The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

My mind is carnal. Options
pljames
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 1:12:47 PM

Neurons: 15,207
I have been told I am carnal because my mind is carnal. I want to believe my mind is spiritual instead of carnal because I can hear my words but I cannot see them, leading me to say I am saved. I was touched by God twice, and I cannot express the feeling when that happened.Then who is the voice that talks to me in my head and says it's God? curious-Paul
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 10:36:34 PM

Neurons: 39,933
pljames, does a voice in your head really say it is God speaking to you?
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:22:02 PM

Neurons: 599,082
'carnal' has more than one meaning, Paul. You should ask whoever it was that said you are carnal to explain what they mean. I expect it was meant in the sense that you are of the world. In that respect we are all carnal. However, a Christian Believer is in the world but not of it, therefore you are not a carnal man. I suggest you should think about the company you keep.

With regard to voices in your head - it is not the voice of God. God speaks to us today through Scripture. What you hear is created by your subconscious mind. You should not rely upon it for guidance or instruction.
Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 6:31:22 AM

Neurons: 39,933
Carnal Knowledge????
Axel Bear
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:14:39 PM

Neurons: 22,403

Tovarish wrote:
Carnal Knowledge????

"Carnal knowledge is an archaic or legal euphemism for sexual intercourse."

I would not think pljames is suggesting anything of the sort.

rock-onn
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 7:41:13 AM

Neurons: 390
According to Christian teachings, the entire man(spirit, soul,body) is carnal. When a person accepts Jesus as his lord he gives life to the spirit and then it becomes holy(that process is called born-again). That person has to read bible so that his soul(mind) can be corrected and made to think like a righteous person. Your flesh has carnal character and you have to fight in mind against the desires of your flesh.That is the war you have in your mind. Devil just stirs up the desires of your flesh through thoughts and other outside medias or he may speak or reason with you to do evil.

For non-Christians, carnal means having sex with a person who is not their spouse.

rock-onn
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 7:47:41 AM

Neurons: 390
You can hear God speaking to you. The primary way is to hear through the bible scriptures. God will speak to you in respect to your bible knowledge. If you don't know some important bible scriptures then God will not advise or lead in those areas because you don't have word in you. His leading is limited by your bible knowledge. That is why, it is so important to have self study of bible. And also listen to the church elders. God ordained a church service once a weak (atleast). Devil may try to fool you also. Your mind may speak to you. God may speak in different manners. Usually he speaks soft voice. The bible scriptures can speak to you. Most Christians are led by scriptures and they sometimes hear God.

Lotje1000
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 7:53:58 AM

Neurons: 660,058
If he asks you something, make him ask it three times. Three's the divine number. If he only asks it twice, then it's the Devil. (Or so I learnt studying Mariken van Nieumeghen and other stories/manuscripts.)
pedro
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 7:58:55 AM

Neurons: 63,022
A bit of passing traffic and you could get it all wrong....
leonAzul
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 2:33:05 PM

Neurons: 30,791
Today is lúnasa.

Let's dance.

8^)
leonAzul
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2016 3:07:16 PM

Neurons: 30,791
pljames wrote:
[b]I have been told I am carnal because my mind is carnal.

Yes, my mind is made of meat as well.

What of it?

I can imagine seraphim and deviltry, blue skies and sulfurous pits, funnel clouds and samaras, pelicans and pterosaurs, all within the meat of my brain.

No matter how painful or confusing it might feel, I still prefer this to the alternative.

Think