mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Money's a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet. Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 94,785
Money's a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet.

Henry James (1843-1916)
gerry
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:40:43 AM

Neurons: 291,011
you must be a very lonely person money has no love only the person has and can give love
Rey LUIGI (de las Americas)
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:02:27 AM

Neurons: 1,499
Learn to break bread and pay it forward. :-)
Bully_rus
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:16:06 AM

Neurons: 317,956
The chasing has its own excitements too...
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:09:40 AM

Neurons: 6,525,365
Context from : The Portrait of a Lady.

Chapter XXXV

“You have not told me that they are pleased, and when I wrote to Mrs. Touchett the other day she never answered my note. If they had been delighted I should have learnt it, and the fact of my being poor and you rich is the most obvious explanation of their want of delight. But, of course, when a poor man marries a rich girl he must be prepared for imputations. I don’t mind them; I only care for one thing your thinking it’s all right. I don’t care what others think. I have never cared much, and why should I begin today, when I have taken to myself a compensation for everything? I won’t pretend that I am sorry you are rich; I am delighted. I delight in everything that is yours whether it be money or virtue. Money is a great advantage. It seems to me, however, that I have sufficiently proved that I can get on without it; I never in my life tried to earn a penny, and I ought to be less subject to suspicion than most people. I suppose it is their business to suspect—that of your own family; it’s proper on the whole they should. They will like me better some day; so will you, for that matter. Meanwhile my business is not to bother, but simply to be thankful for life and love. It has made me better, loving you,” he said on another occasion; “it has made me wiser, and easier, and brighter. I used to want a great many things before, and to be angry that I didn’t have them. Theoretically, I was satisfied, as I once told you. I flattered myself that I had limited my wants. But I was subject to irritation; I used to have morbid, sterile, hateful fits of hunger, of desire. Now I am really satisfied, because I can’t think of anything better. It is just as when one has been trying to spell out a book in the twilight, and suddenly the lamp comes in. I had been putting out my eyes over the book of life, and finding nothing to reward me for my pains; but now that I can read it properly I see that it’s a delightful story. My dear girl, I can’t tell you how life seems to stretch there before us—what a long summer afternoon awaits us. It’s the latter half of an Italian day—with a golden haze, and the shadows just lengthening, and that divine delicacy in the light, the air, the landscape, which I have loved all my life, and which you love to-day. Upon my word, I don’t see why we shouldn’t get on. We have got what we like—to say nothing of having each other. We have the faculty of admiration, and several excellent beliefs. We are not stupid, we are not heavy, we are not under bonds to any dull limitations. You are very fresh, and I am well-seasoned. We have got my poor child to amuse us; we will try and make up some little life for her. It is all soft and mellow—it has the Italian colouring.”

http://www.bartleby.com/311/35.html
mudbudda669
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:19:23 AM

Neurons: 407,461
Sad but True . . .
Ricardo Zúñiga
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:51:11 AM

Neurons: 34,649
And this is an everyday struggle.
Ghada M.Ahmad
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:34:36 PM

Neurons: 175,436
In other words, don't let money be an end; let it be only a means.
Fredric-frank Myers
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:17:08 PM

Neurons: 37,072
Ah yes, sir James, tis all that and much more, I must confess....