mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Ophiuchus Options
biba
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:35:43 PM

Neurons: 5,205
Ophiuchus the thirteenth sign in addition to the twelve signs of the traditional Zodiac.
What is your zodiac sign? Are you affected by the newest sign? What can you say about it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac#Zodiacal_constellations <wiki>
Cat
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:19:17 PM

Neurons: 194,017
No change, still Pisces.

I'd hate to think I'd have to change my personality based on a new zodiac sign. Dancing
memphis jailer
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:24:34 PM

Neurons: 1,311
i read that the only thing that changed was a tilt in the axis .... personally .... will always be a pisces .... i don't believe a small tilt can change my personality
kitten
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:59:47 PM

Neurons: 7,420
There are some people who are upset at work. d'oh! I just told them that I don't really think it matters because when we changed from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar our days jumped about 12-plus days depending on the year. Whistle

Old Style Calendar

The Julian calendar was in general use in Europe and Northern Africa from the times of the Roman Empire until 1582, when Pope Gregory XIII promulgated the Gregorian calendar. Reform was required because too many leap days are added with respect to the astronomical seasons on the Julian scheme. On average, the astronomical solstices and the equinoxes advance by about 11 minutes per year against the Julian year. As a result, the calculated date of Easter gradually moved out of phase with the March equinox. While Hipparchus and presumably Sosigenes were aware of the discrepancy, although not of its correct value, it was evidently felt to be of little importance at the time of the Julian reform. However, it accumulated significantly over time: the Julian calendar gained a day about every 134 years. By 1582, it was ten days out of alignment from where it supposedly was in 325 during the Council of Nicaea.

The Gregorian calendar was soon adopted by most Catholic countries (e.g. Spain, Portugal, Poland, most of Italy). Protestant countries followed later, and the countries of Eastern Europe adopted the "new calendar" even later. In the British Empire (including the American colonies), Wednesday 2 September 1752 was followed by Thursday 14 September 1752. For 12 years from 1700 Sweden used a modified Julian calendar, and adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1753, but Russia remained on the Julian calendar until 1918 (1 February became 14 February), after the Russian Revolution (which is thus called the "October Revolution" though it occurred in Gregorian November), while Greece continued to use it until 1924.[38]

Throughout the long transition period, the Julian calendar has continued to diverge from the Gregorian. This has happened in whole-day steps, as dropped leap-years on certain centennial years in the Gregorian calendar continued to be leap years in the Julian calendar. Thus, in the year 1700 (after Feb. 29, 1700) the difference increased to 11 days; in 1800, 12; and in 1900, 13. Since 2000 was a leap year according to the Gregorian calendar, the Julian calendar remained in step with it: 29 February 2000 (Julian) fell on 13 March (Gregorian). This difference will persist through the last day of February, 2100 (Julian), which is not a Gregorian leap year, but is a Julian leap year. Monday 1 March 2100 (Julian) falls on Monday 15 March 2100 (Gregorian), a full two-week discrepancy.[39]

..............I am quite happy being my sun sign but know other signs also contribute, as well. Angel

peace out, >^,,^<

ntikeren
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:34:35 PM

Neurons: 156
Nooooo, CNN already confirmed that the zodiacs are not changing. Even so, its only apply for those who were born after 2009. I'm a Scorpion and the real one, it will make doesn't any sense when I'm turning into a Libran. Gosh.. d'oh!

The calendar we used now is based on Gregorian, it has precise calculation and more perfect than Julian -- as far as I ever read.Think

So, once a Scorpion, always be a Scorpion until my last breath.Speak to the hand

The Ophiucus constellation only make some people confused. In addition what so cool of being represent with a man and a snake? Brick wall
kitten
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 12:02:53 AM

Neurons: 7,420
ntikeren wrote:
Nooooo, CNN already confirmed that the zodiacs are not changing. Even so, its only apply for those who were born after 2009. I'm a Scorpion and the real one, it will make doesn't any sense when I'm turning into a Libran. Gosh.. d'oh!

The calendar we used now is based on Gregorian, it has precise calculation and more perfect than Julian -- as far as I ever read.Think

So, once a Scorpion, always be a Scorpion until my last breath.Speak to the hand

The Ophiucus constellation only make some people confused. In addition what so cool of being represent with a man and a snake? Brick wall

Libra is the only sign in the Zodiac that is not represented by an animal, fish, crustaceans, combination of something or a man/woman. The sign of Libra is just scales-----balance, justice, and ever weighing. Anxious The animals are added by man.

The symbol for Libra is the Scales, making it the only zodiac sign of which the symbol is not a living creature. In Roman mythology, Libra is considered to depict the scales held by Astraea (identified as Virgo), the goddess of justice. <<<<< TFD

The Snake is part of Chinese astrology. They repeat every twelve years. 1905, 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001 are the years for the snake.

Chinese Astrology

peace out, >^,,^<
boneyfriend
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 12:12:24 AM

Neurons: 10,546
Unfortunately I am still a Cancer. To me the most unattractive sign of the zodiac. Don't like any of the traits. To bad I have many of them.
Ray41
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 1:35:27 AM

Neurons: 45,980
Hey boney, I am a Cancer and the crab has some of the most positive traits out of all the other signs. Not that I care that much as I believe that zodiac signs are completely irrelevant. They are a con designed to make the so called predictors wealthy and give gullible readers false hope or expectationsThink .
ntikeren
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 5:49:48 AM

Neurons: 156
Kitten: I'm definitely totally not suitable as a Libran :D
blueberry
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 5:54:58 AM

Neurons: 93
Demoted from Capricorn to Sagitarius.
Cannot possibly be.
Alias
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:33:35 AM

Neurons: 1,993
Oh! Phiuck us! ....sometimes Oh Phiuk me!

That is what I say when I come out on a cold rainy morning, running late for work, to find I have left my car lights on and the battery's flat.!!!!!!!d'oh!

Fish pulling in two directions constantly and getting nowhere! (laughs!) Scorpio rising....forever rising!Think Its a hard life! Think ..........Say no more!Silenced Whistle

Bon Nuit Angel