mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
There is something very wrong with Donald Trump Options
Chazlee
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:48:11 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
A very well-written article which, again, shows why America's most famous clown, Mr. Donald J. Trump, is unfit to be president. (Since the title of the article states exactly what I feel about Trump, I chose to use it in the title of this post).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/there-is-something-very-wrong-with-donald-trump/2016/08/01/73809c72-57fe-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most-draw8&wpmm=1

Peace.
Listening . . .
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:24:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/30/2011
Posts: 964
Neurons: 3,950
Wild guess, Chaz, .... Do you dislike Trump? OR do you work for Clinton? Think

With regard Trump's response to the Muslim parents who lost their son... This guy sums up the situation very nicely. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/01/open-letter-to-mr-khizr-khan.html
Blaidd-Drwg
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:51:35 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/2/2015
Posts: 2,249
Neurons: 495,481
Location: Cambridge, Minnesota, United States
Fox News. That kinda says it all, doesn't it?
Listening . . .
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:12:43 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/30/2011
Posts: 964
Neurons: 3,950
progpen wrote:
Fox News. That kinda says it all, doesn't it?


You could listen to the vet who wrote it and not who reported it but . . . No, that's a terrible idea. d'oh!
keangal
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:23:18 AM

Rank: Member

Joined: 5/16/2015
Posts: 83
Neurons: 338,306
Location: Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica
Or we could just listen to what Donald blurts out to please a crowd of frenzied rednecks.
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:48:41 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Listening . . . wrote:
Wild guess, Chaz, .... Do you dislike Trump? OR do you work for Clinton? Think

With regard Trump's response to the Muslim parents who lost their son... This guy sums up the situation very nicely. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/01/open-letter-to-mr-khizr-khan.html



Listening,

While my many posts show my intense dislike for America's most famous clown, Mr. Donald J. Trump, I do NOT work for Clinton or any other political candidate. Actually, I understand the reasons why some people dislike the Clintons (Hillary and Bill), and if Hillary were simply running against a different person than Trump, I would probably not even be commenting in this section of TFD. I am more than willing to concede that there are indeed good people who belong to all the political parties in America, and if someone other than Trump was running against Hillary, I would not be automatically attacking that person. Likewise, if the Democrats had a person who was like Trump, then I would definitely be posting a lot with posts against that person. So, for me it is not a matter of one political party being better than the other. Instead it is a real belief that Trump should not be given the chance to be president, based on the many things he has said and done.

As others have pointed out so clearly, Trump is a con artist who, if he gets into the White House, will cause irreparable damage to America. World leaders have already condemned this man, and if he wins the election, I fear we will lose the respect and friendships we have with our most trusted allies. Additionally, the terrorists who Trump so often says he will defeat will likely use his being president to justify doing more horrible deeds around the world, and to America.

Peace.
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:47:54 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Listening . . . wrote:
Wild guess, Chaz, .... Do you dislike Trump? OR do you work for Clinton? Think

With regard Trump's response to the Muslim parents who lost their son... This guy sums up the situation very nicely. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/01/open-letter-to-mr-khizr-khan.html



The article you offer is written in a very deceptive way. By saying that Mr.Khan's son is a "hero," and that he "made the ultimate sacrifice for his country," Ray Starmann, the writer of the article, makes it appear that he truly does have "sympathy for the death" of Mr. Khan's son. However, it doesn't take him long to turn the article into an attack piece, and the object of his wrath are his political enemies, all Muslims, and the Khan family. (One has to wonder why he felt the need to change the tone of his article, but then again, as someone else pointed out, this article is brought to us by the unbiased Fox news).


In the article, Starmann writes the following to Mr. Khan:

"Your religion of peace, Islam, is anything but that in 2016;" (Let me understand. They have lost their son, he is a "hero," but their religious beliefs, which one presumes their son shared, are attacked. Nice.)

"Regardless of what the feckless, naïve, leftist ideologue Barack Obama and his dimwitted colleagues John Kerry, Francois Hollande and Angela Merkel state, the United States and the West are at war with Radical Islam." (See, the article was not written to praise Mr. Khan's son. No, it was written to attack political enemies the writer and Donald Trump hate. That is why I say the article is deceptive in the way it is written.)

"Groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda have one goal, the complete destruction of the Judeo-Christian culture, our religions and our way of life." (Is "our religions and our way of life" meant to mean "Americans?" Does he not know that we Americans are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and probably others I can't think of right now).

"Do you think Americans are stupid?" (Why ask this to man whose son died as a soldier? A young man who the writer earlier called a "hero.")

"Whether you, your wife, the Muslim world and millions of Democrats are offended by Mr. Trump’s realistic view of the world is irrelevant." (Amazing. Simply amazing that he wrote those words).

"Whether you, your wife and son would have been prohibited from emigrating from Pakistan to America under Mr. Trump’s wartime plan is irrelevant...The United States of America has no obligation to open its doors in order to placate foreigners and liberals in our government." (This is a direct attack upon Mr. Khan's family, including his son, Capt. Humayun Khan. Amazing, in a most horrible kind of way.)

