The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

There is no god/God Options
Absinthius
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 5:34:17 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/2015
Posts: 382
Neurons: 25,950
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
jacobusmaximus wrote:
And just because the Hutarees claim to be Christians doesn't mean they are Christians. Where is the evidence to back up their claim to be Christian Believers? Unless I see them walking the walk I won't believe that they are Christians.


Where have we heard this argument before?

As long as they believe they are christians, they are. Being religious was all subjective, wasn't it? You really can't claim its a personal thing and then categorize anyone you disagree with as fake. If you disagree with this, an equally strong argument could be made for them being the real christians.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:39:28 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/17/2009
Posts: 13,003
Neurons: 599,082
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Absinthius wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
And just because the Hutarees claim to be Christians doesn't mean they are Christians. Where is the evidence to back up their claim to be Christian Believers? Unless I see them walking the walk I won't believe that they are Christians.


Where have we heard this argument before?

As long as they believe they are christians, they are. Being religious was all subjective, wasn't it? You really can't claim its a personal thing and then categorize anyone you disagree with as fake. If you disagree with this, an equally strong argument could be made for them being the real Christians.


No, they have to follow the teachings of Christ if they want to be Christians. Christ never amassed weapons of violence.
Yes, being religious was all subjective. It was the religious Jews who persecuted Christ and eventually had him put to death.
Many people believe they are Christians or Muslims but their actions betray them. The same can be said for atheists.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:40:36 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/17/2009
Posts: 13,003
Neurons: 599,082
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Absinthius wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
Let me take the scientist's side for a moment and ask, "where is the evidence that the Hutaree Christian Militia Movement possessed more weapons etc., etc.? The New York Times? Pah! Daryl Johnson? Is there a Daryl Johnson? If so, where is his evidence for his statement. Unless he can show me all the weapons of the Hutarees beside all the weapons of the Islamic terrorists I won't believe him (if he exists).


This has very little to do with science. Nothing, actually. Journalistic integrity perhaps? Honesty?

I'm not sure why you are jumping to the defense of the Hutaree militia here, they have been convicted of having weapons and charged with plans for violence and murder. This doesn't really do you any favours Jacobus.


Eh!
tunaafi
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:50:10 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/3/2014
Posts: 4,453
Neurons: 53,503
Location: Karlín, Praha, Czech Republic
jacobusmaximus wrote:
No, they have to follow the teachings of Christ if they want to be Christians. Christ never amassed weapons of violence.

That would rule out more than 90% of all the people generally considered to be Christians who ever lived.
Absinthius
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 9:29:25 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/23/2015
Posts: 382
Neurons: 25,950
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
jacobusmaximus wrote:

Many people believe they are Christians or Muslims but their actions betray them. The same can be said for atheists.[/color]


You are going to have to explain that one, especially the last bit. 'Many people believe they are atheists, but their actions betray them'?

jacobusmaximus wrote:

Yes, being religious was all subjective. It was the religious Jews who persecuted Christ and eventually had him put to death. [/color]


What point is this adressing exactly? My point is that you can't both claim religion is subjective and that anyone who disagrees with you is objectively a fake. If it is subjective that means that you AND the Hutaree militia are both as christian as you consider yourselves to be. And they seem willing to kill for it, doesn't that make them rather more real than the average christian?
Trichakra
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:34:32 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/30/2016
Posts: 37
Neurons: 161
You are silly.
Trichakra
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 5:57:05 AM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 8/30/2016
Posts: 37
Neurons: 161
God is everywhere.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.