mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Trump companies owe $650 million Options
Chazlee
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:06:02 PM

Neurons: 4,214
America' most famous idiot, Mr. Donald J. Trump, is deeply in debt. "Companies belonging to Donald Trump have at least $650 million in debt, more than twice the amount shown in public filings made by his presidential campaign, the New York Times reported Saturday."

From the same article: "Trump's campaign filings show his businesses owed at least $315 million, the Times noted, saying they appear to be accurate and that Trump was not required to disclose all of his business activities."

"His lenders include one of the largest banks in China -- which the Republican candidate accuses of being a US economic foe -- and the investment bank Goldman Sachs, which he says influences his Democratic White House rival Hillary Clinton."

Peace.

https://us.yahoo.com/news/trump-companies-owe-650-million-ny-times-154100624.html
johnfl
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:38:27 PM

Neurons: 471,936
Chazlee wrote:
America' most famous idiot, Mr. Donald J. Trump, is deeply in debt. "Companies belonging to Donald Trump have at least $650 million in debt, more than twice the amount shown in public filings made by his presidential campaign, the New York Times reported Saturday."

From the same article: "Trump's campaign filings show his businesses owed at least $315 million, the Times noted, saying they appear to be accurate and that Trump was not required to disclose all of his business activities."

"His lenders include one of the largest banks in China -- which the Republican candidate accuses of being a US economic foe -- and the investment bank Goldman Sachs, which he says influences his Democratic White House rival Hillary Clinton."

Peace.

https://us.yahoo.com/news/trump-companies-owe-650-million-ny-times-154100624.html
keangal
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:54:41 PM

Neurons: 338,306
Most interesting
zeprexa
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:29:57 PM

Neurons: 23,369
The debt of the U.S. government is in the proximity of twenty trillion, which China holds approximately four trillion of that amount. Every American is responsible for part of this sum, which by everyone estimation, it cannot be repayable for many generations, if ever. I'm not responsible for Trump's debt.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:18:45 AM

Neurons: 55,571
zeprexa wrote:
The debt of the U.S. government is in the proximity of twenty trillion, which China holds approximately four trillion of that amount. Every American is responsible for part of this sum, which by everyone estimation, it cannot be repayable for many generations, if ever. I'm not responsible for Trump's debt.

Since people like Trump move manufacturing to other countries while getting corporate tax breaks and then use loopholes to pay no or little personal income tax, they are responsible for part of that debt. He and his cronies could probably pay off a lot of the debt with that fair share of tax money they avoid or shelter in other tax haven countries.

Of course we can't know exactly what Trump does as he won't release his income tax returns. We do know he has stock in companies that legally stash money in off-shore accounts.

The income tax laws he is proposing in fact give special favors to his companies. He is not for the 'little guy' no matter what he says.
popcorn1001
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:49:54 PM

Neurons: 77
Most interesting.
Romany
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 8:10:44 AM

Neurons: 58,236

The most puzzling and inexplicable point atm for people outside looking in is not why Trump refuses to release his tax files. It's obvious.

But WHY he is still able to take part in this circus when he doesn't fit the criteria?

The issue seems so simple: there are certain rules which govern presidential nomination. The whole world giggled at his rather desperate attempt to paint Obama as a 'foreigner' and claim he had no right to the presidency. But one of the other rules is that every candidate has to release their tax folio. That also governs one's right to be president.

In that case, with only a short time to go, surely that makes him ineligible? Why then is he even still allowed to take part in the process? Whether one's for or agin him is immaterial. It's part of the process. So why has he been given (what appears to the world outside as) immunity? Why such a laissez-faire attitude to one candidate? And why would this one particular person get to a Presidential level on terms denied to his predecessors?

And why would any other country in the world be expected to accept a President of a 'democracy' that doesn't seem to care whether the candidate for the top job is eligible or not?

A very puzzling conundrum. How do voters resolve this in their own minds?

Hope123
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 11:33:39 AM

Quote Romany - "And why would any other country in the world be expected to accept a President of a 'democracy' that doesn't seem to care whether the candidate for the top job is eligible or not?"

Exactly.

I am not sure but I believe I read somewhere that it is not the law that US presidential candidates have to release their income tax returns, but all have done so for many years, setting a precedent till now.

I certainly would want to see them and would never vote for anyone who refused when asked to do so. This man told 52 lies last week and had a big headline in the Los Angeles Times paper this morning stating such, so how can anyone believe him about his finances when he refuses to release them.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-false-statements-20160925-snap-story.html

"Scope of Trump's lies unprecedented for a modern presidential candidate"

Edited - Romany, I found this link about tax returns in US. From what I could find there's no law in Canada or UK either but primary politicians there have released their returns, especially in wake of the Panama Papers Release a few months ago.

