mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Euphemisms for Dying Options
Alias
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:28:01 AM

Neurons: 1,993
Hey Greensleeves..
I am not sure I want to munch (mangere) away at the pissinlits.................
It doesnt sound very appetising to me!!! (laughs heartily)Dancing

1: Gone to the great beyond..
2: Jammin with Jimi (muso version...jammin with Jimi Hendrix)
4: Shootin the Breeze with Beelzebub
5: Finally getting his 15 minutes of Flame!!! (Cremation)
ARAN87908
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:49:14 AM

Neurons: 96
HAHA...the last is so funny...15mins burn...

How I wish our hunman can be a phoenix...so we can back to live in this "15mins"...
That's wonderful...

Hey,Alias...Do you believe in 2012?
excaelis
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 1:15:25 PM

Neurons: 32,652
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
That was a good one, Rama.
Direct loan from Latin quietus, at rest. Those who are at rest or dead are usually very quiet.
I didn't know quietus was an English word as well.

For who bear the whips and scorns of time,....
...When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin ?

Hamlet, 3.1.70-76
Alias
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:07:23 PM

Neurons: 1,993
ARAN87908 wrote:
HAHA...the last is so funny...15mins burn...

How I wish our hunman can be a phoenix...so we can back to live in this "15mins"...
That's wonderful...

Hey,Alias...Do you believe in 2012?

Hi Aran .."15 mins of flame" is a play on words of the "very famous" Andy Warhol quote from the 1960's "In the future everyone will be famous, everyone will have their 15minutes of fame"

I love it because it is pregnant with irony. It highlights the vacuousness of fame...The pursuit of fame mimics immortality...but in the end we all die..ashes to ashes dust to dust.
and even if others remember us because of our fame (or infamy) it means nothing to you if you arent there.... Angel

You asked: Do I believe in 2012? ...Normally I would tease you for writing it that way but I know you are not a native English writer/speaker I will answer what I know you mean..

2012 (next year) is calculated to correspond with a date on the Mayan Calendar that signifies the end of that calendar and some have deduced ...the end of time as we know it..or a time of great planet wide cataclysm.

There are also a number of Bible scholars who for some time have calculated the apocalypse, armageddon in the years between 2008 and 2016. Then there are some who point to the vague "prophecies" of Nostradamas which some argue suggest that the current period of human existence is about to cahnge dramatically.

While there have always been doomsday cults and prophecies of this or that date as being the "end of the world". Even back in the first century AD a number of individuals and groups sprang up claiming the demise of the world and the "coming of the lord!!"

OK thats enough of a preamble to my answer (laughs). No Aran I dont believe that the world will end in 2012. I have little or no doubt that there will be terrible floods, maybe earthquakes and other natural disasters as the planet groans under the weight of 6.5 Billion humans sucking up its resources, strip mining its surface of trees and minerals, gobbling up its oil and regurgitating poisonous gases.

Humans are a virus! They were an innoccuos part of the web of life on this planet but since the industrial revolution humans have broken free of that web and have become the parasite that will destroy its host...

Somewhat bleak I know Aran, but like any infection there are forces trying to overcome the malise that ails it. Each of us as individual can reduce our personal impact and even put our energy, resouces and imagination in to healing this scourge...Of bringing the infection under control and becoming a beneficial organism.. working in concert with the earth to sustain us both.

I like the Motto: "Be good to yourself and your planet"..(smiles) Angel