Thanks for the link to this most "interesting" article.


Peace.





Axel Bear
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:53:20 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/5/2015
Posts: 981
Neurons: 22,403


If Trump looses this election in November...and we all hope he will...there is gonna be a high price to pay. The Donald will never rest again till he gets REVENGE.

The brunt of the vengeance will be the media. Then of course followed by his election campaign team and the 'stupid' American people. Everything and everybody. Even Melanie had better watch out.

Trump is unable to accept defeat in any form at all. It just doesn't happen. He is not gonna be humiliated. He is no looser. Just ask him.

mactoria
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:33:55 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/13/2014
Posts: 614
Neurons: 1,761,323
Location: Stockton, California, United States
Chazlee: Thanks for linking this article for us. But my advice is: ignore "Listening...." who is in a minority, stuck in grievance politics: those with divergent beliefs (political/religious/cultural/etc.) are wrong and in some way at fault for whatever Listening... feels is wrong in his angry world. Grievance politics is unfitting for a great nation and great people. As of tonight, Trump's fellow Republicans are fleeing from a sinking ship....this is good not only because it will mean his defeat but also because it means there's still a core of patriotic, rational, reasonable conservatives to balance the liberal Democrats, as is needed in our democracy. I hope that the party survives in some form after the election, cleans its house, and returns to the days of Eisenhower (check the 1956 GOP platform).

I suggest use of "clown" to describe Trump is mistaken though: it makes his sick influence on millions of voters seem playful instead of damaging and pernicious. Until Trump loses the campaign in November, sane people need to take him deadly serious, denying every lie, exaggeration, whine, grievance, indecency.

Kagan's article speaks to Trump's psychological defects, many and obvious to reasonable people. It doesn't take a clinician to see the signs of a narcissistic personality, the lack of a filter, lack of impulse control, lack of maturity, lack of empathy, lack of understanding truth from lies, etc. What concerns me is Trump got the votes of 13 million of my fellow Americans....some may be regretting their votes now, but those that still think he's "The One" are breeding grounds of disenchantment, disloyalty, and violence.
IMcRout
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:32:17 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 5/27/2011
Posts: 35,380
Neurons: 563,379
Location: Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
For me, the highlight of the RNC was Mr D. Trump addressing his underprivileged, tired, poor, huddled white masses, the wretched refuse (sorry, Emma) of Obama's politics, calling out, 'I AM YOUR VOICE' - and nobody laughed.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:45:11 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 11,101
Neurons: 39,933
Location: Booligal, New South Wales, Australia
The letter written by Ray Starmann is amazing and countries that have been bitten by islamic radicals can empathise.
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:38:28 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
mactoria wrote:
Chazlee: Thanks for linking this article for us. But my advice is: ignore "Listening...." who is in a minority, stuck in grievance politics: those with divergent beliefs (political/religious/cultural/etc.) are wrong and in some way at fault for whatever Listening... feels is wrong in his angry world. Grievance politics is unfitting for a great nation and great people. As of tonight, Trump's fellow Republicans are fleeing from a sinking ship....this is good not only because it will mean his defeat but also because it means there's still a core of patriotic, rational, reasonable conservatives to balance the liberal Democrats, as is needed in our democracy. I hope that the party survives in some form after the election, cleans its house, and returns to the days of Eisenhower (check the 1956 GOP platform).

I suggest use of "clown" to describe Trump is mistaken though: it makes his sick influence on millions of voters seem playful instead of damaging and pernicious. Until Trump loses the campaign in November, sane people need to take him deadly serious, denying every lie, exaggeration, whine, grievance, indecency.

Kagan's article speaks to Trump's psychological defects, many and obvious to reasonable people. It doesn't take a clinician to see the signs of a narcissistic personality, the lack of a filter, lack of impulse control, lack of maturity, lack of empathy, lack of understanding truth from lies, etc. What concerns me is Trump got the votes of 13 million of my fellow Americans....some may be regretting their votes now, but those that still think he's "The One" are breeding grounds of disenchantment, disloyalty, and violence.



Mactoria, I see your point about my calling Trump a clown. Actually, now that I think about it, I have been insulting clowns by putting Trump in their profession, and I don't think they deserve that to happen. So, I want to say that Trump is not a clown anymore!! Well, now I have another problem. I need to find a different title for him. (This is not so easy to do, since I really did like calling him a clown). Hey, I have an idea. I will start a new topic and seek help from the TFD audience. Thank you very much!

BTW, for any clowns who may be reading this post, I apologize to you for saying Trump is a clown. He is not a clown, and he will never be a member of your profession, since you all make people, especially children, happy, and he makes people, especially adults, frightened and angry.

Peace.
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:23:04 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Tovarish wrote:
The letter written by Ray Starmann is amazing and countries that have been bitten by islamic radicals can empathise.