New Law Requiring Release of Tax Returns for Presidential Candidates in US

Romany
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 3:09:50 PM

Neurons: 58,236

Thanks for that last link, Hope. But it still doesn't explain why everyone just says "Oh? Okey-dokey" to his recalcitrance?

As for the Drumph's porkies - there's quite a few places which have been covering them and exposing them since the campaign began. But in fact, most of the coverage I've got hold of (and believe me, I don't go out of my way to find it!) also covers what each candidate has said and gives links to proof of porkies or mistakes.

Btw - have you caught RSA's finest export, Trevor Noah, on the (American) Today Show? He's pretty much a window on the world as regards Drumph. He's also a great comedian.
Hope123
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 5:15:56 PM

Romany, people have been trying to figure that out ever since he got supporters. It is probably a combination of many factors. These are some of the theories I have read about what supporters may think.

Trump has supported the NRA position of no gun control so has the backing of the NRA, he accuses Hillary of wanting to get rid of guns because she wants some rules, and supporters believe him. I have put this as number one.

He is not Hillary. She lies. But they compartmentalize - the fact that Trump lies doesn't matter.
They hold Hillary to a higher standard. They believe a lot of what they have been told over the years by Republicans and by Trump, that Hillary has no heart. She is more of a 'hawk' than Obama, but she worked hard for many groups at 9/11 and for children all her life.

They don't do their homework and depend upon the media and hearsay for their opinions. They don't know policies, or that Trump changes his daily.
It's basically a two-party system and although a lot of critical thinkers like George Bush Sr. are switching for this election, a lot are staying loyal to the Republicans, even though Trump used to be a Democrat himself.
They feel they are losing their 'old' conservative values in social liberalism like LGBT, healthcare, Planned Parenthood etc.
Religion - see point directly above.
Fear of loss of control.
Fear of others taking their jobs or being terrorists. They feel he's right about immigration.
They have not bounced back yet from the 2008 financial crisis.
His largest group of supporters is made up of white males without tertiary education.
He's not the establishment. (meaning he knows nothing about running a country)
He is supposedly a great business person, ignoring that he had a million dollar head start and still had several bankruptcies.
Running a country is not like running a business, (although it is easy to run both into the ground, which he's had practice doing. snark, snark)
He is rich and has connections to beautiful women so that is going to rub off on them somehow.
He doesn't talk down to people because his own vocabulary consists of twenty or so words. It's been analyzed.

If you've seen any videos where Trump supporters have been interviewed, they actually believe he will physically build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. One woman, when asked what would happen if anybody climbed over the wall, said, "Shoot them".
They think even though he doesn't know what he's doing, he'll get good advisors - ignoring the fact that he's a one-man show and can't stick to advice given.
A powerful woman is a threat to some. A woman screeches and is aggressive, while a man is authoritative and assertive.
They feel Obama has used negotiation instead of doing 'something more' but they don't say if that is war or not. They wanted out of war but now say he left a vacuum that ISIS has filled when he pulled the troops. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. They connect Hillary to Obama.

I've probably missed some, and there are probably so many more not even thought of. Sometimes you just have a visceral feeling. I remember looking at our ex prime minister the first day I saw him on TV when my first thought was "you can't trust him". Turns out I was right, but I have no idea why I thought that. I have the same reaction to Trump, but I'm not alone on that one.

I only watched Jon Stewart a bit and loved it, but have not watched Trevor Noah. I should record it.

The debate tonight is supposed to be the most watched US presidential debate ever.

We just watched a TV special on PBS called "Inside Obama's White House". It was often actual footage all about the events that came into play for several international situations where he had to make tough decisions after listening to his experts, and to hope it was the right decision." When it was over, my husband looked at me and said, "No way would Trump have ever handled those situations so well".
Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:11:44 AM

Neurons: 1,452,022
Hope123 wrote:
If you've seen any videos where Trump supporters have been interviewed, they actually believe he will physically build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. One woman, when asked what would happen if anybody climbed over the wall, said, "Shoot them".
They think even though he doesn't know what he's doing, he'll get good advisors - ignoring the fact that he's a one-man show and can't stick to advice given.

I saw an interview the other day with some Chump supporters. They still believe that Chump will "Make America Grate Again."

Most likely it will be a sewer grate...

Blaidd-Drwg
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:35:16 AM

Neurons: 495,946
zeprexa wrote:

All US citizens are responsible for Trump's debt, as well as for any corporate debt that those corporations feel might stifle their ability to make money. We have bailed out the banks the finance industry as well as given trillions in tax payer money to corporations to bail them out when they go belly up.
TL Hobs
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 12:59:23 PM

Neurons: 6,101

A friend of mine in Texas is an investment broker for a major bank who told me that they refused two loan applications by Trump after considering it a bad risk.

My hope is that the IRS completes his audit prior to November 8, so he can fulfill his promise to reveal his tax papers. I am certain he would, since he never lies. Just ask him.