what he brings out in people.

Ahhhh. I assumed your list was exhaustive of Trump supporters. Please add to your list "Americans who don't want an apologizing nanny government and want to work for their success and not be given a government handout."

Trump is not the big bad wolf. He is a politically unpolished citizen who is in touch with the voices of the unheard - as mentioned by Tuna in another thread. If the Hillary voters will give him a chance, I think he will surprise them.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:14:58 AM

Neurons: 224,906
I really am (not surprised) disappointed in the comments here.

Listening seems to assume that anyone who has anything bad to say about Trump is a "Hilary supporter".

Oscar seems to think that anyone who doesn't like Clinton is some sort of monster.

These two were the worst possible candidates, foisted off on the American people somehow.

Of the American citizens I've actually spoken to (probably about fifty in total), three thought Trump was great, four liked Hilary Clinton - the rest seemed to think they were both terrible, and would have liked a candidate who seemed to be willing to put forward policies which would help America (as a whole).
TazDvl
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:18:12 AM

Neurons: 13,766
Just because some of "us" are against Trump doesn't mean we're automatically pro Hillary, to some of us, neither was a good choice, so no choice was made. We are still allowed to voice our opinions no matter who won. In my eyes, Trump is a more "knee-jerk" reactionary, let's just hope he is surrounded my level-headed people and who will stop him from doing anything stupid.
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:24:18 AM

Listening . . . wrote:
Ahhhh. I assumed your list was exhaustive of Trump supporters. Please add to your list "Americans who don't want an apologizing nanny government and want to work for their success and not be given a government handout."

I could also add "People who got conned into voting for Trump", "People who got pressured into voting for Trump", "People who voted Trump only because they don't like Hillary", "People who are fed up with the system and want to vote for the biggest ticking time bomb they could find this election" and no doubt a couple more varieties of Trump supporters. It's a wide spectrum, to be sure.

The "Americans who don't want an apologizing nanny government and want to work for their success and not be given a government handout" can also be found among the Hillary supporters. But I wasn't discussing them nor is this thread about Hillary.

Listening . . . wrote:
Trump is not the big bad wolf. He is a politically unpolished citizen who is in touch with the voices of the unheard - as mentioned by Tuna in another thread. If the Hillary voters will give him a chance, I think he will surprise them.

Trump is indeed in touch with the voices of the unheard - as I supported Tuna in the other thread. He's a symbol of many tendencies within people (both in America and beyond), many of which are far from healthy. If you choose to see him as a symbol of success without handouts, I'm not sure you see Trump for who he is - then again, I guess there's few politicians who would fit the bill.

Trump as president sends a message to the people of America and the world. He shows people it's ok to disrespect others, especially if they don't have your kind of money. He shows people it's ok to bend the tax system so you profit and other people have to pick up the slack, all the while you sit on your pile of money and take away medical support from those who need it. He shows people it's ok to insult others when you're upset (Quite different rhetoric from your request to Hillary voters to be respectful. They have to behave but your own elected president is exempt from that duty, apparently). He shows people it's ok to shout and never provide facts or policies. He shows people it's ok to think about molesting women. He shows people it's a blemish on your reputation if your husband cheats on you, but it's ok for a husband to cheat. He shows people it's ok to judge women as worthy solely based on their appearance. He shows people it's ok to discriminate people based on their religion or country of origin.

You may claim that he will no longer show this behaviour now that he's been elected, but I doubt it. In all the years he's been in the news, he hasn't changed.

He's used to being in power and having money, and now America has given him the biggest possible justification to continue as he is. And with that, it's given itself the biggest justification to behave just like him.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:35:58 AM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Oscar seems to think that anyone who doesn't like Clinton is some sort of monster.

Please don't make assumptions about what I think. For the record, I think Hilary should have divorced Bill a long time ago. But my vote doesn't count. I also think that voting for Hilary was a bit like accidentally hitting your thumb with a hammer. It hurts for a few days and the nail might fall off, but it eventually heals. However, voting for Rump is like playing russian roulette with a semi-automatic. It's guaranteed to be devastating.

I have Rump supporters in my own family. I consider them good people. However, as far as Rump is concerned, they are ignorant, perhaps willfully so. Some justified their support by saying that they were voting for the party and not the man. This is naive and foolish at best. They say politics makes strange bedfellows. They are now in bed with the nazis and the kkk and are contaminated by Rump's poisonous Kool-Aid. This brings me grave sadness.
TL Hobs
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 12:34:24 PM

Neurons: 6,101

We must let the cards fall where they lay. However, I wonder if the Trump supporters and GOP leadership really believe that Mr. Trump will actually listen to anything they say? His actions during the campaign were to strike out at anyone who contradicted him and seek some form of revenge. If he continues, now that he has the office, I expect Paul Ryan and many others fear retribution. Time will tell.

My hope is that he doesn't cause irreversible harm to the US and the world. As was the case with GW Bush/Cheney, millions of people have died or suffered as a result of their bad decisions to invade Iraq.

The potential for harm being done is even greater now that one political party, GOP, has control of all three branches of our government. I believe that is our greatest danger to democracy. I do not want any political party to have this power. The GOP's penchant for voter suppression, gerrymandering voter districts, and Jim Crow politics makes this threat even greater.

My hope now is that Mr. Trump will take a long vacation and get some much needed rest, for at least the next 4 years. He will do less harm that way.
Romany
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:28:16 PM

Neurons: 56,028

Yes. To-day marked a shift throughout the whole world. People are in shock: the American people have voted in a man who wants to take the whole world back through decades whose values have been shown to be unacceptable. We've fought hard for a world where peace came to be seen to be the most productive, economically viable;goal to strive for. Where the concept of equality is the default position. And where 52% of the population do not believe the world is 5,000years old.

