mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
‘Dr. Oz Show’ Edits Out Donald Trump Comment About Kissing Daughter Ivanka Options
Chazlee
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:56:52 PM

Neurons: 4,214
America's most famous creepy daddy, Mr. Donald J. Trump, has said a lot of weird/strange things about his eldest daughter, Ivanka. (For some unknown reason he seems to be less "interested" in his youngest daughter, Tiffany. I have no idea why). Well, recently Trump went on a television show, and made some statements which made many other fathers all over the world cringe.

"Donald Trump’s favorite physician, Dr. Mehmet Oz, is under fire after producers edited out a joke made by the GOP nominee about how much he loves kissing his daughter Ivanka. According to MSNBC’s Peter Alexander, when Ivanka came on to the show during Wednesday’s taping, her father greeted her with a kiss… to which Dr. Oz said something along the lines of, “It’s nice to see a dad kiss his daughter.” That was all it took for The Donald to give everyone the heebie-jeebies, telling the audience he kisses her every chance he gets."

Ok, now I have to admit that Ivanka certainly is an attractive lady. (That is until she starts talking about how her dad is going to fix America). Still, something is wrong here. Trump has talked about dating Ivanka.

And he has said the following about his feelings if she posed in Playboy.

“It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine,” he said. “I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure,” adding that, “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Now he admits that he never passes up the chance to pucker up and plant a wet, "fatherly" kiss on his daughter. While I do understand his feelings toward Ivanka, I am not her father and she is not my daughter.

America's most famous creepy daddy has had the pleasure of knowing many women in his lifetime. Some of them he has married. Still, there is a line he should not cross, and he should never speak about wanting to cross that line. When he does, it does not make him charming. It does not make him interesting. It does not make him funny. It certainly does not make him seem as if he would be a good president.

Instead, it makes him look like what he is: America's most famous creepy daddy.

Peace.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-oz-show-edits-creepy-donald-trump-kissing-202328937.html
Peter O'Connor - Dundalk
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:17:38 PM

Neurons: 909,036
In the rest of the world we see this as a test of American intelligence. So far, not so good.
Must do better. Brick wall
keangal
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:23:54 PM

Neurons: 338,306
Sad
Shulamit
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:57:28 AM

Neurons: 48,633
My question continues to nag at me. Why is it that the press doesn't jump all over these things? The "fatherly" attitude Trump exhibits about Avanka is nothing short of incestuous. It's ugly. It's creepy. It's damaging to a child.

Certainly the media would swarm, sting and try to kill Hillary Clinton if she made even half of such a gaff. For some reason, Trump is off limits for that sort of treatment.

He is being sued, I believe, for molesting (even forcing sex) on a minor, then threatening her not to tell, ever ever ever, because he could easily make her disappear, or make her parents disappear. There are corroborating stories and witnesses. The story broke and seems not to have been picked up. It died down. Why?

He has a past filled with shady business dealings, falsifying tax returns, hiring illegals and paying them below minimum wage, refuses to release his tax returns like every other candidate in recent memory (actually in not so recent memory), going bankrupt as a means of making money and to hell with the people being burned. It's been shown conclusively that he used campaign funds meant to help him get elected to finance some perks, vacations, treats for his family and himself. The press didn't grill him about it. The story came and went.

This is probably only the tip of the iceberg. Yet he's not being called out on all this. The press lets him off without cross examination of such obvious lies and inconsistencies that it makes the head spin.

Is there any question but that Clinton would be hounded mercilessly with lawsuits, headlines, innuendo, special investigations etc. if there were even a whiff of a fraction of these infractions? And the stories would never go away. They'd hammer at these stories incessantly until damage had been sufficiently done. So why not Trump?

And the headlines about the horserace are slanted strangely to cast Clinton's outstanding lead in the polls as losing. Today, I read in a local paper the headline that Hillary Clinton is losing her lead, "even in the very blue state of ....," but only a paragraph into the article itself, the headline is revealed to mislead, as Clinton is still 17 points ahead of Trump. The catch is that since the awful awful awful insult of having pneumonia (and recovering quickly) and the, "deplorables", comment, her lead slipped (and this is temporary of course, because the public memory is like that of a goldfish's: about 3 seconds) from 24 points to 17. A 17 point lead is astonishingly positive for any candidate, but the wording framed the story as a loss for her and, hence, a gain for him.

So what gives?

I really would like to know, though I have my suspicions. Suspicions are, generally speaking, suspicious, so what do others think?

I ask this without trying to convert anyone to anything. It is a puzzle that can be examined for answers without regard to preferences in the candidates. It says a lot about something. What is that something?
mactoria
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:29:41 AM

Neurons: 1,761,323
Missed the part about the question if Ivanka ever posed in Playboy....I would think most fathers would be unhappy if their daughters posed in Playboy --- in the inside naked or barely clothed section. Some fathers might be open-minded enough to just shrug and accept their daughers' decision to do this. But a politician --- and despite Trump's early claim he wasn't a politician, he is now and is acting like one ---- would be unhappy to have a daughter (or son) posing naked or barely clothed in a magazine. And the remark about his daughter's figure is icky, creepy, etc. An average, normal father doesn't say things like that about his own daughter. America is still a pretty prudish society, and someone who is or wants to be president doesn't want such an embarrassing thing available to the public. A remark along the lines of Trump being proud of Ivanka whatever she did and leave it at that, would be far less icky and cringe-inducing. But then, Trump's current wife, Melania, posed naked in a magazine years ago and Trump says he's okay with that...now that it's done, not too much he can say I suppose, but a wife's life before he married her is different than a father's thoughts about his daughter....admiring her body/figure instead of just acknowledging she's a lovely person seems creepy.

