mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Sage advice. Options
rluna
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:38:06 PM

Neurons: 570
I'm writing a letter to include with a gift for a child about to be born. Any clever advice to include in the letter?
kitten
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:45:45 PM

Neurons: 7,420
Hello and welcome.

Do you know the gender of the newborn?

What is the gift? By this I mean is it an album where this can be included?

Just asking for a little more information.

peace out, >^,,^<
rluna
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:48:24 PM

Neurons: 570
kitten wrote:
Hello and welcome.

Do you know the gender of the newborn?

What is the gift? By this I mean is it an album where this can be included?

Just asking for a little more information.

peace out, >^,,^<

A little girl.
Andras
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 1:32:02 PM

Neurons: 2,374
rluna wrote:
I'm writing a letter to include with a gift for a child about to be born. Any clever advice to include in the letter?

how about a horoscope (birth chart)?
Alias
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 10:01:06 PM

Neurons: 1,993
How about.
Hi ....... thank you for choosing .......as your parents. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I hope you are ready to be loved and adored for the unique beautiful human being you are. We are all so excited about your arrival and we all look forward to sharing your joys and struggles as you travel through the amazing journey of your life.
Lots of Love
Thesaurium
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 10:41:49 PM

Neurons: 6
rluna wrote:

The consonyms for BRN The Bairn was born in a barn

Bairn is Scottish for baby
kitten
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:49:58 AM

Neurons: 7,420
Alias wrote:
How about.
Hi ....... thank you for choosing .......as your parents. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I hope you are ready to be loved and adored for the unique beautiful human being you are. We are all so excited about your arrival and we all look forward to sharing your joys and struggles as you travel through the amazing journey of your life.
Lots of Love

Oh, Alias

I do like this suggestion.Applause

I asked the above question and just sat here like a bump on a log and could think of anthing! Speak to the hand

I was thinking along the lines of a journal or the start of a photo album. This would work wonderfully well on it's own. Perhaps in caligraphay on antique paper, with the date of birth, weight and length.

>^,,^<
pedro
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:32:04 AM

Neurons: 63,022
rluna wrote:

Keep it simple he/she probably can't read yet.
Alias
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:07:26 AM

Neurons: 1,993
Thanks Kitten...I dont know where the stuff comes from sometimes I( surprise myself....

Maybe I should start writing greeting cards....Hallmark are not exactly struggling even in the electronic age! (laughs)

Pedro, you are a wag!..(ha ha ha)

My brother has more than 10,000 pics of his kids he would have started at the birth but his wife put her foot down....come to think of it I remember seeing all these odd pics of her distended abdomen in the weeks prior..hmmm. Sometimes we are so busy documenting our lives or worrying about what we look like , if wer know what is currently hip and doing what others expect or demand of us....that we forget to live our own life to the full...
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:23:29 AM

Neurons: 39,933
rluna, I would under no circumstance send a gift before a baby was born.

Least of all with a funny card or cute writing.

If something goes wrong with the delivery you may regret both the gift and the wit.
GabhSigenod
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:48:50 AM

Neurons: 149,736
If the parents have revealed a given name prior to birth,
we always write about the origin and meaning of the baby/s name.
The Inappropriate Thesaurus
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:09:41 AM

Neurons: 12
Tell her that "mean people" or "stupid people" or "impatient people" are all just regular people who suffer from various degrees of human ineffectiveness. This ineffectiveness is like an invisible wheelchair. She would never get upset about people with an obvious physical or mental handicap, because their ailment is visible and elicits great sympathy. Regular people who are selfish or mean are simply suffereing from a more insidious handicap which requires higher-echelon thought processes to recognize and deal with in a humane way. In very extreme cases (murders etc.), their suffereing requires euthanasia, but in average cases people who treat you poorly are in need of great sympathy and transcendant patience which is difficult but not unattainable with practice. Tell her that a healthy attitude will not just be better for herself but better for the rest of the world as well.

I recieved a letter like this from my "birth parents", given to me by my adopted parents when I was 25, and I wish it had included more important advice than it did, which was just, "always wear a condom".