Our knowledge and capabilities are exploding all around us. We are learning so much on a daily basis.

The knowledge that 52% of the population of a country are out of step with the rest of the developed world troubles many, but the knowledge that enough people in a country as militarily over-burdened as the United States could knowingly choose to bring Trump to power...well at the moment, people everywhere are in shock.

The day this person takes his Oath the future of every person in the world is in jeapordy.

So no. We are not, I don't think, going to sit down and shut up while the President of the United States is a threat to World Peace.

MelissaMe
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:54:18 PM

Neurons: 347,528
Romany wrote:
Yes. To-day marked a shift throughout the whole world. People are in shock: the American people have voted in a man who wants to take the whole world back through decades whose values have been shown to be unacceptable. We've fought hard for a world where peace came to be seen to be the most productive, economically viable;goal to strive for. Where the concept of equality is the default position. And where 52% of the population do not believe the world is 5,000years old.

Our knowledge and capabilities are exploding all around us. We are learning so much on a daily basis.

The knowledge that 52% of the population of a country are out of step with the rest of the developed world troubles many, but the knowledge that enough people in a country as militarily over-burdened as the United States could knowingly choose to bring Trump to power...well at the moment, people everywhere are in shock.

The day this person takes his Oath the future of every person in the world is in jeapordy.

So no. We are not, I don't think, going to sit down and shut up while the President of the United States is a threat to World Peace.

tunaafi
Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 4:27:05 PM

Neurons: 53,503
Romany wrote:
We are not, I don't think, going to sit down and shut up while the President of the United States is a threat to World Peace.

Who is 'we', Rom?

Are 'we' (whoever 'we' are) going to tell Americans that 'we' don't approve, and that they must go back and change their minds? Whether 'we' like it or not, American voters have legally and constitutionally elected him.

'Our' opposition to people 'we' don't like (but whose followers do like them ) has done nothing to stop Erdoğan becoming both more powerful and more popular in Turkey or, Putin doing the same in Russia. Until 'we' start listening to the voices of the people who believe that the Trumps. Le Pens, Putins and Erdoğans can remove the cause of their fears, 'we' are never going to be in a position to do anything but whinge.
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:55:44 AM

It's always worth it to listen to the ordinary people of America and their fears. In that light, I'd like to share some thoughts from one of those people:

Quote:
“I covered a lot of Trump rallies as a journalist. I didn’t feel any hatred. People were more curious than anything. I was never assaulted. I felt like most people were just supporting him because he wasn’t part of the establishment. Or because they were tired of politics. But it was confusing. Because even though I didn’t feel like they hated me, these people were supporting someone who said I should be banned from the country. Even the father of one of my best friends supports Trump. This man had me over to his house. I went to Thanksgiving with him. My friend asked him: ‘Dad, how can you support that man? Our friend Zahra is a Muslim.’ He told her: ‘Don’t worry. He won’t do everything that he says.’ Today has been difficult. These last few weeks, it was mostly speculation. There was suspicion that most Americans supported him but I could hope that it was wrong. But now that hope is gone. And I have to feel differently. I have to feel like maybe most Americans don’t want me here. And I feel like no matter how hard I try, I’ll never be part of the community. And even if they’re friendly to me, or if they invite me to Thanksgiving, deep down they believe that America is a country that belongs to white people.”

From Source.
tunaafi
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2016 4:51:23 PM

Neurons: 53,503
Romany wrote:
52% of the population of a country are out of step with the rest of the developed world

Would that that were so. The growth in the support for anti-immigrant, implicitly racist parties across most of Europe is as disturbing to me as Trump's success in the USA.

52% rings a bell. Ah, yes. It was the percentage of British voters who voted for Brexit; 52% who voted to stop free immigration from mainland Europe; 52% who thought that British interests were far more important than European cooperation. Yes, I knew that percentage meant something to British people, not just Americans.

If there were a general election in the UK tomorrow, don't you think UKIP would show a dramatic increase in the number of votes it got?
Hope123
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2016 6:13:01 PM

Neurons: 53,317
I always knew there was a lot more corruption in America but until Progpen and others
started pointing it out and I did research I didn't realize that corrupt practices ran so deep in the US.

Tuna, yes, unfortunately people are often followers and dissent spreads. Trumpism has spread up here in Canada recently.

With the world population exploding and limited resources and land for which to compete, dissatisfaction is probably only going to get worse.

There were threats of revolution with guns if Trump lost and Trump himself would not commit to accepting the outcome. I guess the election wasn't rigged after all - and he had no trouble accepting the outcome. lol Whistle I'm not sure what would have happened with those protesters either.

Obama is always a statesman. As expected Hillary and Obama were very warm and gracious in welcoming Trump. That is how it should be. The protesters should follow their lead, and accept it. And the anti Hillary people online should stop their vitriol now. She lost.

It is the unknown in life that gets us - and what Trump decides to do any one day is very unknown. But - Life goes on. It will probably not be as bad as some expect, nor as good the others expect.

However, I said on another thread, as long as the protesters do their protesting peacefully, I will always defend their right to do so. Freedom of speech is to be cherished. Today we are remembering and thanking many men and women who gave their lives so we have that right.

Maybe some of the countries with dissatisfied people should look to countries who are continuously on the ten happiest countries list and see what they are doing and why their citizens are happy.

You'll be surprised what the reasons are on the first link. (well maybe not surprised - it is what many are fighting for)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/22/denmark-happiest-country_n_4070761.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report