As for the way Trump kisses his daughter and even put his hands around her hips on stage at the RNC in July, it's all kind of icky. Whatever happened to a nice loving hug around the shoulders and back? Holding a grown daughter by her hips is really kind of odd, much more of what happens between a man and woman/husband and wife. Some cultures have different traditions about how they kiss their family members (e.g. some are big into kissing both cheeks), but Trump's kisses with Ivanka are a little too much of the romantic kind, and less of the fatherly pecks that Americans expect. I think it's going too far to suggest anything weird in the family between father and kids, but his over-touchiness and over-familiarity with his daughter Ivanka does cause a lot of us to cringe. Wonder how it makes Ivanka feel? If she's okay with it, then I guess it's none of my business...although Trump is now a very public figure, potentially (gasp) a president, and what he's modeling as to how fathers and daughters touch/kiss each other is certainly different, and not like the majority of father-daughter interactions.

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:50:58 AM

Neurons: 55,556
This article might explain why the press yawns over his wife's stark naked public pix, public naked pix of the woman who would become First Lady, or the comments he makes about his daughter and how he likes to kiss her. When I defended him, I had thought his comment about dating her was a one-off, but it isn't. He objectifies her the same as he does all women. He's become the "Daddy Alpha" - You have to read the whole article about a "Playboy for President" in order to make sense of the quotes. (This is written by an American male and is about the sexual revolution since the sixties, and is not just about Trump.) (Remember how Trump also liked to do the Beauty Pageants?) This author is talking about a revolution, and is not saying anything about all men, just some, and a lot of them are his supporters, (and he's doing well with white males). (What proportion of genders owns the media sources?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/opinion/sunday/a-playboy-for-president.html?_r=0

"...Trump, the thrice-married ubermensch who jokes about Megyn Kelly’s period, is the more usual reality. (So, albeit with more surface class, was the ultimate early-’60s man, the sex-addicted J.F.K.)...Then finally, among men who were promised pliant centerfolds and ended up single with only high-speed internet to comfort them, the men’s sexual revolution has curdled into a toxic subculture, resentful of female empowerment in all its forms... He’s become the Daddy Alpha for every alpha-aspiring beta male, whose mix of moral liberation and misogyny keeps the Ring-a-Ding-Ding dream alive."

You can tell he's in his element here.

[image not available]
Shulamit
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:40:54 PM

Neurons: 48,633
Now THERE'S the photo that should be smeared on the front pages of the US newspapers. I think it's illustrative of the reasons behind that strange expression. So THAT'S what he's thinking about when he says things that are particularly offensive!

On the other hand, the basic question still remains about the disparity in reporting where Clinton is held up to a standard higher than anyone could ever reach and Trump is held to no standard at all. The don't corner him on his documented lies, no film showing him saying something to the contrary, no use of the word, "liar". Very strange. Very scary actually.
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:28:40 AM

Neurons: 1,451,444
Chazlee wrote:
America's most famous creepy daddy, Mr. Donald J. Trump, has said a lot of weird/strange things about his eldest daughter, Ivanka. (For some unknown reason he seems to be less "interested" in his youngest daughter, Tiffany. I have no idea why). Well, recently Trump went on a television show, and made some statements which made many other fathers all over the world cringe.

"Donald Trump’s favorite physician, Dr. Mehmet Oz, is under fire after producers edited out a joke made by the GOP nominee about how much he loves kissing his daughter Ivanka. According to MSNBC’s Peter Alexander, when Ivanka came on to the show during Wednesday’s taping, her father greeted her with a kiss… to which Dr. Oz said something along the lines of, “It’s nice to see a dad kiss his daughter.” That was all it took for The Donald to give everyone the heebie-jeebies, telling the audience he kisses her every chance he gets."

Ok, now I have to admit that Ivanka certainly is an attractive lady. (That is until she starts talking about how her dad is going to fix America). Still, something is wrong here. Trump has talked about dating Ivanka.

And he has said the following about his feelings if she posed in Playboy.

“It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine,” he said. “I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure,” adding that, “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Now he admits that he never passes up the chance to pucker up and plant a wet, "fatherly" kiss on his daughter. While I do understand his feelings toward Ivanka, I am not her father and she is not my daughter.

America's most famous creepy daddy has had the pleasure of knowing many women in his lifetime. Some of them he has married. Still, there is a line he should not cross, and he should never speak about wanting to cross that line. When he does, it does not make him charming. It does not make him interesting. It does not make him funny. It certainly does not make him seem as if he would be a good president.

Instead, it makes him look like what he is: America's most famous creepy daddy.

An in-depth video analysis featuring a collection of creepy daddy photos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuaDOyy4osI