Perhaps it would be easier to agree with you if Starmann had kept his comments limited to Islamic radicals. Instead, by making derogatory comments about Islam, he makes it impossible to see his article in a positive light. He simply comes across as a typical Trump supporter, who uses inflammatory rhetoric to promote the idea that Trump would be a great president.

If you really believe that what is needed to "Make America Great Again" are people who willingly disparage other people's religious beliefs by writing articles which do just that, then that is your right to do so. However, we should not be surprised when those good people who are being relentlessly attacked voice their opposition to the attacks.

Also, may I ask you why you found Starmann's article to be "amazing?" After all, he was simply repeating what Trump has been saying for far too long now. However, perhaps what you meant by the word "amazing" is that you were amazed that a military officer, while speaking about the death of a young soldier, a soldier he referred to as a "hero," would take the opportunity to write an article attacking that soldier's family and the soldier himself. If that is what you meant by "amazing," then I have to agree with you that Starmann's article was indeed "amazing."

Peace.
MelissaMe
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:01:04 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 5,413
Neurons: 347,528
Location: Gualala, California, United States
Clowns? Amusing? Sick

There's a widespread fear of clowns! They definitely creep me out. Eh?


Scary clown! They're all around! Sick



[image not available]

The media is depicting him as a clown.
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:03:12 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,200
Neurons: 699,554
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Just because one clown is poisoning the clown culture with his attitude, doesn't mean we should start judging all clowns to be like him.
Axel Bear
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:08:40 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/5/2015
Posts: 981
Neurons: 22,403


Chazlee wrote:
Tovarish wrote:
The letter written by Ray Starmann is amazing and countries that have been bitten by islamic radicals can empathise.


Perhaps it would be easier to agree with you if Starmann had kept his comments limited to Islamic radicals. Instead, by making derogatory comments about Islam, he makes it impossible to see his article in a positive light. He simply comes across as a typical Trump supporter, who uses inflammatory rhetoric to promote the idea that Trump would be a great president.

If you really believe that what is needed to "Make America Great Again" are people who willingly disparage other people's religious beliefs by writing articles which do just that, then that is your right to do so. However, we should not be surprised when those good people who are being relentlessly attacked voice their opposition to the attacks.

Also, may I ask you why you found Starmann's article to be "amazing?" After all, he was simply repeating what Trump has been saying for far too long now. However, perhaps what you meant by the word "amazing" is that you were amazed that a military officer, while speaking about the death of a young soldier, a soldier he referred to as a "hero," would take the opportunity to write an article attacking that soldier's family and the soldier himself. If that is what you meant by "amazing," then I have to agree with you that Starmann's article was indeed "amazing."


I think she was preoccupied with watching cricket and sipping lemonade.

MelissaMe
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:10:27 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 5,413
Neurons: 347,528
Location: Gualala, California, United States
Lotje1000 wrote:
Just because one clown is poisoning the clown culture with his attitude, doesn't mean we should start judging all clowns to be like him.


Google search for images of scary clowns! There are too many to count!
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:14:51 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,200
Neurons: 699,554
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
MelissaMe wrote:
Lotje1000 wrote:
Just because one clown is poisoning the clown culture with his attitude, doesn't mean we should start judging all clowns to be like him.


Google search for images of scary clowns! There are too many to count!


Oh yes, they're scary beyond any doubt. They're not running for president, though. That's a whole new world of scary.
Axel Bear
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:30:10 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/5/2015
Posts: 981
Neurons: 22,403


Am I the only one who has never-ever liked clowns?

Probably due to the fact that I have always associated circuses with the exploitation of wild animals.


Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:30:29 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
I had almost forgotten that John Wayne Gacy, who killed 33 young men and buried them under his house, liked to dress up as a clown. Still, I agree with Lotje1000 who wrote "Oh yes, they're scary beyond any doubt. They're not running for president, though. That's a whole new world of scary."

Sorry I can't post a picture of John Wayne Gacy, for some unknown reason, but Google his name and the word "clown" and you will see him. Actually, there is a picture of him without his clown makeup posing with the former First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. A scary clown indeed.
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:46:33 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Axel Bear wrote:


Am I the only one who has never-ever liked clowns?

Probably due to the fact that I have always associated circuses with the exploitation of wild animals.





I also never liked clowns, and based on what others have posted here, I am now thinking that many people throughout the world may not like clowns. Perhaps that is why when we don't like someone or we think someone is stupid, we call that person a clown. However, people are not the only ones to dislike clowns. Bulls hate rodeo clowns. They do their best to trample these annoying people dressed up in weird clothing with weird hair.

Imagine having a job that is hated by both man and beast.

Peace to you.
Helenej
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:54:27 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/24/2013
Posts: 2,143
Neurons: 10,538
Location: Kiev, Kyiv City, Ukraine
Axel Bear wrote:
Am I the only one who has never-ever liked clowns?

I always feel pity for clowns. I realize that any of them would rather play Hamlet instead of playing an idiot.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.